Monster MotorsportSky Insurance
    Neutral

Status

A3 8V SD Nav SDXC Card Contents

could someone with SD Nav post the list of files contained in the SDXC Memory Card?

thanks!

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status
    there are over 2300 files on the card which would make a really long and boring post so i've have dumped it here....
    a3 sportback sd card - Pastebin.com
    out of idle curiosity, i copied the files onto a blank sd card (there is about 5gb of data on a 8gb card), just as a backup, but the satnav did not recognise it.

rich

Neutral

Status
    thank you very much for your time , i'm waiting for my 2013 maps to arrive at my dealership and i intend to do the same test . will let you know how it goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyEngineer View Post
    there are over 2300 files on the card which would make a really long and boring post so i've have dumped it here....
    a3 sportback sd card - Pastebin.com
    out of idle curiosity, i copied the files onto a blank sd card (there is about 5gb of data on a 8gb card), just as a backup, but the satnav did not recognise it.

rich

1st Gear

Status
    I have also tried to copy the card no joy, it would be handy to have a backup just in case

6th Gear

Status
    Have you checked that the new card is formatted with the same filesystem as the existing one?

1st Gear

Status
    FAT32......I also cloned the card using Acronis as I thought that might work! just gave me a message that said insert medium in sd slot

Neutral

Status
    still waiting for mine to arrive....

Quote Originally Posted by frazzeld View Post
    FAT32......I also cloned the card using Acronis as I thought that might work! just gave me a message that said insert medium in sd slot

1st Gear

Status
    Boot sector? Command lines? I'm sure Audi have hidden something up their sleeve so you cant easily copy it....
    Who said speed kills!?!?....But dangerous driving on the other hand....
    Ibis White S3 Sportback - ?bhp - ?lb/ft (Being Fixed)
    Mods: LED's Throughout, Milltek TBE, Revo S2+, Forge CAI (Gold), K&W V3's 25mm, H&R ARB's, Powerflex Bushes, Autotech HPFP, Sachs Clutch, Forge DV, Jonny's PCV Mod, Defi Boost Gauge, Pro Alloy Intercooler, 18" OZ Alleggerita's, NGK Iridium Spark Plugs, VI Performance Monitor, Road Angel Pro Connected
    Full OEM Springs and Shocks for sale from 2008 S3 CLICK ME

Neutral

Status
    Copy protection using DRM is part of the SD Card standard. It is highly likely that Audi will have protected their copyrighted material using this method.

Zig
    Neutral

Status
    Agreed the contents of the SD card will be protected.

Reverse Gear

Status
    i don't think the proper SD card DRM is used, if it were you would not be able to read the contents of the card using a regular sd card reader unless it had the other half of the key embedded in it.

what is more likely is that there is a key/license file on the card that matches the cards internal serial number and if they don't match the satnav wont work. now its bit more complicated than this because you cannot read the hidden serial number with a standard card reader, you can read the regular serial number but not the hidden one. anyway, once you've found a way to read this its used as a seed to generate the license/key which unlocks the maps. as it happens its a trivial task to read the hidden serial number however i'd still need to know how audi turn that number into a key.

it is possible to reverse engineer this but then you'd still need to have a dealer/vcds to active the satnav even if you had a genuine card and life's too short to go any further into this.

all i was trying to do was see if i could copy the maps onto a larger card and fill the remaining space with mp3s. i have 50gb of mp3s, 2 old 32gb cards and didn't want to have to buy a single 64gb card for them. experiment failed.

rich
    Last edited by GrumpyEngineer; 16th May 2013 at 13:17.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyEngineer View Post
    it is possible to reverse engineer this but then you'd still need to have a dealer/vcds to active the satnav even if you had a genuine card and life's too short to go any further into this.
    Yep, and if you did manage to activate it with VCDS and bypass the security, Audi would more than likely deactivate it again whenever your car was plugged in at the dealership. I suspect they'd take a dim view of it......
    2013 8V Glacier White A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI S-line Mnaual
    SE Suspension, Tech Pack, B&O, Comfort Pack, Electric folding mirrors, Park Assist, TPMS, Interior Light Pack

Reverse Gear

Status
    If someone is able to bybass Audi's DRM, I think best place to take a look is; gpsunderground.com/forum/audi