Chris NottVolks Autos
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By AJB

Thread: MY14 Brochure now available online

1st Gear

Status

MY14 Brochure now available online

I've not seen this mentioned elsewhere (although I may have missed it), but just spotted the MY14 brochure is now on the Audi website: http://www.audi.co.uk/content/dam/au...A3_SB_MY14.pdf

At first glance there's a few new additions, all of which we knew were coming: DAB as standard, Audi Connect and Audi Magnetic Ride as options

Still no sign of the S3 though...

2. # ADS
    ADS

AJB
    1st Gear

Status
    Excellent-thanks for the heads up. I've been waiting for that, and it wasn't there earlier on today. Right, off to Audi's website!
    cemerson likes this.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazzz View Post

Still no sign of the S3 though...
    but 1.8TFSI Quattro is and in general DAB all round and surprisingly no rice hikes I could notice
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-line, - Daytona Grey, comfort pack, interior light pack , aluminium roof rails, Audi speakers, folding door mirrors, hill hold, sport suspension, no smoking pack.

5th Gear

Status
    £1900 for tech pack with Audi Connect....sheeeesh, some people must be really addicted to facebook and Twitter to justify that sort of cash.

Mind you, the tech pack at £1500 seems too much, and I've got it on mine! Certainly wouldn't spec it again at that price.
    2013 8V Glacier White A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI S-line Mnaual
    SE Suspension, Tech Pack, B&O, Comfort Pack, Electric folding mirrors, Park Assist, TPMS, Interior Light Pack

Zig
    Neutral

Status
    I notice that the manual 1.4 TFSI Sport and S-line fall into a £30 annual road tax category (after the first year) whereas the SE falls into the £105 road tax category, which I assume is due to the lack of Drive Select as standard on the SE.

6th Gear

Status
    Nice Would have liked a speed limiter to be added to the options list but doesn't look like it - it's on the new Golf and Octavia so the ACC system supports it. Shame. Ah well, will be ordering mine in the next few days hopefully!

1st Gear

Status
    Price fall if anything - no increase for DAB being included ( was £305)
    A3 1.4 Sport, S-tronic, Monsoon Grey, Comfort Pack, DAB radio, Interior lighting pack, Front Rubber Mats, Model / Engine badge deletion, Service

4th Gear

Status
    Great !

Updated brochure and no sign of the S3 (even though its been on the German site for a couple of months).

By the time the S3 hits the UK market, it will be ready for a facelift.
    2013 (63) Audi S5 coupe estoril blue black edition

2nd Gear

Status
    There are a few other new options:
    Alternative S line alloys (I think I prefer the standard 5 twin spoke)
    Super sports seats (£1590 - ouch!)
    Progressive steering

I'm going to get connect if I can. I'd already spec'ed an S line with the tech pack so it's only £300 more. Not bothered about twitter or facebook. Mainly want it for the online traffic. TMC is OK for motorways - not so good on minor A roads which I use a lot. Personally I could never justify £250 for roof rails or £290 for privacy glass, but that's the great thing about options.

6th Gear

Status
    Looks like Magnetic ride is also availble too now. I've been waiting for connect before I order too.

5th Gear

Status
    Looks like s-line suspension is available for the Sportback now too.
    SE Suspension, Tech Pack, B&O, Comfort Pack, Electric folding mirrors, Park Assist, TPMS, Interior Light Pack

4th Gear

Status
    Super sports seats @ £1590

WOW !

Who's ordering those then ?
    2013 (63) Audi S5 coupe estoril blue black edition

5th Gear

Status
    The seat padding must be made from scrumpled up £10 notes.....

6th Gear

Status
    They do come with leather by default though, and with the lumbar support added, so you can take away the cost of those options. Not that I'm going to get them - only available on S-line anyway!

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RossR View Post
    I could never justify £250 for roof rails.
    Well they look good, but did not tell the Mrs how much they were..... suppose its a car version of a handbag to go with the outfit
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-line, - Daytona Grey, comfort pack, interior light pack , aluminium roof rails, Audi speakers, folding door mirrors, hill hold, sport suspension, no smoking pack.

Slowly moving forward!

Status
    Hi guys, page 65; what do you reckon to the paint job on the wheels? Yes/no?
    2013 A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI S Line in Daytona Grey. Alloy roof bars, Fine nappa interior, heated seats, extended mono pur, tech pack, comfort pack, B&O, privacy glass, interior light pack, elec. folding mirrors, advanced key, DAB, sports suspension.

