Chris NottSky Insurance
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By hittchy
  • 1 Post By markwiggy

Thread: What would you do????

Neutral

Status

What would you do????

So my long awaited SB is ready for collection tomorrow. I've already been in and sorted paperwork out so the 6 month wait is nearly over.
    The salesman rings me up today, he says he was checking over the car and the through load facility on the rear seats has been missed off:-(
    I think the best solution we came up with was he changes a dealer car order to include (our seats are leather & perforated alcantara) the missing seat then when it comes he will get it swapped over.

Now for your opinions.... Do you think this is acceptable? Should I ask for any compensation/freebies? I know these things happen but I would not have expected it from Audi. Any thing else I should say/do???

Sorry to rush but collecting at 1330 tomorrow:-)

Cheers

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    That is annoying for sure. I would take the swap offer but would demand either extended warranty or free servicing!
    2012 RS3 Ibis White | Black Styling Pack | Black Roof Rails | Bose | Cruise | Tyre Package | Privacy Glass

MiT
    Work Hard, Play harder!!

Status
    No harm in asking.

They should give something, make sure its something that is of value to you.
    A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI S-Line
    Amalfi White || Comfort Pack || Audi Sound System 10 Speakers || Interior Light Pack || Elec Lumber Support || Sat Nav || Non Smoking pack

2nd Gear

Status
    I'd get them to swap it and throw in some freebies. I hope they haven't missed it off mine too! Who's your dealer?
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-Line 150ps, Daytona Grey, Comfort Pack, Privacy Glass, SD Sat Nav, Through Load, Aluminium Pedals.

Neutral

Status
    To be honest it was on the order form that was printed out so it isn't the dealerships fault, it was the factory.

Cant remember if I paid for servicing or not? Might be worth asking for it? Or maybe a loan of an R8 spyder in the summer?:-)

Still thinking I should be recompensed in some way???

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny Fireblade View Post
    Still thinking I should be recompensed in some way???
    Yes, but not from the dealer, you should be compensated directly by Audi.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacemarine View Post
    Yes, but not from the dealer, you should be compensated directly by Audi.
    That would be fine by me.

3rd Gear

Status
    If it were me, it would depend how much I really needed this option. Assuming it was clearly printed on the signed order:

Option One - they'll have to re-order the car in your spec. You carry on driving around in this A3 until the new one arrives in a few months so you get a new car all over again. No compensation necessary then, but you'll have the car you ordered and save a few months depreciation driving around in their car.

Option Two - if it wasn't crucial I had the option, I'd negotiate a bigger discount. Sometimes this'll be in the dealership's interest because they'll have to sell the first A3 as ex-demo/used and will lose money on it anyway. Depending on what deal you struck initially, in many cases they'll be prepared to give quite a hefty discount here so they don't have the hassle.

I'm not sure I'd want them swapping bits over on my car introducing squeaks and rattles. Bear in mind, the vehicle options in the service book and vehicle ID sticker will be all wrong then which may hold problems when you sell.

Good luck getting it sorted though.
    XXXCorps likes this.
    2013 A3 Sportback 2.0TDi 150 S-Line - Daytona Grey, B&O, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, SD Nav, Hill Hold Assist.
    2010 A4 2.0TDi 170 S Line | 2008 Golf GT Sport 140 | 2008 S3 | 2005 A3 2.0TDi 140 S Line | 2003 TT 225 | 1998 A4 2.8 Quattro

6th Gear

Status
    I'd demand the dealer retro-fits it to be honest. I presume the through load facility consists purely of different rear seats - possibly even just the seat backs and not the squabs. If so then I'd think it'd be perfectly reasonably to demand the dealer changes these for the right ones, either by pinching them from another vehicle or ordering them as parts from Audi.
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

Third Gear

Status
    Personally I would not want my car meddled with so retro fit would not be an option for me, I agree with The comments from Hittchy regards squeaks and rattles. I don't think things would go back the same. If you can live without the through load than you can twist the dealers arm and negotiate freebies or a discount.

Mark
    hittchy likes this.
    07 S3 Sprint Blue Now Sold
    12 Range Rover Evoque Dynamic Now sold
    A3 20 TDI S-Line Sportback in Daytona Grey with Aluminium Roof Rails, Fine Nappa Leather, Sat Nav, Comfort pack,Audi Sound System, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Privacy Glass, Interior Light Pack, Non Smoke Pack.