Missing Trunk led light ( 8V Sportback with light package)

drtav13

Reaction score
I've noticed that only the right led light works in my trunk!
Messing around with the left one I've discovered that the socket is empty

Do both led lights work on your sportback ?

I think the left hand one comes with the storage and luggage compartment pack. I noticed one at my dealer with no light on the left, so looked into it. The latest brochure says "extra LED lighting" or something to that effect for the storage pack. The printed brochure I've got doesn't mention it. It made me wonder about adding the pack to my order, but I personally don't particularly want nets on the seat backs or in the passenger footwell, so I think I've decided against it. Tough call though, especially as the extra recess on the left of the boot looks like useful space too.

I think the left hand one comes with the storage and luggage compartment pack.

This must come standard with S-Line or some other option I selected then as I definitely didn't tick that box!

I do also have the nets on seat backs and passenger footwell though, so it makes sense.

This must come standard with S-Line or some other option I selected then as I definitely didn't tick that box!

I do also have the nets on seat backs and passenger footwell though, so it makes sense.

Yes, I think the S-Line comes with the luggage pack as standard. I've ordered a Sport (which doesn't) hence having to think about it! And I'm still not 100% sure that I don't want to add it to my order...

Hmmm ... I don't have the storage package since I don't like the nets as well ...
Makes sense on sline since it has leather/fabric seats . the storage package is mandatory on all leather seats.

Well , you pay for "lights package" and you get leds even below the seats and your doors but apparently the left trunk light is a storage accessory .... One thing I hate in audi is their equipment/package policy . It totally sucks !

Well , you pay for "lights package" and you get leds even below the seats and your doors but apparently the left trunk light is a storage accessory .... One thing I hate in audi is their equipment/package policy . It totally sucks !
You probably know this already, but those plastic bits in the boot with the light or lights in are there to hold up the boot floor to give you easy access to the spare wheel (when it has started in its high setting).

So it's more that one of the boot floor holders has a light in it, rather than one of the boot lights is a dummy.

That way I feel less bad about the fact that I'm only getting one light when mine comes!

thanks, that's a major relief!!! i'll keep it in mind for the couple of times that I will use it in the car's lifetime :) :) :) :) :)
You probably know this already, but those plastic bits in the boot with the light or lights in are there to hold up the boot floor to give you easy access to the spare wheel (when it has started in its high setting).

So it's more that one of the boot floor holders has a light in it, rather than one of the boot lights is a dummy.

That way I feel less bad about the fact that I'm only getting one light when mine comes!