Mileage recorder display

Chris28

Reaction score
Hi all

I have today collected my New A3 (was sad to see the old one go) but will load pictures up soon. I have a question regarding the mileage recorder, is there anyway to keep this displayed on the instrument cluster or not? Although I like the date to be displayed I'd prefer the mileage if possible.

Thanks for your help and for anyone still waiting, its work the wait as I preordered in Sept 2012 :)

Chris

You mean the main odometer with the total mileage? Should be displayed permanently at the bottom left of the DIS.

Here's a shot of mine - the odometer and trip are at the bottom of the DIS, 202 and 194 respectively:

IMG_1881.jpg

Hi Vertigo1, yes but when I switch on the engine I have the digital speedo on and then under that I have date, and various fuel tank data (I assume) but wondered if the total mileage and current mileage until reset could be displayed all the time.

You mean the main odometer with the total mileage? Should be displayed permanently at the bottom left of the DIS.

Ah, not sure if it's available in all the different display modes. Some of the modes let you change some of the displayed info via the left scroll wheel on the steering wheel, could try that.

I've just had a quick play with it and it looks like your right, doesn't show on my current mode but if you press the 0.0 button it does show for a few seconds but doesn't seem to display all the time on my settings but at least there is a way. Thanks for your help.

Hi - yep it's because you have the digital speedometer on that you're not seeing the mileage displayed all the time. If you change the display to "On board computer" you will see both total and trip mileage all the time.

I really wish there was a way to display the time on the DIS when using the Digital Speedo screen. If you have the MMI screen down then you have no clock anywhere! You can scroll through on the DIS but for some reason it only displays the Date and Trip Computer funcions, all I want is a clock! lol