Drive Select Dynamic vs S-tronic Sport

constvoid

Reaction score
Hi,

Just in terms of the gearbox (ie ignoring Steering & Throttle response), is there any difference between Drive Select Dynamic mode and putting the gearbox manually into Sport by pulling the shift lever back? I think I remember from my test drive that DIS display of the current gear changed from D to S when it was in dynamic, but I'm still curious.

Not that I can see. Indeed you can have drive select in dynamic and knock the gearbox out of Sport with the lever.

Sorry to bump such an old thread, but was this ever confirmed?
Anyone know the difference between the 2?

You should try out pulling the lever into sport then dynamic, I feel a massive difference in doing that. - comfort/sport/dynamic.

Good thing is when I do that the car still pulls really well and feels very smooth with no harshness or firmness ( suspension still feels the same as in comfort mode) When I put it in dynamic only the car does'nt feel no where near as responsive or smooth and the ride goes all firm and crashy.

I wonder if anyone else has tried this?

Ive been testing this out today car feals more lively and more noise when cars in s. Think d is just drive. In m mode car doesnt feal as quick or noisy as in sport mode

Ah ok So I found this on another forum:

"Sport on the shift changes throttle response and gear changes (longer in a gear). ADS Dynamic mode does the same and adds steering response change." (Should also change suspension for magnetic ride)

So it's probably quicker for me to switch to Sport mode rather than Dynamic if I want instant beans lol

Reactions: tigger8888