Monster MotorsportSky Insurance

Thread: Audi A3 MPV

Audi A3 MPV

According to a small item in this week's Auto Express and an item on the Car Magazine website Audi are intending to make a MPV based on the A3. For more details see the item in Car Magazine:

Audi mulling Vario MPV (2016) latest details | Secret New Cars | Car Magazine Online
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    How is that different from a Q3?
    A3 sportback 2.0FSI sport, mauritius blue, proline, alu, interior light pack, rain&light sensor, cruise.

I don't think the Q3 is based on the latest MQB platform whereas the new A3 MPV will be.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

1st Gear

Status
    Don't think I'd be trading the a3 SB in for that in 3 years lol! Not the nicest looking of cars!!!
    I am now the very very proud owner of an A3 Sportback S-line 2.0 TDI Glacier white - panoramic sunroof and privacy glass!

See ya Polo!!!!!!!!!!

5th Gear

Status
    Sounds just like a revamp of the current Q3. Of all the Q's the 3 has had very mixed press and beleive is the least popular Q although I quite like it myself.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-line, - Daytona Grey, comfort pack, interior light pack , aluminium roof rails, Audi speakers, folding door mirrors, hill hold, sport suspension, no smoking pack.

3rd Gear

Status
    Oh, please no. There are other marques for MPV drivers.
    2013 A3 Sportback 2.0TDi 150 S-Line - Daytona Grey, B&O, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, SD Nav, Hill Hold Assist.
    2010 A4 2.0TDi 170 S Line | 2008 Golf GT Sport 140 | 2008 S3 | 2005 A3 2.0TDi 140 S Line | 2003 TT 225 | 1998 A4 2.8 Quattro

1st Gear

Status
    Auto express are the motoring equivalent of the Sun. They just make stuff up. I love their 'Exclusive' scoops which are essentially their own mockups of what they imagine a car will look like.

Still, BMW have been spied testing out a 5 and 7 seat MPV concept recently*. I don't think Audi have a similar need to produce one as VW and SEAT already have that market covered.

*I'm greatly worried about this as a road user. The most arrogant and obnoxious drivers I see are generally driving MPVs or BMWs... combing both could spell autopocalypse.

Neutral

Status
    Looks like a ford galaxy IMO. Not for me.