Auto lights

number3

Reaction score
Noticed yesterday , in the rain, that my lights came on but cabin/dash where unaffected , as in sat nav didn't turn to night time view and button lights didn't come on. Know its only a small thing but didn't realise they worked independent? Any other car a had , with auto lights, if the head lights came on, everything came on.

i did try with my auto wipers off just in case they affected the lights but didn't seem to?

mark.

Yeah I noticed this last week, the dipped beam lights seem to be able to come on without the interior lights (or MMI switching to evening colours). I think on previous cars the two have been linked because it's all done on control switch / stalk, and I guess Auto lights allows for more control over the interior / exterior lights :)

Yeah I noticed this last week, the dipped beam lights seem to be able to come on without the interior lights (or MMI switching to evening colours). I think on previous cars the two have been linked because it's all done on control switch / stalk, and I guess Auto lights allows for more control over the interior / exterior lights :)

Another light in the cabin that seems to be independent is the light on the switch of the dipping rear view mirror!