Help with options please

mohsin1315

Reaction score
Hi All,

New here but have been on the 8P forum for a few months now. I currently have an 8P S3 and after some deliberation have decided to opt into my company car scheme. The S3 is great but proving quite costly in repairs and maintenance (2007 car with 65k) as well as fuel. The security of a company car really appeals to me as does the financial benefit of running the car.

I have narrowed my choice down to an A3 S-Line 2.0 Tdi S-Tronic and want to spend no more than £1k on options. Having had a look through the configurator I think I would like:
- Comfort Pack - £650
- Audio Sound System - £255
- Nav - £495

I realise that's over budget and I think I could do without Nav (use google nav on my phone currently). Is there a must have extra that I am missing?

If I chose auto lights/wipers and rear parking sensors independently it'll cost around £500 I think. I won't use Cruise so is the comfort pack worth it in my case?

Thanks for any assistance
Mo

Hi All,

New here but have been on the 8P forum for a few months now. I currently have an 8P S3 and after some deliberation have decided to opt into my company car scheme. The S3 is great but proving quite costly in repairs and maintenance (2007 car with 65k) as well as fuel. The security of a company car really appeals to me as does the financial benefit of running the car.

I have narrowed my choice down to an A3 S-Line 2.0 Tdi S-Tronic and want to spend no more than £1k on options. Having had a look through the configurator I think I would like:
- Comfort Pack - £650
- Audio Sound System - £255
- Nav - £495

I realise that's over budget and I think I could do without Nav (use google nav on my phone currently). Is there a must have extra that I am missing?

If I chose auto lights/wipers and rear parking sensors independently it'll cost around £500 I think. I won't use Cruise so is the comfort pack worth it in my case?

Thanks for any assistance
Mo

I can't see the value in the sat nav if you have a smart phone as car is Bluetooth and mobile prepped. If you want to stay under budget add hill hold for £90 as by all accounts means never having to think about using the handbrake again (see separate thread),

Not sure about essential but for pure cool factor- interior light pack or folding door mirrors

If I had a grand to spend on options those are the exact ones I'd go for. Whether the nav is worth it is up to you. I know you can get free nav on most smartphones now but there's a lot to be said for having it integrated and "just there" all the time and I wouldn't have another car without it but that's my personal take. If you're not sure or it's too much of a stretch on the finances then bear in mind you can always add it later.

I was fortunate to have the sat nav included free with my Sportback, but if ordering again and I had to pay it'd be quite far down my list of priorities. I've used it once in 6 weeks. Everyone has different views and requirements but it really depends how often you'd use it I guess.

Personally, I'd spend the nav money to get B&O sound instead of the Audi sound system.

I agree with adding Hill Hold Assist - I would never of spec'ed it with my own money but I did spec it as I had a massive company car allowance. Having had it (for all of a week now!!), then I wouldn't want to be without it. It makes the car so easy to use. Switch it on once (day 1, when I got the car) and never have to touch the handbreak button again (proving you have you seat-belt on!).

The system automatically releases and applies the parking brake as required and remembers it's last setting (On!!)

Like others have said, if money is tight, I would bin the sat-nav - you have a smart phone and, should money ease a little, you can always add the SD based Nav at a later date....

Thanks very much for your input. I will probably get rid of Nav and add the hill hold assist for the small amount it costs. Folding mirrors was another one I considered so might stretch to that too

Thanks very much for your input. I will probably get rid of Nav and add the hill hold assist for the small amount it costs. Folding mirrors was another one I considered so might stretch to that too

Right I have a A3 2.0 S-line SB delivered in March. I have the tech pack as I think the SD based satnav screen resolution looks horrible. I also have the following options

Comfort pack
Tech pack
Bang & Olufsen
DAB

Out of those the most impressive options are the DAB and teh excellent Bang & Olufsen. I am into my music and have a very good Meridian setup at home, and I am really impressed with the B&O's. DAB as I like certain radio stations like Radio 5live which is either AM or DAB - no competition really.

Wish I got the hill assist though