Dull

Chelmersteve

Reaction score
Have had my A3 a little more than a week now and covered around 600 miles. Whilst it is beautifully made and appointed I am finding it incredibly dull to drive. In fact I would say it is the dullest car I've driven for many a long year and that includes previous A3s and an A1. How are other owners finding it?

I'm surprised with your comments, as most of the review's talks pretty well about that 1.4 engine. I assume you have the Audi Select Drive feature. Maybe it's a fact of changing those settings?

Let us hear other owner's feedback... I ordered that same engine.

What an unusual post !

Hmmm ... so why exactly are you saying it is dull ?

What makes the other cars you have driven with the same power etc feel more exciting ?

The engine is fine, quite lively in fact. It's just that the whole driving experience lacks any excitement. Its characterless if you like. Maybe it just does everything too well but my A1 and previous A3s had a bit of 'fun factor' if you like.

It may well be the extra refinement then that is in-directly making for what appears to feel to you a less exciting drive (more relaxed).

Dull? Surprised at that remark. I find the 2.0 TDI incredibly punchy in Dynamic mode. ;)

Its quite a sophisticated classy car in my opinion.

Seconded - my 1.4 TFSI takes off like a rocket when I'm in Dynamic mode and the steering adjustment that goes with it is lovely.

Gosh that's a real shame that you feel your new car is dull.

Did you test drive a similar car before you ordered? If you did and it didn't feel dull then I wonder what has made such a difference?

If you've been on the a1 forum you will get to know chelmers posts lol. Pinch of salt

Try my polo that is ****** dull!!! Lol! Can't wait for a bit of power and better handling!!!

I must admit I felt the same way on test drive (although I think I may have been spoilt by my scirocco). Although It is a lovely place to sit and is beautifully built. Still really surprised they didn't bolt on the adaptive suspension off the rocco.

I can see where you are coming from its personal preference and everything. I had a focus st 225 a while ago and I loved it to bits, even more when I remapped it. I then test drove, borrowed or rented and bought amongst others , an m3 , an s3, a Astra Vxr, a Audi s4 , an evo 6 and a hawk eye scooby sti....... The one I enjoyed driving the most was my plain old ST........... It felt more fun, more on edge, more forgiving , and suited my driving style.

sorry hear you don't like your new car , my childhood dream was shattered when I found out I didn't like driving the BMW e46 M3 I always wanted. It felt **** and dated when I could finally get insured on one last year.

Sean

Nothing wrong with a ford! We have mk1 focus rs most fun/dangerous car to dry ever ha ha!

Reactions: s33nyboy12
It's the bf's toy: milteck exhaust, boost controller, recirc valve k and n induction kit, Tubular manifold, dreamscience race plus, forge actuator holding 18 psi, it's 280 bhp 330 lbft torque and more to come probably lol!

I hate to say but we've hijacked another thread !

The only thing we can do to O.P in comparison is your bf's focus rs is far from DULL running 280bhp fwd !

Ps: sorry chelmersteve