JMB RetrofitsBadger5
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Snagging list - what do we know so far?

5th Gear

Status
    for the sticker on the visor just get the dealer to order a LHD one
    VCDS in North Wales
    2007 A6 3.0TDi S-Line Le Mans Avant , adaptive xenon lights, sunroof, privacy glass, towbar, led rears & randomly rear seat airbags
    1999 Honda S2000 , mcb low milage jap import, fully bushed, mugen exhaust <<< for sale! <<<
    2001 Passat TDi 130 Sport < sold!! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/Ste_Nova/Passat/PB140007s.jpg

2. # ADS
    ADS

Zig
    Neutral

Status
    A couple of questions:

1/ Are vehicles normally set up for Variable Longlife Service Interval as the default setting?

2/ Are vehicles still coming through with annoying sticker on the passenger sunvisor about child seats?

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Zig View Post
    A couple of questions:

1/ Are vehicles normally set up for Variable Longlife Service Interval as the default setting?

2/ Are vehicles still coming through with annoying sticker on the passenger sunvisor about child seats?
    Yes and yes.
    2013 A3 Sportback 2.0TDi 150 S-Line - Daytona Grey, B&O, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, SD Nav, Hill Hold Assist.
    2010 A4 2.0TDi 170 S Line | 2008 Golf GT Sport 140 | 2008 S3 | 2005 A3 2.0TDi 140 S Line | 2003 TT 225 | 1998 A4 2.8 Quattro

Zig
    Neutral

Status
    If the dealer provides the Sat Nav SD card (which I believe is the case rather than it coming with the vehicle) what is the best way to check that you have got the current version?

SJW
    1st Gear

Status
    @ Zig - Vertigo started a thread a while back called "Ok, BST". You could try looking in there for details regarding versions...

2nd Gear

Status
    If the dealer provides the Sat Nav SD card (which I believe is the case rather than it coming with the vehicle) what is the best way to check that you have got the current version?
    Without checking as im not at home, but i think in the DVD type case the SD card comes in, the date is on a sticker inside.? failing that give it a london post code, if it comes back not found you know its old!! ive been to london, its been there years lol.
    Audi A3 8v 2.0TDi S-Line, glacier white.

Reverse Gear

Status
    I will be collecting a SB, no tech pack but comes with the SD nav. Should I get any cables? If yes is it the blue one that comes standard with all A3's?

Thanks

Zig
    Neutral

Status
    Yes you get cables. Ask for red cable if you want album artwork transferred across.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Yes you get cables. Ask for red cable if you want album artwork transferred across.
    Thanks for the reply. Strange as I didn't get any cables at all when I got an A6 new shape with SD nav :S

Reverse Gear

Status
    My A3 8V came with a black iPod MMI cable (ref. 4F0 051 510 K) and I don't have any artwork displayed on the MMI screen.
    Can you tell us the exact reference of the red cable ?

1st Gear

Status
    It's the colour of the grommet at the connectivity end that matters, not the colour of the cable itself - the one with the red grommet has the same number as that you quoted but with an 'R' replacing the 'K' so 4FO 051 510 R
    A3 1.4 Sport, S-tronic, Monsoon Grey, Comfort Pack, DAB radio, Interior lighting pack, Front Rubber Mats, Model / Engine badge deletion, Service

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks !
    I also found another reference with an S (4FO 051 510 S) with USB and adapter cable for iPod/iPhone.
    Do you know this one ? Is it a cable with dual interfaces ?
    A3 SB 8V TFSI 1.4 122 Glacier White

1st Gear

Status
    There are several cables available - USB, iPOD, mini USB, RGB, 3.5 mm jack. Don't think there any dual interface cables but they do sell 'combo packs' with 2 cables in so maybe thats what you have identified.
    A3 1.4 Sport, S-tronic, Monsoon Grey, Comfort Pack, DAB radio, Interior lighting pack, Front Rubber Mats, Model / Engine badge deletion, Service

Zig
    Neutral

Status
    The compatibility for the iPod adaptor cables from the German Audi website at Audi music interface > Audi Deutschland is as follows:
    Compatibility for iPod adaptor cable with video function (part number 4F0 051 510 R adaptor cable with a red marker)

• iPod nano 5G (version 1.0.2)
    • iPod touch 1G, 2G, 3G und 4G (version 3.0.0)
    • iPhone 1G, 3G, 3GS und 4G (version 3.0.0)
    • iPad (version 4.2.1)
    Compatibility for iPod adaptor cable without video function (part number 4F0 051 510 K cable with a blue marker)

• iPod mini (version 1.3.0)
    • iPod nano
    • iPod 4G (version 1.2.1), iPod 5G Video, iPod 6G classic
    • iPod touch
    • iPhone
    • iPad (version 4.2.1)
    The other available adapters are as follows:
    4F0 051 510 Q is a USB adapter
    4F0 051 510 H is a Mini USB adapter
    4F0 051 510 M is a Micro USB adapter
    4F0 051 510 N RCA jack adapter
    4F0 051 510 F is a 3.5mm jack adapter
    4F0 051 510 P is an adapter set comprising an adapter for an iPod (4F0 051 510 K) & an USB adapter (4F0 051 510 Q)
    4F0 051 510 S is an adapter set comprising an adapter for an iPod (4F0 051 510 R) & an USB adapter (4F0 051 510 Q)
    4F0 051 510 AA is composite video adapter
    Last edited by Zig; 12th May 2013 at 22:09.

