Friday - Collection Date! 3 more sleeps (Homage to Gweneira)

SJW

Reaction score
Good afternoon All,

Took a call from Audi yesterday informing me that my car would be ready this friday from 8.30am.

Damn - quite alot of meetings in the diary that day with work. :wtf:Let me see, reschedule the meetings or put off getting the car till saturday. Easy choice. :icon_thumright:

Will aim to get to the dealership late morning on friday! About 8.29am :)

Reactions: Gweneira, cussycod and Jeff777LUFC
Good afternoon All,

Took a call from Audi yesterday informing me that my car would be ready this friday from 8.30am.

Damn - quite alot of meetings in the diary that day with work. :wtf:Let me see, reschedule the meetings or put off getting the car till saturday. Easy choice. :icon_thumright:

Will aim to get to the dealership late morning on friday! About 8.29am :)

I like a good countdown thread. Lol@8.29, :) x

That's good to hear, the obvious choice is to reschedule the meetings!!

Out of curiosity when did you order the car and what was the build date?

And the count down starts, I'm not jealous at all!!

I like a good countdown thread. Lol@8.29, :) x

Thanks Sandra. I am pleased you noticed the witty remark!! :)

I have to travel by train from Essex/Suffolk border to London and get a train from Paddington to Newbury. I think getting there for 8.29 will be pushing it. I could have still had the meetings but I didnt fancy travelling back in rush hour from Berkshire to Essex in the Sportback. Preferred to go during the earlier part of the day before people start making their way home to possibly go away for the bank holiday weekend.

Besides I would like a good crack at the first journey to see if I can notch up a respectable MPG for the journey!!

That's good to hear, the obvious choice is to reschedule the meetings!!

Out of curiosity when did you order the car and what was the build date?

No brainer for me ANboy in rescheduling. Hopefully both of us are not the only ones who would. ;-)

Below is the history/timing from order to collection:

Order - 20 something of Feb
Original build week 20
Confirmed build week 18 (w/c 29/4)
Shipped - circa 8/5 from Emden-Grimsby (held up for 3-4 days with Customs)
Delivery to the dealer - end of last week/weekend just gone
Dealership confirmed delivery 20/5
Collection day - 24/5
Dealer - Audi Ridgeway

Ordered - 2TDI Sportback S-line (reasonably specced)

Hope this info helps.

And the count down starts, I'm not jealous at all!!

Hello ukm120 - I've been fairly jealous of everybody else collecting their cars but enjoyed the posts and pics to help me pass the time and frustration that I have experienced in waiting.

Hopefully you will not have too much longer to wait yourself?

SJW...Suffolk/Essex Border...that is my domain...living in Sudbury but commuting from Colchester...Lucky you btw...looks like I will see you driving around before I get mine.

@ SuffolkAudiMan - haha. Yep. I think you made reference in another thread that you are dealing with Audi Colchester. I thought I could pop in there for you.

My folks live in Halstead and go shopping in Sudbury. Small world. I live just north west of Colchester and travel by train from Colchester. Probably seen you before but obviously wouldnt know it was you.

Now you will know it is me if I park at Colchester. May use Marks Tey instead as I find the parking fairs slightly better given that station is not on the main line. Less busy. At least the car will have a better chance of survival given that my last car got marked up at Colchester station. Only downside is trains are less frequent from Marks Tey.

Hello ukm120 - I've been fairly jealous of everybody else collecting their cars but enjoyed the posts and pics to help me pass the time and frustration that I have experienced in waiting.

Hopefully you will not have too much longer to wait yourself?

I know what you mean, the forum has been great for getting ideas and advice, and seeing others getting their cars has been good to. Not too long now (hopefully) for me, car left the factory last week so just waiting for the call now.

No brainer for me ANboy in rescheduling. Hopefully both of us are not the only ones who would. ;-)

Below is the history/timing from order to collection:

Order - 20 something of Feb
Original build week 20
Confirmed build week 18 (w/c 29/4)
Shipped - circa 8/5 from Emden-Grimsby (held up for 3-4 days with Customs)
Delivery to the dealer - end of last week/weekend just gone
Dealership confirmed delivery 20/5
Collection day - 24/5
Dealer - Audi Ridgeway

Ordered - 2TDI Sportback S-line (reasonably specced)

Hope this info helps.

