About a month away from ordering my next vehicle, with my previous two being Audi A3 Sline 2.0 TDi 170 BHP Quattro - This is review made in early days of the second A3 MY11 A3 2.0TDi 170BHP S line review
If anyone wants my eperiences on this model please just ask.
Again I have the choice of BMW VW Audi Mercedes and having already been to all dealers am back at the Audi, as they all just miss something the Audi has - So it has been between Q3 TT and the A3 and after much decision about what ticks most boxes for everyday use then the new A3 Sportback it is.
So I am pretty set on what I am ordering but do have a few comments and questions
- 2.0 TDi Sportstronic S Line
- Glacier White
- Sat Nav
- Interior Light Pack
- Rear Camera or Rear Sensor
- Folding Wing Mirrors
- Sport Suspension Deletion
So thats it, as it stands now, with caveat that may get the Quattro 180+ BHP combination if becomes available, though will take on board any comments on the standard drive/2.0TDi combination.
- The Quattro/Diesel combination is not available at present but may be tempted if it does, but can anyone tell me who has gone from Quattro to standard front wheel drive, how tangible is drop off in handling?
- My 2.0TDi is 170BHP, so to anyone who has moved from this to the new standard 2.0 TDi how good is the performance, the acceleration? as it is still something I love even now.
- Rear Camera or Sensors? Both to do same job, ensure that not going to bump anything! Views?
- I have the S Line suspension at present and I do love the handling and on smooth roads its a dream but it does feel the pot holes and having been out in an SE suspension and seen the distance between arches and wheels then going for the standard - I realise losing the Quattro and deleting the S Line suspension might affect the handling, but from reading these forums it appears the car will still handle pretty damn well to not be a huge drop off?
- Gone for Sportback over Hatch as though love lines it has proved more annoying that would think getting passengers in and out and trips with a load more than shopping such as to drop and fetch daughter from University has every crevice packed with stuff! so the extra space will be appreciated also.
- Just make a note on colour, I have had Phantom Black and Standard Black and they both get dirty and dusty and do show marks, but always look great even with a standard wash, so for me would have no issue having a black again but saw the Glacier White and loved it, the tint of blue is tangible, so crisp, so Glacier White it is Though if it was a standard upgrade option Sepang Blue would win.
- Also having seen the new A3 many times now I realise how different it is from my MY11, it makes mine look a little bulky and outdated in comparison, though in reality it is still a minor thing to note as I still love it really and will be a little sad to see her go though sure will love the new Sportback.
Great forum guys, so valuable at times like these in getting a true understanding of what is best to order.