What would you do????

Dan the man

Reaction score
So my long awaited SB is ready for collection tomorrow. I've already been in and sorted paperwork out so the 6 month wait is nearly over.
The salesman rings me up today, he says he was checking over the car and the through load facility on the rear seats has been missed off:-(
I think the best solution we came up with was he changes a dealer car order to include (our seats are leather & perforated alcantara) the missing seat then when it comes he will get it swapped over.

Now for your opinions.... Do you think this is acceptable? Should I ask for any compensation/freebies? I know these things happen but I would not have expected it from Audi. Any thing else I should say/do???

Sorry to rush but collecting at 1330 tomorrow:)

Cheers

That is annoying for sure. I would take the swap offer but would demand either extended warranty or free servicing!

No harm in asking.

They should give something, make sure its something that is of value to you.

I'd get them to swap it and throw in some freebies. I hope they haven't missed it off mine too! Who's your dealer?

To be honest it was on the order form that was printed out so it isn't the dealerships fault, it was the factory.

Cant remember if I paid for servicing or not? Might be worth asking for it? Or maybe a loan of an R8 spyder in the summer?:)

Still thinking I should be recompensed in some way???

If it were me, it would depend how much I really needed this option. Assuming it was clearly printed on the signed order:

Option One - they'll have to re-order the car in your spec. You carry on driving around in this A3 until the new one arrives in a few months so you get a new car all over again. No compensation necessary then, but you'll have the car you ordered and save a few months depreciation driving around in their car.

Option Two - if it wasn't crucial I had the option, I'd negotiate a bigger discount. Sometimes this'll be in the dealership's interest because they'll have to sell the first A3 as ex-demo/used and will lose money on it anyway. Depending on what deal you struck initially, in many cases they'll be prepared to give quite a hefty discount here so they don't have the hassle.

I'm not sure I'd want them swapping bits over on my car introducing squeaks and rattles. Bear in mind, the vehicle options in the service book and vehicle ID sticker will be all wrong then which may hold problems when you sell.

Good luck getting it sorted though. :icon_thumright:

Reactions: XXXCorps
I'd demand the dealer retro-fits it to be honest. I presume the through load facility consists purely of different rear seats - possibly even just the seat backs and not the squabs. If so then I'd think it'd be perfectly reasonably to demand the dealer changes these for the right ones, either by pinching them from another vehicle or ordering them as parts from Audi.

Personally I would not want my car meddled with so retro fit would not be an option for me, I agree with The comments from Hittchy regards squeaks and rattles. I don't think things would go back the same. If you can live without the through load than you can twist the dealers arm and negotiate freebies or a discount.

Mark

Reactions: hittchy