Hello Everyone

garethpauljones

Reaction score
As a new member I wanted to say hi as I have been reading this forum for the last couple of days and have found it very useful! I'm currently an A1 driver and was looking to upgrade to the A1 SB, but in the end settled on an A3 SB which I purchased this week! I was going to spec out a sport model but the dealer found a new S line model in their system. It's got quite a few extras on it, some of which I wouldn't have normally specced, but I went ahead and bought it.

I have gone for an S Line SB 2.0 TDI in Daytona Grey with Fine Nappa Leather, Extended Interior Finish, Comfort Pack, f/h Door Mirrors, Black Roof Rails, Tyre Pressure Sensor, Electric & Heated Seat with Lumbar Support, Technology Pack.

I would have preferred a better audio system over leather seats but coming from an A1 with standard audio, the way I see it, at least I am not downgrading the sound! It doesn't have DAB - does anyone know if this can be retrofitted by the dealer?

My current car is Daytona Grey so it would have been nice to have got a different colour, but to be honest you can't know the Daytona - the awesome colour that it is! Would have specced glacier white! :)

I should be collecting my car early next week but I'll be out of the country Mon-Weds so I'll probably go and collect it Thursday/Friday ready for the bank holiday weekend :)

Hi Gareth, welcome to audi-sport.net. Glad you have enjoyed browsing the forum. Please post a pic of the new car when you collect it. Enjoy the forum. :) x

Welcome to the forum and the A3 club :)

Not sure if DAB could be retrofitted or not but all it really offers is a greater variety of stations. The quality isn't really any different from a decent FM signal in my experience.