2nd Gear

Status
    Still no tdi Quattro either
    Work: A3 Sportback Black Edition 2.0TDI Home: A4 Avant 2.0 TDI Quattro S-Line

6th Gear

Status
    Still no LED headlight option I see.
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

1st Gear

Status
    S tronic now on 2.0 Tdi Sportback. (only 3 door before)
    A3 2.0 TDI Sportback Sport : Scuba Blue : Xenon Light Pack : Technology Pack : Audi Sound System : DAB : Hill Hold Assist : Comfort Pack....
    and Sport Suspension

AJB
    1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Zig View Post
    I notice that the manual 1.4 TFSI Sport and S-line fall into a £30 annual road tax category (after the first year) whereas the SE falls into the £105 road tax category, which I assume is due to the lack of Drive Select as standard on the SE.
    I wonder if that's a typo. I think they may have just copied the 3 door figures by mistake for Sport and S-Line, but not for SE. The technical details table near the back doesn't have different figures for the different trim levels...

Reverse Gear

Status
    What about the new 140PS Sportback with COD, that wasn't in the earlier brochures and the S Tronic version still isn't on the website?
    Got to be better than the current 122PS. Better MPG and lower CO2 as well.

Neutral

Status
    And 1sec off the 0-60

2nd Gear

Status
    Good point aupperton. 1.4 TFSI COD is new.

Also manual gearboxes are also available on more SB models that were previously s-tronic only.

I just ordered a 1.8 TFSI but wondering if 1.4 COD would have been better as it now available. Power is lower but torque is similar.

At least both are in really low VED bands.

...and for the Sheldon Coopers amongst you, the CO2 numbers in the technical data don't always match those in the price list....
    Enjoying my 8V

2nd Gear

Status
    The 1.4 TFSI COD sportback manual was in the previous brochure.

Reverse Gear

Status
    That's fair enough. I only had a paper copy of the Jan 2013 edition which didn't mention either of them and I don't recall what was in the electronic March edition.

However it was the 140PS S Line S-Tronic I was interested in and it's that model that is now listed in the Apr edition. Glad I didn't order the 122PS S-Tronic last week through my work scheme, I would have been gutted. However the new one isn't available yet. According to my friendly lease advisor, it should be there within 2 weeks!

2nd Gear

Status
    The configurator has been updated too now. Most of the brochure changes seem to be there - except Audi Connect.

If you go into expert mode and select both "Technology Package"s it says you also need to select something called "Premium Phone system", but then won't let you select it.

6th Gear

Status
    The configurator always seems to have bugs and problems. Another thing I saw when at my dealer's yesterday using his system is that selecting Audi Connect then means you can't have Audi Phonebox.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cemerson View Post
    The configurator always seems to have bugs and problems. Another thing I saw when at my dealer's yesterday using his system is that selecting Audi Connect then means you can't have Audi Phonebox.
    Does that mean the order system now accepts Audi Connect? I've been trying to get it added to my order since the news item on the Audi UK website.

6th Gear

Status
    Yes, I went to my dealer yesterday - he knew to contact me as soon as it was available to order. I'm going again tomorrow to continue negotiating!

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi Guys. Firstly thanks for the advise and comments on these forums. Whilst not directly for me they have assisted me in my dialog with my Audi dealer.

I just wanted to return the favour and let you know that I have been able to get the cost of my DAB radio option removed from my order even though my car has already been built.

I ordered on 27th March (1.4 TFSI S-Line Sportback) and was given an original delivery estimate of late July. The dealership then contacted me to say that they had the same spec car available 4 weeks earlier but with an addition extra of the parking system plus so was able to move my order forward (I also got them to share the cost of that additional extra).

It went into production the week commencing 29th April and I am now just waiting for it to come into the UK. Based on the information on this thread that the DAB was now free I contacted my salesman and told him I expect the £305 I was due to pay for the extra to be removed. He originally came back and said that he couldn't do that as Audi would be charging the dealership for it for all cars before build week 22. I then suggested that instead they give the Sat Nav upgrade for £190 instead of £495 so I could recoup the cost. At that point he has come back and said that they have agreed with Audi that they will cover the cost of the DAB radio for me!

Just wanted to let others know in case they were in the same position that they could potentially do the same thing depending on how helpful their dealership and salesmen are.

Thanks again. I wish everyone luck with their cars. Can't wait for mine now!

Quote Originally Posted by jet_andy View Post
    S tronic now on 2.0 Tdi Sportback. (only 3 door before)
    The 2.0TDI Sportback with s-tronic has been available on three of the 2013 price lists.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3