• 1 Post By Daveotto
  • 1 Post By Pganders
  • 1 Post By Nick1989
  • 1 Post By h5djr

Thread: Memory package

Reverse Gear

Status

Memory package

How come there is not an option for a memory package?

The BMW 1 series and the new A Class have it...

It seems as though Audi has neglected that part of the new A3.

No electric seats for the 3 door version and no memory option as well,

weird not to have both of those options in a premium car such as the A3.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Buy a 1 series or a class if it bothers you so much
    1.4 TFSI 122ps A3 SportBack. Comfort pack, Audi sound system, Daytona grey, SD Sat Nav, S line trim. Love it!

3rd Gear

Status
    I'd hazard a guess that they've analysed the take up of options on previous or other models in the range, and it's not economical to develop and offer it.

It's not something I've ever yearned for in a C segment hatch.
    2013 A3 Sportback 2.0TDi 150 S-Line - Daytona Grey, B&O, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, SD Nav, Hill Hold Assist.
    2010 A4 2.0TDi 170 S Line | 2008 Golf GT Sport 140 | 2008 S3 | 2005 A3 2.0TDi 140 S Line | 2003 TT 225 | 1998 A4 2.8 Quattro

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomrav View Post
    How come there is not an option for a memory package?

The BMW 1 series and the new A Class have it...

It seems as though Audi has neglected that part of the new A3.

No electric seats for the 3 door version and no memory option as well,

weird not to have both of those options in a premium car such as the A3.
    I have heard that allegedly Audi analysed the average IQ of Audi owners compared to those of BMW and Merc owners and determined that a meomry package was not required to booster baseline IQ for your average Auid owner
    @udi A3 likes this.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-line, - Daytona Grey, comfort pack, interior light pack , aluminium roof rails, Audi speakers, folding door mirrors, hill hold, sport suspension, no smoking pack.

Zig
    Neutral

Status
    I have a Land Rover Discovery on which the seat adjusts to the seat memory setting associated with the key that open the vehicle. So you can have his and her keys. Sounds a great feature but as I am the only one who drives the vehicle it is not really of great benefit. Ok when I get the vehicle serviced I can press a button and the seat is returned to the preferred position. My wife's car which I drive a couple of times a week has manual seats but I have no difficult adjusting the seats. So my view is unless the vehicle is being shared it is not even worth considering and even then manual seats are not usually that difficult to adjust anyway.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Zig View Post
    even then manual seats are not usually that difficult to adjust anyway.
    Unless its a BMW! I had a 3 series and the manual seats were a real pain to adjust, using a series of levers. Even the motoring journalists highlight it as a shortcoming. Maybe that's why BMW offer memory seats becuase their manual version is c**p!
    hittchy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hittchy View Post
    I'd hazard a guess that they've analysed the take up of options on previous or other models in the range, and it's not economical to develop and offer it.

It's not something I've ever yearned for in a C segment hatch.
    Audi do offer it as a £550 option for just the driver's seat, but only on the Sportback. You also have to include the Electric lumbar support whic is another £165.

Skoka offer Electrically adjustable front seats including auto dimming function on driver's door mirror with memory function as £700 option on the new Elegance version of the on the new Octavia

VW only offer the option on the SE and GT versions of the Golf VII in conjunction with leather sports seats for between £1830 and £2475 depending on the amount of adjustments available. Each one has three memories.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

Reverse Gear

Status
    How hard is it to manually operate a seat tho? Ok it's a show off piece but from the post above to get it it's nearly 700! Why not spend 50 more on B&O I did! Haha but seriously are all drivers getting that lazy?
    hittchy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick1989 View Post
    How hard is it to manually operate a seat tho? Ok it's a show off piece but from the post above to get it it's nearly 700! Why not spend 50 more on B&O I did! Haha but seriously are all drivers getting that lazy?
    Yes but it's an individual thing. I have electric driver's seat in my current A3 and find it so easy to make minor adjustments to get really comfortable. It changes depending on whether I'm wearing a jacket or just in my shirt sleeves. Personally I would not be interested in paying more for anything to do with the radio or music because I never play anything when I'm driving.
    Fanoe likes this.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

Reverse Gear

Status
    That is a fair point I guess, individual preferences... I guess this is why there is an options list