Much appreciated thanks, enjoy your new motor :)

SJW, I'll look out for you in Newbury, what colour is your new car? Anyway do you mean 3 sleepless night? Lol
ENJOY.

SJW, I'll look out for you in Newbury, what colour is your new car? Anyway do you mean 3 sleepless night? Lol
ENJOY.

Haha A3SportbackMark - I was going to see if you could collect it for me but my diary seemed clear all of a sudden on friday so I thought I would not have to call upon your services.

I do not live in Berkshire which would have been alot easier for me if I did. I should have asked a client who lives in Bracknell if he could put me up over night but I thought that would be a bit cheeky.

I used a broker and his relationship is with Audi Ridgeway, so hence my little jaunt over to your neck of the woods. If you do see me it will be a very fleeting glimpse.

I can hang around if you would like to look over the car? Looks like you will not have much longer to wait for your car...

Haha A3SportbackMark - I was going to see if you could collect it for me but my diary seemed clear all of a sudden on friday so I thought I would not have to call upon your services.

I do not live in Berkshire which would have been alot easier for me if I did. I should have asked a client who lives in Bracknell if he could put me up over night but I thought that would be a bit cheeky.

I used a broker and his relationship is with Audi Ridgeway, so hence my little jaunt over to your neck of the woods. If you do see me it will be a very fleeting glimpse.

I can hang around if you would like to look over the car? Looks like you will not have much longer to wait for your car...
SJW, hahahaha, blow your diary!!! Unfortuantly I am busy on friday, otherwise I would have liked to pickup.......errr I mean look over your car. Enjoy.

@ SuffolkAudiMan - haha. Yep. I think you made reference in another thread that you are dealing with Audi Colchester. I thought I could pop in there for you.

My folks live in Halstead and go shopping in Sudbury. Small world. I live just north west of Colchester and travel by train from Colchester. Probably seen you before but obviously wouldnt know it was you.

Now you will know it is me if I park at Colchester. May use Marks Tey instead as I find the parking fairs slightly better given that station is not on the main line. Less busy. At least the car will have a better chance of survival given that my last car got marked up at Colchester station. Only downside is trains are less frequent from Marks Tey.

I must admit, I park in the housing estate next to the station, a few little places that do not upset the locals and a hell of a lot cheaper! Well I'm looking forward to seeing yours around, I've seen a couple of white ones in and around Colchester and I'm jealous every time...hurry up car grrr, fed up with driving around in a little red Seat Ibiza

Only 2 sleeps now :yes:. I feel like I have had mine forever but it's only 3 weeks since I was on countdown. Have fun Friday, I am sure you will. Can't wait to see the pictures

I must admit, I park in the housing estate next to the station, a few little places that do not upset the locals and a hell of a lot cheaper! Well I'm looking forward to seeing yours around, I've seen a couple of white ones in and around Colchester and I'm jealous every time...hurry up car grrr, fed up with driving around in a little red Seat Ibiza

I know where you mean but I have not tried parking there for fear of reprisals of upsetting the natives. lol. Definitely alot cheaper than the station carpark and possibly safer given how easy cars get marked up in train station car parks. Will you be inclined to park the sportback in the same place as where you have been parking?

I am sure you are going to be very happy come July. Quite a change from an Ibiza to A3.

If you do see me, wave me over.

Only 2 sleeps now :yes:. I feel like I have had mine forever but it's only 3 weeks since I was on countdown. Have fun Friday, I am sure you will. Can't wait to see the pictures

I remember the countdown for you Gweneira and how much I was looking forward to your photos given the same colour choice/spec with the exception of me going for the 2TDI.

Enjoying your car? Last three weeks been great?

I reckon I will be able to put some photos up on saturday. Have a funny feeling I may be joint at the hip with the car for friday. lol

Bet you cant wait eh mate? Enjoy!