1st Gear

Status
    For the sake of completion the Composite Video Adapter is 4F0 051 510 AA

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mjcourtney View Post
    Red is for later generation iPods / iPhone and allows the MMI to pull through additional data (such as artwork). The blue cable is for the older generation iPods. Neither cable works with the iPhone 5 as Audi are still 'working on it'....
    Ok so just took delivery of my 2013 Black A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI S-line yesterday and the lead I have is black but with a small part of the connecter which is a kind of bergundy so I'm assuming this is the red lead? If so, I take it this explains why my ipod classic 160gb is not recognised by the car and that I need a blue lead?

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TunnelRat View Post
    Ok so just took delivery of my 2013 Black A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI S-line yesterday and the lead I have is black but with a small part of the connecter which is a kind of bergundy so I'm assuming this is the red lead? If so, I take it this explains why my ipod classic 160gb is not recognised by the car and that I need a blue lead?
    ok so I kinda jumped the gun a bit and have answered my own question by reading more of the thread! What doesn't seem to be the norm is that mine came with the red lead where as most people say there's came with the blue. I'd be happy to swap my red one for blue if anyone needs a red?

SJW
    1st Gear

Status
    Your dealer might be able to help you out and arrange the correct lead for you TR. A number of persons on here managed to wangle the correct lead.
    TunnelRat likes this.

Reverse Gear

Status
    I've just managed to buy one from a top rated seller on ebay for £8 + £1 delivery. That'll do for me! Thanks anyway SJW.

SJW
    1st Gear

Status
    You welcome TR. Pretty sure I'm going to have a similar issue but the great people in here have certainly opened my eyes to some of the teething matters.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by selar View Post
    Summary so far, anyway:

BST auto-adjustment: At least one user has had problems; the option to automatically update has disappeared from his system. Awaiting a resolution (Vertigo1 - original thread).

Low hum coming coming from speakers
    : Not sure if this was ever just a B&O issue, but it has been fixed with a software update. All PDIs will include any such fixes, but cars shipped before the start of March might need to go back in if they haven't already been recalled.

MMI lead: Cars usually come shipped with blue collar lead (for older generation iOS devices - doesn't transfer artwork) but will generally be swapped for a red collar lead if you ask. Best to get this done in advance as they don't seem to be kept in stock at most dealerships. Also note that you can get a microUSB variant if you're not an iOS user (I'm on Android and I've requested one) as well as 3.5mm headphone jack, video, and a straight-forward USB socket cable for attaching USB sticks which came as a standard second lead in my car. Part number for the red collared lead: 4F0051510R (the one for the blue lead is identical except the last letter is P instead - original thread).

Non-smoking pack no-cost downgrade: Removes 2 components - the cigarette lighters and the (rather desirable and completely removable) cup-shaped ashtray. Cigarette lighters are replaced with chrome-rimmed 12V socket plugs (on my S-line, at least - others reported plain black plastic plugs but chrome ones can be ordered later from Stoke Audi Parts for £4.64 each if necessary). The ashtray is not listed to order on that website, but if you can't wangle one from your dealer it can be bought direct from an Audi parts dept for £49.57... For the sake of having something to dump my keys and change into, I know which way round I'd have ordered my car, in hindsight.

Keyless entry (aka Advanced Key)
    : There are a few photos floating around on the interwebs showing a key fob with an LCD display. This is for markets where they include the pre-warm option for cold days. They keyless entry uses the standard key fob (and it's beautiful to use). Some users reported stumbling with locking at first - I've lost the thread but the consensus was just to be calm and gentle when stroking the locking touchpad, and to be aware of where exactly it is. Some have expressed concerns that the key could get separated from the vehicle while the engine was running and the car could effectively be stolen, or at least driven by a friend who finds themself without a key to re-start it at the far end of the journey. In a situation like this, after the driver has removed the key the Stop/Start function refuses to re-start the engine. Even if the genuine owner comes back with the key and behaves as normal, the system asks that the Engine Start button is pressed - pretty reassuring.
    Can't speak for what happens when the car has been driven around with the Stop/Start feature manually disabled, but I can check and post back if people want. *Edit:* If the Start/Stop has been manually disabled or if your drive wasn't long enough / aircon is running, you can get out with the engine idling and leave the key behind, then get back in and you'll get a very obvious visual and audio warning but the car will still be driveable.

For a video explanation of the Advanced Key, see here.

I'll keep an eye out for more / for updates on these issues.
    pushing this to the top of the pile just in case there are any new things to look out for from more recent owners that might be a help to us September collection folks.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-line, - Daytona Grey, comfort pack, interior light pack , aluminium roof rails, Audi speakers, folding door mirrors, hill hold, sport suspension, no smoking pack.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveotto View Post
    pushing this to the top of the pile just in case there are any new things to look out for from more recent owners that might be a help to us September collection folks.
    Good idea thanks Dave

23 Days 14 Hours to go :D
    A3 S-Line 1.8TFSI S-Tronic Daytona Grey, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Parking System Plus with reversing cam, HHA, Folding Mirrors, Interior Lighting Pack, Advanced Key

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12