New member with A3 SB on the way - some questions

ryanb741

Reaction score
Greetings all. First post on these forums. Having lived in London for the past 17 years I haven't bothered with a car all that time, however with Mrs Ryanb741 now 5 months pregnant needs must, and having compared the new Golf, BMW 1 Series and new Merc A class the Audi A3 SB was a no brainer and I ordered one on Saturday. Very excited!

Went for the following spec;

Sport Version
1.4 TFSI S-Tronic
Phantom Black
Comfort Package (with cruise control and rear parking sensors)
Sunroof
SD card sat nav
B&O Speakers
Type pressure monitor
No smoking pack
Internal lighting set
Advanced Key

Anyway I'm not sure if there was anything glaring option-wise that I have missed out or that I have that is unnecessary? I suppose the one thing that's bothering me is that I didn't order the full technology pack but the dealer told me not to bother as the upgrade over the standard SD card system wasn't worth it and that the money would be far better ploughed into the pano sunroof.

Anyway looking forward to spending some time on the forums, I have lots to learn!

Keep the smoking pack - all they do is pull the removable astray out. You can always remove it yourself and sell it on ebay or keep it as a coin holder. The also remove the cigarette lighters and replace with covers.

Looks good! Personally I've gone for deselecting sport suspension on mine, but I haven't got it yet so can't report whether that's the right decision. There's probably no wrong answer - people on here seem happy whichever suspension they've gone for.

The only other thing I debated on mine was the storage and luggage compartment pack. Most of the demonstrators have it, as a lot of them have leather or are S-Lines. The thing I only found out recently is that it gets you that cubby on the left of the boot. Without the pack, there's just a closed-off panel there. You also get a second boot light, and the think the boot lights might be LED rather than bulbs.

Personally I decided against it in the end, as I really didn't want the nets on the back of the front seats, or the net in the passenger footwell. But I would have paid something for that cubby on the left and the second boot light if I could have got it without the other nets.

I've also ordered the reversible boot mat. Reviews seem a bit mixed about it on here, so I'm waiting to see whether that was the right call when mine turns up. I get the impression it costs quite a bit more if you order it as an accessory later on though.

Hello and welcome to the forum Ryan,

You might want to consider Hill Hold assist and the wing mirror option.

My wife is 6 months pregnant so in a similar situation to yourself and I also spent much time in London.

You might want to look at the Through Load for the rear seats.

Oh - and I've put roof rails on mine. But that's mostly just because I like the look of them, and completely personal taste. My wife doesn't see the point, and thinks I'm mad to have spent money on them...

One more thing. I've ordered Xenons with mine. They're expensive, but they do include the interior light pack, and the comfort pack is cheaper with them (as they include rain sensor or something anyway). So it might not cost as much to add them as it looks at first glance.

Thanks all

Added the Xenons as it came to £600 ish extra due to already having some of the other kit. Reckon it will help residuals so why not. This will be my first ever car (at age 35 lol) so why not? :)

Thanks all

Added the Xenons as it came to £600 ish extra due to already having some of the other kit. Reckon it will help residuals so why not. This will be my first ever car (at age 35 lol) so why not? :)
Nice one. That Xenon option also steers the beam around corners (which you have to add as an option to the S-Line's standard Xenons if you want it) - they're meant to be really good. Everyone I know who's had them says they'd never go back to not having them.

Can't wait for mine, and yours looks even better (I'm not getting B&O, Advanced Key or Sunroof with mine)!

Greetings all. First post on these forums. Having lived in London for the past 17 years I haven't bothered with a car all that time, however with Mrs Ryanb741 now 5 months pregnant needs must, and having compared the new Golf, BMW 1 Series and new Merc A class the Audi A3 SB was a no brainer and I ordered one on Saturday. Very excited!

Went for the following spec;

Sport Version
1.4 TFSI S-Tronic
Phantom Black
Comfort Package (with cruise control and rear parking sensors)
Sunroof
SD card sat nav
B&O Speakers
Type pressure monitor
No smoking pack
Internal lighting set
Advanced Key

Anyway I'm not sure if there was anything glaring option-wise that I have missed out or that I have that is unnecessary? I suppose the one thing that's bothering me is that I didn't order the full technology pack but the dealer told me not to bother as the upgrade over the standard SD card system wasn't worth it and that the money would be far better ploughed into the pano sunroof.

Anyway looking forward to spending some time on the forums, I have lots to learn!

Hi,
Nice spec-----recommend hill hold assist best value toy on list and works brilliant.