Memory package

Tomrav

Reaction score
How come there is not an option for a memory package?

The BMW 1 series and the new A Class have it...

It seems as though Audi has neglected that part of the new A3.

No electric seats for the 3 door version and no memory option as well,

weird not to have both of those options in a premium car such as the A3.

I'd hazard a guess that they've analysed the take up of options on previous or other models in the range, and it's not economical to develop and offer it.

It's not something I've ever yearned for in a C segment hatch.

How come there is not an option for a memory package?

The BMW 1 series and the new A Class have it...

It seems as though Audi has neglected that part of the new A3.

No electric seats for the 3 door version and no memory option as well,

weird not to have both of those options in a premium car such as the A3.

I have heard that allegedly Audi analysed the average IQ of Audi owners compared to those of BMW and Merc owners and determined that a meomry package was not required to booster baseline IQ for your average Auid owner

Reactions: steeve and @udi A3
I have a Land Rover Discovery on which the seat adjusts to the seat memory setting associated with the key that open the vehicle. So you can have his and her keys. Sounds a great feature but as I am the only one who drives the vehicle it is not really of great benefit. Ok when I get the vehicle serviced I can press a button and the seat is returned to the preferred position. My wife's car which I drive a couple of times a week has manual seats but I have no difficult adjusting the seats. So my view is unless the vehicle is being shared it is not even worth considering and even then manual seats are not usually that difficult to adjust anyway.

even then manual seats are not usually that difficult to adjust anyway.

Unless its a BMW! I had a 3 series and the manual seats were a real pain to adjust, using a series of levers. Even the motoring journalists highlight it as a shortcoming. Maybe that's why BMW offer memory seats becuase their manual version is c**p!

Reactions: hittchy
I'd hazard a guess that they've analysed the take up of options on previous or other models in the range, and it's not economical to develop and offer it.

It's not something I've ever yearned for in a C segment hatch.

Audi do offer it as a £550 option for just the driver's seat, but only on the Sportback. You also have to include the Electric lumbar support whic is another £165.

Skoka offer Electrically adjustable front seats including auto dimming function on driver's door mirror with memory function as £700 option on the new Elegance version of the on the new Octavia

VW only offer the option on the SE and GT versions of the Golf VII in conjunction with leather sports seats for between £1830 and £2475 depending on the amount of adjustments available. Each one has three memories.

How hard is it to manually operate a seat tho? Ok it's a show off piece but from the post above to get it it's nearly 700! Why not spend 50 more on B&O ;) I did! Haha but seriously are all drivers getting that lazy?

Reactions: Minion Bob! and hittchy
How hard is it to manually operate a seat tho? Ok it's a show off piece but from the post above to get it it's nearly 700! Why not spend 50 more on B&O ;) I did! Haha but seriously are all drivers getting that lazy?

Yes but it's an individual thing. I have electric driver's seat in my current A3 and find it so easy to make minor adjustments to get really comfortable. It changes depending on whether I'm wearing a jacket or just in my shirt sleeves. Personally I would not be interested in paying more for anything to do with the radio or music because I never play anything when I'm driving.

Reactions: Fanoe
That is a fair point I guess, individual preferences... I guess this is why there is an options list :p

Audi do offer it as a £550 option for just the driver's seat, but only on the Sportback. You also have to include the Electric lumbar support whic is another £165.
I have electric seats + lumber on my new A3 sportback order but never got offered memory option. If thats the case is it not possible to upgrade as an aftermarket option?

l had a memory function on my electric seats in my RCZ.....NEVER USED IT,l had electric seats in my ST3..........only used them once when l got the car and when vacuming the interior,l think they the are most expensive never used option you can get on a car,maybe thats why Audi dont offer them?

Ps they came standard on the above cars

Even it I used it or not, a car that cost 40-50K should have this as standard. I mean, they didn't even add homelink button options which is absurd for the type of driver or price of car. If a 30K Kia has this, I do expect this option on an Audi and actually do wish it was on the car every time I get the car washed or serviced as they tend to screw it up and does take quite a bit of readjustment to get it "just right."

It does seem odd that its not an option particularly since ive ordered all electric seats and advanced key. My feelings are more to do with "his n hers" use of car as its a regular adjust on other cars weve had, but I can only hope it may be acheivable via aftermarket and live with it for the present but I still have a four to five week wait for delivery:whistle2:

I'm the only one who drives my car, so no need for memory. But I can see if you let a bunch of others drive it, it might just be useful.

It remembers the A/C settings with different keys ......