Thanks.
I'm chomping at the bit. :jump:

Should be getting some work done now to tie in with business I wrote at the end of last week to ensure I receive my fee but I find myself and my thoughts wandering to this site and tomorrow. lol

Very envious!...expecting mine 2 weeks today.....tomorrow being 1 week and 6 days sounds so much sooner...and next week I can say the motors due next week!...fast forward to the 6th June please!?

Very envious!...expecting mine 2 weeks today.....tomorrow being 1 week and 6 days sounds so much sooner...and next week I can say the motors due next week!...fast forward to the 6th June please!?
Hey, you are not the only envious one! Mine not due until August. I'm actually driving past Newbury Audi tonight, maybe I should Have a quick peek of things to come, but I expect it will be all tucked up and out of sight! Enjoy tomorrow.

The time should fly by for your Moonlight. This last week or two for me has gone pretty quick. I have been frustrated with the wait up until a couple of weeks ago and since then I have been laid back about it. The wife has gone from not being interested at all for the last 2-3 months and is now on edge. lol.

A3SportbackMark - please nip in there for me and do the once over. I had a dream about swirls on the front passenger door last night, brought me out in the cold sweats. Haha. Are you going to take immediate collection in August or holding out till September for the new reg?

The time should fly by for your Moonlight. This last week or two for me has gone pretty quick. I have been frustrated with the wait up until a couple of weeks ago and since then I have been laid back about it. The wife has gone from not being interested at all for the last 2-3 months and is now on edge. lol.

A3SportbackMark - please nip in there for me and do the once over. I had a dream about swirls on the front passenger door last night, brought me out in the cold sweats. Haha. Are you going to take immediate collection in August or holding out till September for the new reg?
im going to wait for 63 plate. Yep I can check for the lack of swirls....

Enjoying your car? Last three weeks been great?

the last 3 weeks have been amazing. I am loving my new car and since I have managed to clock up over 2k on her already I do think I am joined at the hip with my car permanently. I drove from Cheshire to Chichester on Tues and back home again last night and for the first time on that journey I didn't have any aches. The sport suspension is lovely, not bumpy and corners well. My 1.6 is much better than I expected and although dropping power I am not missing it, though your 2TDI should be great fun. Enjoy, tit is definitely worth the wait and not long to go now :)

I am pleased to hear that Gwen. I think I will be exactly the same as yourself and other new owners. :rock:

A3Mark - defo to waiting on the 63 plate.

Thanks to Viperfire for a definitive pre-collecton checklist. I do recommend you get hold of it from him if you are a bit rusty like I am. I have been very fortunate to have brand new cars in the time of my driving and the last car I nursed for 11 years. This one is long overdue.

My last thought - I have only owned cars which required petrol in 21 years of driving (you can do the maths on my age), I must remember when I fill up for the first time with this new one it has to be diesel!!!!!! :asskicking:

Almost there SWJ, 1 more sleep! I was passing Newbury audi this evening and popped in. Saw some 13 reg audis and wondered if any were yours. Saw a great looking white one, peeked through the window and it had protective covers, it looked amazing.
have a great day tomorrow.

0 sleeps and an hour to go :) I think I am feeling your excitement SJW.

Reactions: SJW
Wahoo...looking forward to seeing your pictures SJW or even in the flesh! The only 13 Audi I have seen in the Colchester Car Park is a dark blue S4 so yours will stick out!

Right - chose to set off now as it is absolutely horrible weather out there. Hopefully it is not raining in Berkshire when I arrive.

Reactions: Gweneira and Sandra
Lol, cant wait to see the pictures, the past three days have dragged in, but alas, they have passed. Have fun and enjoy the new car. :) x

Reactions: Gweneira
Hope he is enjoying the new car and finding a nice location for the pics we all waiting for. :) x

Hello Everybody,

Right - where to start...boy has the weather been a b-tch today all day. Has not stopped raining and everywhere I have been it has been cats and dogs. I would not wish anybody in here to take collection when the weather has been like today.

