Ordered my 8V :D

cemerson

Reaction score
Ordered it yesterday

Sport 2.0 TDI 150PS Sportback in Scuba Blue (Would have liked the 184PS but not waiting that long)

• Alcantara/Leather seats in black
  • Advanced key
  • Audi sound system
  • Comfort Package with Adaptive Cruise Control and Parking system plus with park assist
  • Deselect Sports Suspension
  • Door mirrors - auto-dimming on drivers' side, electric, folding, heated
  • Electric lumbar support
  • Heated front seats
  • Hold assist
  • Non-smoking package
  • Side assist & Lane Assist
  • Reversing camera
  • Storage & Luggage compartment package
  • Technology package with Audi connect
  • Tyre pressure warning light
  • Towing equipment
  • Variable headlight range control
  • Xenon light package

Quite a lot of options I know, but I want this to be a car I keep for quite a while so wanted to make sure it was reasonably future-proof!

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandra
Very nice spec. I'm guessing that must be a Sport trim.

Looks like a very well spec'd car. Whats your estimated delivery time? :) x

I haven't been given a build week yet (he apparently couldn't put it into Audi's system at the weekend... not sure how true this is) but should get one tomorrow. He's reasonably confident it'll be Aug/Sept, and I'm planning to pick up on 1st Sept if it is August.

Thats not too long to wait then. Time has been flying in this year. :) x

Yup, can't wait now! 3 months is going to be a looong time

Similar spec as mine. I have the audi phone box option which I was unsure just how good it would be as I am on the road a lot but I can safely say it was worth the extra. It's like having a phone mast strapped to my car.

I would have specced that but it's not compatible with Connect - I wonder if connect does the same thing through rSAP?

It may well do, I couldn't stretch for the full technology and connect but the phone box as a standalone feature is very useful and so simple it's a wonder it isn't more common.

Yeh - I looked at it, and assume it just has a signal amplifier of some sort in there. I've actually got a pdf of the Audi Connect brochure, might have another look through it and see if I can see anything about it

I'd have liked the USB socket in the armrest for charging though

It's nice not having to plug it into anything, just toss my phone into the arm rest and signal goes from 2 to 5 bars.... It's not going magically find signal out of nowhere but there are dead sports of the M25 that are a thing if the past now...

Oh, is the USB socket not standard? I assumed this was a default. Another plus point then...

Yeh, strange how you can't spec both at once - doesn't seem to be any reason for it

Are you sure you don't get the USB socket? What does the red / blue / black lead everyone's talking about plug into if it's not a USB socket?

That plugs into the Audi Music Interface, which is a custom plug of some sort I think.

Hi Cemerson,

Congrats on the new car, spec looks awsome. I ordered a 1.8 quattro sline in March and have just been given a build week of August 5th so expect delivery early to mid Sept apparently.

I am impressed that they have said August/September for you aswell. I would keep in mind this may well be pushed back when you get build dates as i was oringinally told June/July for delivery.

I will be interested to know how you get on.

P

Me too - though he showed me an order that was placed 2 weeks ago and has a build week of 24, so perhaps my dealer just predicted high sales and got lots of build slots - who knows!

That plugs into the Audi Music Interface, which is a custom plug of some sort I think.

Does that little plug charge the iPod then? If not, that's a bit pants - It'd mean you can't charge your phone and listen to music at the same time!

Yeh, though I don't have an iPod and will mainly be using SD card / HDD for music, it does suck that you can't do both at once I fitted my own phone charger to my current car - wonder if I should attempt the same here or not, would be a bit nervous about ripping everything apart! Maybe just have to make do with charging form the 12V socket instead.

I didn't really want the Audi phone box, as it's pretty expensive for what I would use it for. :-\

If someone could plug their iPhone into their media input using the iPod cable rather than the USB adapter, and let us know if it charges as well, that'd be ace.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still not good for me unfortunately. I want a separate USB socket in mine really :/

Can anyone who doesn't have the phone box option confirm whether there is a USB socket in the armrest next to the AMI or not for charging?

I don't have the phone box option, and can confirm that the only socket you get is the AMI one. You can however buy an adapter for this that accepts USB / Micro USB.

Do you charge your phone through this mjcourtney? Do you have an iPod lead that you plug in and can charge with at the same time?

I have an ipod touch (1st gen) plugged into the AMI socket (blue cable). It charges and plays at the same time. I have asked the dealer to supply a Micro USB lead for the AMI socket so that I can charge my phone, but I don't know whether this will play music from it too.

Ah brilliant! Thanks mate, that's fantastic. I was concerned about having to play or charge, but not both!

Build week has been brought forward by a whole week to 35 now... doesn't look good for a Sept 1st delivery though :(

My build week's 32, and I've been told it's not that likely that I'll get my car for September 1st. :(

I thought 32 would be about the threshold for it, given I was told a likely collection would be Sept 23rd, Sept 1st is 3 weeks and a day before that so 3 build weeks before mine (if they managed to squeeze an extra day out of the build -> delivery time). Possibly a lot busier with PDIs around then though which could affect that time.

Following on from all the conversation about USB - does anyone know how easy it would be to take apart the central console around the front armrest? I'm thinking of fitting usb sockets into that space myself if there isn't one in there (and I don't think there will be without the phone box option), and it seems like it would be easy to do given that the power socket for the rear sets is right in that area as well, providing an easy power source to hook into

Following on from all the conversation about USB - does anyone know how easy it would be to take apart the central console around the front armrest? I'm thinking of fitting usb sockets into that space myself if there isn't one in there (and I don't think there will be without the phone box option), and it seems like it would be easy to do given that the power socket for the rear sets is right in that area as well, providing an easy power source to hook into

Personally I wouldn't bother. You'll forever curse the squeaks and rattles you'll introduce as a result.

Couldn't you just use the USB on the AMI instead?

Does that little plug charge the iPod then? If not, that's a bit pants - It'd mean you can't charge your phone and listen to music at the same time!

The AMI will charge your iPod.

You could have iPod charging, iPhone connected over Bluetooth for calls and Spotify and then SD card for your albums. Plenty of choice!

Personally I wouldn't bother. You'll forever curse the squeaks and rattles you'll introduce as a result.

Couldn't you just use the USB on the AMI instead?

Not if I want to charge my phone and use the AMI for something else at the same time... I've ordered the workshop manual from ebay to see how easy it would be if I wanted to do it. I installed a charger into my current car without issues.

Bulid week 33 now, estimated 9th Sept... getting ever closer to the all important 1st Sept!