Gearbox Fault

Aran383

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've had my 1.4 S-line manual, for just over a month now and have only covered around 650 miles! However as the miles have increased I've noticed it's been feeling quite rough to change gear! It's also been quite hard to select reverse. Yesterday however I just couldn't put it into reverse and it took several attempts to eventually get it to select! Took it back to the dealership to be told there is definitely an issue so they've taken it in to do a closer inspection to try resolve the problem. Just wondering if anybody else has had the same issue?

The dealership have been good and given me a courtesy car straight away, but I'm still quite annoyed that this has happened to such a new car! ������

Cheers

Aran

That is annoying! I've covered 1200 miles so far in my 1.4 Manual and the gearbox has loosened up quite nicely. Just sometimes an issue getting into 1st after the engine has restarted from a stop/start cycle. Let us know what the diagnosis is and what the repair (if any) is.

Wish mine was the same! Hopefully hear back from them today, so will post when I hear more.

Aran

Hi, I've got the 1.6tdi sport manual and had similar issues, especially with reverse. Ive done about 1200 miles. Been thinking I should head back to the dealership with it... Probably should!
Sonja

Reactions: XXXCorps
Could just be a case of realigning the linkage as they can often slip, better a small issue than major. Looking for the out come also.Doug

Finally got my car back after 5 days! Turns out the gear change cable needed readjusting, all seems to be fine now, hope it stays this way! :laugh:

Aran

Easy repair that's the best kind, but 5 days seems excessive, glad you have your car back.