EM TuningChris Nott
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Vertigo1

Thread: New A3 MMI wheel direction help

Reverse Gear

Status

Unhappy New A3 MMI wheel direction help

Hi All
    I am waiting for my new A3 Sportsback S-line in Daytona Grey and having been in my friends new A3 sport I have noticed that the MMI wheel goes the wrong way! It appears the uk version is still set up for left hand drive operation. His A3 is only 1week old, so I assume it has the latest software. Is there somewhere in the settings this can be changed to suit right hand drive or do we all have to live with it?

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    No unfortunately there's no way to change the direction of rotation. It takes some getting used to!

TBH it doesn't matter if its left or right hand drive, clockwise is always clockwise. Audi really haven't thought it through!
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-Line 150ps, Daytona Grey, Comfort Pack, Privacy Glass, SD Sat Nav, Through Load, Aluminium Pedals.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks for the quick response, thinking about it you are quite right, maybe we need to view it through a mirror

Will be interesting to see if/when the Audi Connect will be available as an upgrade, they may get the direct right for that ;-)

2nd Gear

Status
    Here's hoping!
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-Line 150ps, Daytona Grey, Comfort Pack, Privacy Glass, SD Sat Nav, Through Load, Aluminium Pedals.

6th Gear

Status
    There's nothing wrong with it - it's perfectly logical. It's you lot that are "wrong"
    hittchy likes this.
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

Reverse Gear

Status
    Is it true when the sat nav tells you to turn left, it actually means turn right ;-))
    Never backwards when moving forwards.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by squiretolley View Post

TBH it doesn't matter if its left or right hand drive, clockwise is always clockwise. Audi really haven't thought it through!
    But, if you are sitting on the left hand side and turn it clockwise the movement of the wheel closest to you is upwards in line with movement on the screen - so logically for left hand drive cars "up is up" which I think is what they intended. Wheras sitting on the right hand side clockwise movement of the wheel naturarly feels a downward rotation but upwards on the screen.

Aagh, the Germans are meddling with our minds lol. But seriously surely a software tweak wouldn't be that difficult.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Im alright with this as I have an apple mac and the mouse scroll with the finger is opposite to windows
    down is up and up is down

1st Gear

Status
    Opposite to BMW iDrive, but you get used to it quite quickly!
    A3 2.0 TDI S Line Daytona Grey with Comfort Pack and SD Sat Nav. LOVE IT !!!!!

1st Gear

Status
    It does seem wrong and first. It was the same in the A1. It's because you think that you should twist the side of the wheel facing you down to scroll down. Which would be clockwise. But obviously sat in the passenger seat, this is like turning the wheel up, hence why it scrolls up instead.
    2007 Honda S2000

Reverse Gear

Status
    Ahh, maybe there is hope, I also have a Mac and have overcome the scroll issue the go back to work and use a pc without thinking.

Could it be Audi have decided to add some extra zoos by adopting 'Apple' features:-))

6th Gear

Status
    Ah but the click-wheel on an iPod classic is clockwise to go down...
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

1st Gear

Status
    Nightmare.....opposite to the MMI on my A6 then (which I've just sold!).

It's a good job I have another 3-4 weeks to wait for the new A3, I might just "unlearn" years of programmed MMI hand action!
    2013 A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI S-Line
    Phantom Black Pearl | Heated Nappa Leather | B&O | Technology Pack | Comfort Pack | Interior Lighting Pack | Parking System Plus | DAB | Alu Roof rails | Elec folding mirrors | Mono.pur | Rear Side Airbags | Elec lumbar
    |

SOLD 2007 A6 Avant 2.7 TDI Le Mans quattro
    Daytona Grey | Leather | MMI High | Bluetooth | Adaptive Xenons | BOSE | DAB | Heated F&R | AMI | Parking F&R | Storage Pack | Visibility Pack | Interior Light Pack |