Engine and Quattro options

Saabman

Reaction score
Hello all,
it is time to say goodbye to my Saab 9-3 Aero and have short listed the new A3 as a replacement.... The thing is, I will miss the power if I opt for the 1.8T and the S3 will be too expensive for me to run. What I really want is the 211 bhp 2.0T Quattro from the old A3.. Does anyone know if Audi have any plans to put the 2.0 engine in the new A3 with four wheel drive?
David.

Yes they are plans for a 2.0t petrol engine I read online but not 211 bhp iirc ( think it was more bhp) , I'll see if I can find it again.....
Also if you came from a Saab aero turbo then the new a3 1.8tfsi will feel quick as its an Audi and saabs are Pish!!!! The Audi is lighter , better, sportier if you go s line variant.

Sean

Hello all,
it is time to say goodbye to my Saab 9-3 Aero and have short listed the new A3 as a replacement.... The thing is, I will miss the power if I opt for the 1.8T and the S3 will be too expensive for me to run. What I really want is the 211 bhp 2.0T Quattro from the old A3.. Does anyone know if Audi have any plans to put the 2.0 engine in the new A3 with four wheel drive?
David.

Hi David, welcome to audi-sport.net. Enjoy the forum. :) x

Audi A3 1.8 TFSI S line

Price £27,180; 0-62mph 7.3sec; Top speed 144mph; Economy 50.4mpg (combined); CO2 130g/km; Kerb weight 1280kg; Engine 4 cyls, turbocharged, petrol, 1798cc; Power 178bhp at 5100-6200rpm; Torque 184lb ft at 1250-5000rpm; .

just FYI ..... Your Saab had a 0-60 of 7.5 seconds if it was the 2005 2.0T petrol

Sean

Thanks Sean..... I've been a loyal Saab driver for 10 years now and I'll be a bit sad to see it go, but times change and I want a decent car. Mine has had the Hirsch treatment so still pushes out 230 bhp, but it is a heavy beast!
If you could dig out the article, that would be great. Many thanks. I've just read your thread from start to finish re your initial problems. May I say that I thought that you handled the situation admirably and I am pleased with the result for you.
best wishes,
David.

Reactions: s33nyboy12
Thanks David, I did have a hirsch performance Saab 9-3 tid 2006 150 bhp (202 bhp with hirsch chip) I had nothing but problems with it! I have been in a hirsch 2.0t aero convertible 9-3 and it felt quick and punchy and there was no lag in power I will give it that..... With a nice engine note too but they just weren't that quick coming from a line of hot hatches. I think you will be surprised with the 1.8 tfsi its a good engine , you could always get that remapped by revo or similar, I spoke to revo and they are saying bhp in region of 210bhp for 8v 1.8 tfsi a3 which is good for a light nimble car.

To stick with your Saab for ten years mate I bow down to you , you must of liked it and I'm sure you will like your new Audi as much if not more ! :) the new a3 is a great car.........I'm waiting to see what price the new s3 is I might HAVE to have one :-D

Sean