Having taken nearly 3 hours to get to Newbury (Berks) from Essex taking 2 mainline trains and a tube - the dealer picked me up from the train station and took me back to get the car. Introducing me to the coffee machine I went and got myself wired for the love affair that was to take over between myself and machine.

First things first - (still grinning) the car is a beaut! When people say they cannot stop grinning I know exactly what they mean.

Some of you are aware that my one issue that I had was the colour that had been chosen. I had dithered over the colour choice for sometime and my wife had pretty much kicked most of my choices into touch. One criteria was that the car could not be dark or red. Daytona and Misano straight out of the window for me. Such a shame :-(. Amalfi was chosen (not by me) and I went with it. I can confirm the doubters, Amalfi white is certainly in the mix. With the s-line trim and the privacy glass it gets noticed!!! Looks fantastic. Definitely know Glacier has been coming out on top but for those of you considering Amalfi, it is certainly better in the flesh than looking at photos or colour charts.

On the road against other cars today in terrible wet driving conditions with dark gray clouds overhead, that colour really stood out as a beacon of light. I thought it would look too creamy but I was mistaken. Today's weather gave me the perfect opportunity to fire up the xenon headlights with the LEDs. My wife still likens the LEDs to the eyebrows of those Angry Birds. lol.

I was like a kid in a candy store today when checking the car over. BIG GRIN on my face the whole time from getting there to seeing it for the first time and the journey back home. Even now when I am typing this.

The car had 10.2 miles on the clock when I checked it outside the dealership. Blue cable connector work perfectly with my IPhone 4, my wife's Iphone 4S and our Itouch 2nd generations. Blue toothing data from the phones into the system to use hands free works perfectly. SD Sat Nav works perfectly well. Still need to play about with all this.

My journey home was not the easiest considering I hit every conceiveable traffic jam possible and being re-routed straight into more lengthy queues, I still managed to achieve 44 mpg and I never really got the chance to motor for very long before joining another queue.

I have been use to having a traditional handbrake for 21 years. The electro mechanical brake was something I thought I would be concerned with but overall it was easy to adjust to.

PS: I chose the non-smoking pack. When I spoke with the dealer first thing this morning I said I would be most grateful if he could source the chrome ashtray for me. When I sat in the car for the first time guess what was reflecting my grin back at me!!!!

I would like to say thank you again to Viperfire for a great checklist he provided and to all of you who took delivery before me and compiled a snagging list. That was such a help and I hope others benefit in the same way as I have done.

I will get some photos taken and posted when it stops raining (if it stops) lol.

Reactions: markwiggy, viperfire, Daveotto and 2 others
It Sounds like you have had a day you won't forget it a hurry. Congratulations on your new car, I can't wait to see the photo's.

I enjoyed your write up of your collection day experience SJW - really whets the appetite for collecting a new S3 in (many?) months time if they ever open the order books!
Now looking forward to few your photos.

What a fantastic write up. From the minute you started your journey on the train, to getting picked up and taken to the dealers, to seeing the car for the first time. Im sorry the weather was so bad for you, but it couldnt stop you grinning. The car sounds amazing and its good you liked your colour choice. We are all looking forward to seeing pictures of your lovely car. Hope your weather is better today or we will have to settle for the beading shots. Enjoy your car. :) x

Great report.....14 weeks still to go for me, which is under 100 days, 99 to be precise.
May is ok as nearly over, June I have a new kitchen being fitted, a couple of cricket matches to watch an R8 track day and daughter back from uni to keep me occupied. August is fine as 3 weeks holiday..... But what the hell am I going to do in July? Anyone got any ideas on how to make July got as quick as possible

Reactions: SJW and Sandra
​July is for the gardening and the bbq's. We will need a countdown thread for you as well. :) x

Great write up SJW, and you have the A3 8V grin. I too was concerned about Amalfi, I had seen one but then worried that the one I had seen was Glacier as the pics etc do make it look very cream. I have had loads of compliments about it too. Oh and my car must be fab, my son has decided he wants to clean it !! Result :)

Reactions: SJW and Sandra