Driver Assistance Pack
    Audi Sound System
    Hold Assist
    Advanced Key
    Folding/Dimming Mirrors
    Interior Light Pack
    Delete Sports Suspension
    Non-smoking Pack

Expected delivery is currently September, but I should get a better estimate next week.

Ross

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Nice spec & welcome to the club
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

Reverse Gear

Status
    welcome full extra good job

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RossR View Post
    I ordered my first Audi today:

A3 Sportback
    S-Line
    1.4 TFSI COD
    Daytona Grey

Technology Pack
    Comfort Pack
    Driver Assistance Pack
    Audi Sound System
    Hold Assist
    Advanced Key
    Folding/Dimming Mirrors
    Interior Light Pack
    Delete Sports Suspension
    Non-smoking Pack

Expected delivery is currently September, but I should get a better estimate next week.

Ross
    nice spec - im still undecided on sound system, standard, audi, or B&O..
    did you get a delivery date, on this spec?

3rd Gear

Status
    I ordered my first Audi today:

A3 Sportback
    S-Line
    1.4 TFSI COD
    Daytona Grey

Technology Pack
    Comfort Pack
    Driver Assistance Pack
    Audi Sound System
    Hold Assist
    Advanced Key
    Folding/Dimming Mirrors
    Interior Light Pack
    Delete Sports Suspension
    Non-smoking Pack

Ross
    Very nice spec. September may be a little optimistic judging by recent posts, but either way it'll be worth the wait.
    2013 A3 Sportback 2.0TDi 150 S-Line - Daytona Grey, B&O, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, SD Nav, Hill Hold Assist.
    2010 A4 2.0TDi 170 S Line | 2008 Golf GT Sport 140 | 2008 S3 | 2005 A3 2.0TDi 140 S Line | 2003 TT 225 | 1998 A4 2.8 Quattro

2nd Gear

Status
    Thanks guys,

No delivery date yet. I wouldn't mind if it was after September, but it'd be nice to know how long I'll be waiting.

The spec has changed slightly. Couldn't get comfort pack with driver's assist pack. Had to order the dimming rear view mirror and driver's assist pack which is the same bits, but slightly cheaper. I also added electric lumbar support and upgraded to tech pack plus with Audi connect.

Would have liked B&O, heated seats, panoramic roof and extended mono.pur but had set myself a budget and for me those options couldn't justify their cost as much as the ones I went for. Actually about the only option I didn't consider was the tow bar!

Reverse Gear

Status
    hopefully you'll hear soon, and so I can get a rough idea for when i order mine..

I am in the same boat, what I would like VS my budget, otherwise you can just keep going and going and end up with a 30k plus A3 haha! I have had to revise a few options too, B&O - hill hold assist - tyre pressure warning - panoramic roof

2nd Gear

Status
    I'm not impressed with my dealer. I made some changes to the spec and was supposed to be sent a revised order form to sign. A week passed so I e-mailed them. "I'll send it tomorow." Another week has passed and still nothing. This isn't the only such issue I've had. Communication has generally been poor.

So, I'm seriously considering telling them to forget it and going through orange wheels instead. I reckon I'd save at least £1000 (more if I can get my deposit back). I was originally willing to take a smaller discount for the convenience of a local dealer who would take my part ex. I now realise that orange wheels will take me part ex too. I know the the dealership they'd put me in touch with is probably about 200 miles away, but that would be a nice drive home. I also know it might mean waiting a bit longer, but my dealership seem to have exhausted there current allocation of build slots anyway.

Any thoughts? I'll be near the dealership this Saturday, so will probably pop in then.

Third Gear

Status
    I'm not impressed with my dealer. I made some changes to the spec and was supposed to be sent a revised order form to sign. A week passed so I e-mailed them. "I'll send it tomorow." Another week has passed and still nothing. This isn't the only such issue I've had. Communication has generally been poor.

So, I'm seriously considering telling them to forget it and going through orange wheels instead. I reckon I'd save at least £1000 (more if I can get my deposit back). I was originally willing to take a smaller discount for the convenience of a local dealer who would take my part ex. I now realise that orange wheels will take me part ex too. I know the the dealership they'd put me in touch with is probably about 200 miles away, but that would be a nice drive home. I also know it might mean waiting a bit longer, but my dealership seem to have exhausted there current allocation of build slots anyway.

Any thoughts? I'll be near the dealership this Saturday, so will probably pop in then.
    your order is still in the system regardless of you having signed an updated order. I changed my spec a few times and like yourself had not received a build slot and then out of the blue my car is built and has just left the factory. I would stick with it if I were you otherwise you've been waiting for nearly 2 months for nothing.

Mark
    07 S3 Sprint Blue Now Sold
    12 Range Rover Evoque Dynamic Now sold
    A3 20 TDI S-Line Sportback in Daytona Grey with Aluminium Roof Rails, Fine Nappa Leather, Sat Nav, Comfort pack,Audi Sound System, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Privacy Glass, Interior Light Pack, Non Smoke Pack.

2nd Gear

Status
    The order wasn't actually placed on the system until 8th May so it's only been a month. I'd be able to afford to add B&O, heated seats and extended mono.pur and still probably pay less.

2nd Gear

Status
    The spec is now:

A3 Sportback
    S-Line
    1.4 TFSI COD
    Daytona Grey

Technology Pack High with Audi Connect
    Driver Assistance Pack
    B&O Sound System
    Hold Assist
    Advanced Key
    Light and Rain Sensors with Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror
    Folding/Dimming Wing Mirrors
    Interior Lighting Pack
    Heated Seats
    Electric Lumbar Support
    Delete Sports Suspension
    Non-smoking Pack

Got a build week of 12th August (Week 33) so early September delivery. :D

2nd Gear

Status
    Build week is now W29. So I could probably have it early to mid August, but should I wait for the 63 plate?

4th Gear

Status
    Build week is now W29. So I could probably have it early to mid August, but should I wait for the 63 plate?
    good news about your build date. Now you have the agony of choice!

did you dealer volunteer the info of build date, or did you phone up? The only info I get is when I phone up.
    1st sept 2013 collection, proudly owning:
    A3 Sportback SE 1.6 TDI, scuba blue, folding mirrors, hill assist, SD sat nav, Xenon light package.

2nd Gear

Status
    Yeah, it's a difficult decision. Delaying by a couple of weeks seems easy now, but I know those last few days will really drag knowing I could have it already.

I contacted the dealer to arrange getting a detailer to prep the car, and he mentioned the build week change. He's supposed to be giving me monthly updates for now and more frequent as things start to happen. It's only been 11 days since we last spoke, so I'm not complaining.

6th Gear

Status
    Yeh, my dealer said he'd update me every 4 weeks, but given my experience with his communication skills so far I'm not holding my breath... I have to email and nag or I don't get anything, even when he has said he would send me things by a certain date before
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

2nd Gear

Status
    Well my dealer is getting better at communication. Unprompted he just e-mailed me to say my build week has come forward again to W28!
    Sandra likes this.

4th Gear

Status
    Well my dealer is getting better at communication. Unprompted he just e-mailed me to say my build week has come forward again to W28!
    In view of your desire to have a 63 plate, is this news a blessing or a curse? Lol.
    1st sept 2013 collection, proudly owning:
    A3 Sportback SE 1.6 TDI, scuba blue, folding mirrors, hill assist, SD sat nav, Xenon light package.