Monster MotorsportVolks Autos
    Neutral

Status

Missing Trunk led light ( 8V Sportback with light package)

I've noticed that only the right led light works in my trunk!
    Messing around with the left one I've discovered that the socket is empty

Do both led lights work on your sportback ?

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    Both light up in mine.
    2013 A3 Sportback 2.0TDi 150 S-Line - Daytona Grey, B&O, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, SD Nav, Hill Hold Assist.
    2010 A4 2.0TDi 170 S Line | 2008 Golf GT Sport 140 | 2008 S3 | 2005 A3 2.0TDi 140 S Line | 2003 TT 225 | 1998 A4 2.8 Quattro

5th Gear

Status
    Two lights in mine also. Sounds like you might need a trip back to the dealer.
    2013 8V Glacier White A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI S-line Mnaual
    SE Suspension, Tech Pack, B&O, Comfort Pack, Electric folding mirrors, Park Assist, TPMS, Interior Light Pack

AJB
    1st Gear

Status
    I think the left hand one comes with the storage and luggage compartment pack. I noticed one at my dealer with no light on the left, so looked into it. The latest brochure says "extra LED lighting" or something to that effect for the storage pack. The printed brochure I've got doesn't mention it. It made me wonder about adding the pack to my order, but I personally don't particularly want nets on the seat backs or in the passenger footwell, so I think I've decided against it. Tough call though, especially as the extra recess on the left of the boot looks like useful space too.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by AJB View Post
    I think the left hand one comes with the storage and luggage compartment pack.
    This must come standard with S-Line or some other option I selected then as I definitely didn't tick that box!

I do also have the nets on seat backs and passenger footwell though, so it makes sense.
    2013 A3 Sportback 2.0TDi 150 S-Line - Daytona Grey, B&O, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, SD Nav, Hill Hold Assist.
    2010 A4 2.0TDi 170 S Line | 2008 Golf GT Sport 140 | 2008 S3 | 2005 A3 2.0TDi 140 S Line | 2003 TT 225 | 1998 A4 2.8 Quattro

AJB
    1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by hittchy View Post
    This must come standard with S-Line or some other option I selected then as I definitely didn't tick that box!

I do also have the nets on seat backs and passenger footwell though, so it makes sense.
    Yes, I think the S-Line comes with the luggage pack as standard. I've ordered a Sport (which doesn't) hence having to think about it! And I'm still not 100% sure that I don't want to add it to my order...

Neutral

Status
    Hmmm ... I don't have the storage package since I don't like the nets as well ...
    Makes sense on sline since it has leather/fabric seats . the storage package is mandatory on all leather seats.

Well , you pay for "lights package" and you get leds even below the seats and your doors but apparently the left trunk light is a storage accessory .... One thing I hate in audi is their equipment/package policy . It totally sucks !

AJB
    1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by drtav13 View Post
    Well , you pay for "lights package" and you get leds even below the seats and your doors but apparently the left trunk light is a storage accessory .... One thing I hate in audi is their equipment/package policy . It totally sucks !
    You probably know this already, but those plastic bits in the boot with the light or lights in are there to hold up the boot floor to give you easy access to the spare wheel (when it has started in its high setting).

So it's more that one of the boot floor holders has a light in it, rather than one of the boot lights is a dummy.

That way I feel less bad about the fact that I'm only getting one light when mine comes!

Neutral

Status
    thanks, that's a major relief!!! i'll keep it in mind for the couple of times that I will use it in the car's lifetime
    Quote Originally Posted by AJB View Post
    You probably know this already, but those plastic bits in the boot with the light or lights in are there to hold up the boot floor to give you easy access to the spare wheel (when it has started in its high setting).

So it's more that one of the boot floor holders has a light in it, rather than one of the boot lights is a dummy.

That way I feel less bad about the fact that I'm only getting one light when mine comes!