Sportback with Sport suspension

Statiker

Reaction score
Based on the many reviews which recommended the standard suspension that is what I went for on my Sportback Sport. Happy with the ride and handling but the car does look a little "jacked up" compared to the lowered sport suspension. I was just wondering if anyone stuck with the sports suspension and how they find the ride. I did find the sports suspension on my previous 8P A3 a little harsh at times.

My SB with sport suspension is fine, very comfy without any jarring at all.

I'd have gone for the full S line suspension if it had been available at the time.
I tested an 8V A3 with the 25mm drop & it felt fine to me. - I've not driven the older 8P cars, so don't have anything to compare it to.

......... - I've not driven the older 8P cars, so don't have anything to compare it to.

+1

I've also not driven an 8P so have nothing to compare against but the ride is certainly a good balance of comfort vs. performance. My old BMW 1-Series M-Sport was much harsher.

I'd have gone for the full S line suspension if it had been available at the time.
I tested an 8V A3 with the 25mm drop & it felt fine to me. - I've not driven the older 8P cars, so don't have anything to compare it to.

Its all down to personal preference - I went for standard suspension not just because of the professional reviews and the short test drive i had in a 1.4 TFSI sport but because I actually like the look of the new SB standing up a bit and with the added roof rails it gives it a stronger more masculine (am i allowed to say that) presence on the road

Loving everything about my new SB and the sport suspension is perfect, not once have I or my wife felt any harshness or anything that would suggest we'd erred on our choice.

I'm equally torn as to Sport or SE suspension on my new S-Live SB. The professional reviewers all seem to say go for SE as our roads are so bad these days but I really want the -15mm S-Line. Anyone with further experiance?

I've driven both, I could feel every bump in the Sport but the SE was pretty comfortable. In the end I deselected the Sport and went with the SE. Our roads around here are pretty bad!

Isn't that the whole point of having a test drive - to find out? I was ordering a Sport and was given a Sport for about 4 hours on a Saturday to test drive. So took it along my normal commute route - bumpy country roads and all sorts, and was quite happy. This after having a soft Peugeot! So I stuck with the Sport suspension, took delivery last week and I'm very happy.

Last edited:
I kept the sport suspension on my SB and it is fab. I find the ride really comfortable and a lot better than my previous car with sport suspension. I did consider deselecting the sport suspension but decided against it as I didn't want to risk the car looking jacked up ( I have since seen pics on here and it doesn't detract from the car at all). I am pleased I stayed with the sport suspension now.

I have just taken delivery of a new SB SLINE and opted for the sports suspension having owned an 09 plate with SLINE suspension. Our biggest problem with the old car was the suspension which crashed over bumps and humps. The new car with sports sus is superb, still firm with enough feedback, but it does not crash about like the old car. Looks wise, our car looks superb, it sits fine and its lovely.

Blue, black, White, stiff or soft we all have the choice and I doubt anyone one here will regret or inform you they wished they opted for the other.

Picked the demo up today and have done 250 miles in it already. S-Line trim and the suspension feels smoother than my Civic EX I have now so having driven it down duel carriageways, A & B roads I think the sport option is staying.