Climate control diagnostic codes

JohnM100

VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Am looking to get a new A3 SB as my current A3 8L is getting on a bit now.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if the climate control display in the A3 8V can display diagnostic and car parameters like the previous A3 8L and 8P? (Eg actual engine RPM, battery voltage, actual engine temperature etc).

These were accessed by pressing the 'air recirculation' button and then 'direct airflow to screen' button, and took the form C1, C2......etc

I have had a test drive (fantastic car) but couldn't get a chance to test this with the salesman sitting next to me.....

I couldn't find anything on here or through Google either.

Thanks in advance.

I very much doubt they would have implemented "hot keys" to bring up the information through the climate unit. They only really did this on the 8L and 8P as that was the only screen (apart from the radio, which you could also use to view the digital speed).

With the 8V having the MMI Screen the information would be displayed on there, and the options would be available through the menu (provided they are even available options).

I know previous cars such as the A8 show the battery level and Engine Oil temp but I think you'd struggle to get the likes of RPM on there.

Thanks Jb0o.

The MMI would be a good place to display it. All UK spec cars include the MMI; either low or high(er) resolution but the MMI is not standard globally e.g. Spain I think.

I did have a play with the MMI but couldn't see anything like the detail from the old climate codes.

John.