Sky InsuranceVolks Autos

Thread: AlloyGator

1st Gear

Status

AlloyGator

So I was thinking about getting some Alloy Rim Protectors, had a search around....also saw a few posts on here for AlloyGator

Anyway I asked if they could send me a couple of offcuts so that I could put them against the wheel to see which colour I preferred, only asked for Black and Silver....they arrived on Saturday "Not decided on the colour yet!" I then thought I'd ask if they would be interested in offering a discount to an Audi forum for guy's who have just got a New Audi and want to protect there Alloys

Just had a reply

Thank you for your mail.

We would be happy to offer a discount code for a limited period for the members.

Please let me know if this is something you are able to progress with your fellow members.

Regards

Alloy Wheel Repairs, Protection, Refurbishment, Cleaning & Polishing

Anyone else interested

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    Yes very interested, do they fit well? I think black would be best. How much are we looking?
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-Line 150ps, Daytona Grey, Comfort Pack, Privacy Glass, SD Sat Nav, Through Load, Aluminium Pedals.

1st Gear

Status
    I haven't bought any yet! but they look very durable.....someone in the 8P forum swears by them, the prices are in the link....looks like they are around £60 for 5 but if we can get them to offer a discount! could save a few quid, I would imagine that they'd only offer a 10% discount

Here is the other link
    AlloyGators fitted

1st Gear

Status
    Ask any decent tyre fitter and they'll laugh these outa the park. I researched for ages last year looking for some alloy protection. This product always cropped up so I asked at least 6 independent tyre fitters about these, all said they were a waste of money. E Tyres used to have these on their vans promoting them but had so many complaints / returns they ditched them completey. Major concerns were, they will come loose / fly off if corners are taken at speed, hitting pot holes, tyres are under inlflated. If they do come off at speed, just imagine where they'll end up / what damage they may do if they whack into your car.
    I'm only going on what I was told by professionals but if you want to try them, ask about money back guarantees.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by nbray67 View Post
    Ask any decent tyre fitter and they'll laugh these outa the park. I researched for ages last year looking for some alloy protection. This product always cropped up so I asked at least 6 independent tyre fitters about these, all said they were a waste of money. E Tyres used to have these on their vans promoting them but had so many complaints / returns they ditched them completey. Major concerns were, they will come loose / fly off if corners are taken at speed, hitting pot holes, tyres are under inlflated. If they do come off at speed, just imagine where they'll end up / what damage they may do if they whack into your car.
    I'm only going on what I was told by professionals but if you want to try them, ask about money back guarantees.
    Just had a little read about one coming off....dont fancy one whacking the side if the car! might just have to carry on being very carefull

2nd Gear

Status
    Hmmm sounds a little dodgy. I'll have to make sure the wife doesn't drive it!
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-Line 150ps, Daytona Grey, Comfort Pack, Privacy Glass, SD Sat Nav, Through Load, Aluminium Pedals.

1st Gear

Status
    Here is another video of them in action, gonna keep searching to see what comes up!

Apparently they have improved them and these are the second generation

Alloygator rim protectors | Auto Express

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/accesso.../alloygator-v2