MMI Cable and SD Cards

Dyewitness

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Got my new A3 on Friday, few photos in gallery.

How much am i looking at for a cable for connecting ipod up to it?

Secondly do all types of sd card work in the system?

Ally

Hi Folks,

Got my new A3 on Friday, few photos in gallery.

How much am i looking at for a cable for connecting ipod up to it?

Secondly do all types of sd card work in the system?

Ally

Hi Ally,

You should have had an iPod and USB cable supplied with the car. Give the dealer a call tomorrow. There are a few theads on here though about compatibility of different cables with different iPods. There's one with a blue collar and another with a red collar.

Have a look here for more details: http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/new-a3...-list-what-do-we-know-so-far.html#post1835748

Most SD, SDHC and SDXC cards work fine. I have a Sandisk 64Gb which works fine but haven't encountered problems with any brand.
SanDisk Ultra 64GB SDXC UHS-I Class 10 Card - Frustration Free Packaging: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Thanks Hittchy,

So far have not found any cables in car, will call dealers in morning and see what they say.

Ally

Spoke to dealer and they confirmed they didn't put them in car in error so posted out to me today.

SD cards ordered.

Thank you for your help!

My car was delivered without any iPod cables. It was supplied by a dealer in the south but I live in the Midlands so I went to local Audi dealer to get the cable and I was quoted by the young lad £52 + vat. He also informed me that they are supplied by Audi to the dealer free of charge, so I thought it was bit of cheek them trying to charge £52+ pounds. They said they do give them away free to a car purchased from them but wouldn't let me have one.

I contacted the dealer in the south who apologised and promptly sent it to me. I have an all black lead and it appears to work with my latest gen iPod although no artwork which doesn't bother. Sounds great in AAC lossless and B&O