Halogens vs Xenons (appearance)

K

Karl Alesbury

Hi!

I'm fully aware of the difference in performance of halogens vs Xenons.

However, what I can't acertain is whether halogen headlight units still have that upside-down L shape around the top-left corner for daytime use, or whether they look different.

Could anybody put a picture up of both so that I can see the difference?

Cheers!

Karl.

The 'eye brows' are only on the Xenons. Halogens just have standard low wattage bulbs for the Day Running Lights.

Ah great, thanks for that mjcourtney - That's another grand then :|

Sadly yes, I couldn't stomach the extra grand for the xenons, but in the end went for the s-line which had them as standard. Although it is £2k more expensive it will hold its value better and you get a lot of additional styling features.

Do the non s-line xenons have the LED DRL strips? Reading the brochure carefully the only mention of LED DRLs is on the s-line. I'd be surprised if that was the case though.

Do the non s-line xenons have the LED DRL strips? Reading the brochure carefully the only mention of LED DRLs is on the s-line. I'd be surprised if that was the case though.

Configurator says "Xenon Plus headlights with LED daytime running lights on s-line only" also only get rear LED's on s-line

You can get the led strip DRLs and rear led lights on both SE and Sport models if you add the Xenon Light Package (this is then identical to the S-line). This also gives you the interior light package and the auto wipers / lights.

You can get the led strip DRLs and rear led lights on both SE and Sport models if you add the Xenon Light Package (this is then identical to the S-line). This also gives you the interior light package and the auto wipers / lights.
The xenon light package on SE or sport also gets you adaptive xenons (as in they turn with the steering), which is an extra cost to add to the S-line's xenons.

Xenons everyday of the week, if you can afford & have the option, then tick the box, you wont be sorry.

Reactions: Arjuanamo