Monster MotorsportChris Nott
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ruthus_1

Thread: Dull

1st Gear

Status

Dull

Have had my A3 a little more than a week now and covered around 600 miles. Whilst it is beautifully made and appointed I am finding it incredibly dull to drive. In fact I would say it is the dullest car I've driven for many a long year and that includes previous A3s and an A1. How are other owners finding it?
    A3 1.4 Sport, S-tronic, Monsoon Grey, Comfort Pack, DAB radio, Interior lighting pack, Front Rubber Mats, Model / Engine badge deletion, Service

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    I'm surprised with your comments, as most of the review's talks pretty well about that 1.4 engine. I assume you have the Audi Select Drive feature. Maybe it's a fact of changing those settings?

Let us hear other owner's feedback... I ordered that same engine.
    Ordered: A3 SB Sport 1.4 tfsi / Amalfi white with chesnut brown seats / 17" 5-arm kinetic alloy wheels / Xenon light pack / Tech pack / B&O / Inlays mistral / Driver assistance pack

3rd Gear

Status
    What an unusual post !

Hmmm ... so why exactly are you saying it is dull ?

What makes the other cars you have driven with the same power etc feel more exciting ?
    2013 Audi S5 coupe estoril blue black edition

1st Gear

Status
    The engine is fine, quite lively in fact. It's just that the whole driving experience lacks any excitement. Its characterless if you like. Maybe it just does everything too well but my A1 and previous A3s had a bit of 'fun factor' if you like.
    A3 1.4 Sport, S-tronic, Monsoon Grey, Comfort Pack, DAB radio, Interior lighting pack, Front Rubber Mats, Model / Engine badge deletion, Service

3rd Gear

Status
    It may well be the extra refinement then that is in-directly making for what appears to feel to you a less exciting drive (more relaxed).
    2013 Audi S5 coupe estoril blue black edition

1st Gear

Status
    Dull? Surprised at that remark. I find the 2.0 TDI incredibly punchy in Dynamic mode.

Its quite a sophisticated classy car in my opinion.
    A3 2.0 TDI S Line Daytona Grey with Comfort Pack and SD Sat Nav. LOVE IT !!!!!

1st Gear

Status
    Seconded - my 1.4 TFSI takes off like a rocket when I'm in Dynamic mode and the steering adjustment that goes with it is lovely.

1st Gear

Status
    Gosh that's a real shame that you feel your new car is dull.

Did you test drive a similar car before you ordered? If you did and it didn't feel dull then I wonder what has made such a difference?

1st Gear

Status
    If you've been on the a1 forum you will get to know chelmers posts lol. Pinch of salt
    1.4 TFSI 122ps A3 SportBack. Comfort pack, Audi sound system, Daytona grey, SD Sat Nav, S line trim. Love it!

1st Gear

Status
    Try my polo that is bloody dull!!! Lol! Can't wait for a bit of power and better handling!!!
    I am now the very very proud owner of an A3 Sportback S-line 2.0 TDI Glacier white - panoramic sunroof and privacy glass!

See ya Polo!!!!!!!!!!

Reverse Gear

Status
    I must admit I felt the same way on test drive (although I think I may have been spoilt by my scirocco). Although It is a lovely place to sit and is beautifully built. Still really surprised they didn't bolt on the adaptive suspension off the rocco.

5th Gear

Status
    I can see where you are coming from its personal preference and everything. I had a focus st 225 a while ago and I loved it to bits, even more when I remapped it. I then test drove, borrowed or rented and bought amongst others , an m3 , an s3, a Astra Vxr, a Audi s4 , an evo 6 and a hawk eye scooby sti....... The one I enjoyed driving the most was my plain old ST........... It felt more fun, more on edge, more forgiving , and suited my driving style.

sorry hear you don't like your new car , my childhood dream was shattered when I found out I didn't like driving the BMW e46 M3 I always wanted. It felt **** and dated when I could finally get insured on one last year.

Sean
    Current: 2013 Audi A3 2.0 tdi s line 8V in black SD nav+ extras, E46 BMW M3, 1971 Volvo p1800, 2014 Ford transit sport 155ps ;-)

Previous : Focus st 225 stage 1 (265 bhp and too much torque), 2002 audi s3 bam engine completely OEM, 2001 Audi a3 1.8 TQS 221bhp and about 20 other cars, majority civics ek4/ek9 and Bmw / Audi soot chucker's!

1st Gear

Status
    Nothing wrong with a ford! We have mk1 focus rs most fun/dangerous car to dry ever ha ha!
    s33nyboy12 likes this.
    I am now the very very proud owner of an A3 Sportback S-line 2.0 TDI Glacier white - panoramic sunroof and privacy glass!

See ya Polo!!!!!!!!!!

1st Gear

Status
    Drive not dry ****

See ya Polo!!!!!!!!!!

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruthus_1 View Post
    Nothing wrong with a ford! We have mk1 focus rs most fun/dangerous car to dry ever ha ha!

oh yeah , I am a BIG fan of the mk1 focus RS and the mk2 . Any mods?.........or standard

Sean
    Current: 2013 Audi A3 2.0 tdi s line 8V in black SD nav+ extras, E46 BMW M3, 1971 Volvo p1800, 2014 Ford transit sport 155ps ;-)

Previous : Focus st 225 stage 1 (265 bhp and too much torque), 2002 audi s3 bam engine completely OEM, 2001 Audi a3 1.8 TQS 221bhp and about 20 other cars, majority civics ek4/ek9 and Bmw / Audi soot chucker's!

1st Gear

Status
    It's the bf's toy: milteck exhaust, boost controller, recirc valve k and n induction kit, Tubular manifold, dreamscience race plus, forge actuator holding 18 psi, it's 280 bhp 330 lbft torque and more to come probably lol!

See ya Polo!!!!!!!!!!

5th Gear

Status
    I hate to say but we've hijacked another thread !

The only thing we can do to O.P in comparison is your bf's focus rs is far from DULL running 280bhp fwd !

Ps: sorry chelmersteve

1st Gear

Status
    Oooops!!!! Sorry lol!!!

See ya Polo!!!!!!!!!!