Volks AutosSky Insurance
Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By A3sportbackrob

Thread: 48hrs of ownership

Neutral

Status

48hrs of ownership

Well after nearly 6 months waiting for my first ever Audi after coming from an Alfa 147 GTA that I had for 8 years from new my new A3 sportback 2.0 TDI S Line was handed over to me on Saturday morning.

The Spec is A3 sportback 2.0 tdi Sline with comfort pack, privacy glass, debadge, SD satnav and B&O in Scuber Blue.

When I saw it in the showroom for the first time when it was uncovered I was amazed at how good it actually looked it looked every bit the part that I had hoped for.

I was really unsure about the color as I had not seen one in Scuba blue and everyone having them in Daytona grey or white it seems and I really thought about changing the colour a few times.

It looks amazing and will upload some photos today for you all.

After collecting it I got home to see I had snow all over the front and salt all up the side of the car and then had to go to work with it. The sport suspension is perfect it holds the road really well and is not too harsh at all just right for a family car I guess and is just perfect for the UK roads now with all the winter pot holes. The Alfa used to be really bad over bumps knocking and jarring me to death.

On my 30 mile motorway trip to work I had chance to enjoy the B&O and must say it is much better and clearer than my Bose in the Alfa the noise on concrete is a little loud from the continental tyres but ok on tarmac but is easily dround out with some tunes.

After 2 days of driving it just seems a dream to drive and is so comfortable to drive and everyone that I see loves the car especially the color despite being filthy and love the screen and quality of the finish.

I was cursing last night from work and have around 130 miles on it now and was averaging 53mpg at just under 70 so economy is very good for a tight engine.

I will keep you all posted on economy this week as off to derby from Kent on Wednesday.

Now off to clean it

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    Looking forward to the pics. x
    Audi-sport.net Lanyards & Stickers
    To find Audi-Sport-Net members with VCDS check out the MAP

2nd Gear

Status
    Glad to hear you're enjoying it! What do you think about the resolution of the screen with the standard MMI?
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-Line 150ps, Daytona Grey, Comfort Pack, Privacy Glass, SD Sat Nav, Through Load, Aluminium Pedals.

3rd Gear

Status
    Scuba Blue is a lovely colour. With the right sealant and wax combination, it looks awesome. Have a peep in the detailing section for some inspiration.
    2013 A3 Sportback 2.0TDi 150 S-Line - Daytona Grey, B&O, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, SD Nav, Hill Hold Assist.
    2010 A4 2.0TDi 170 S Line | 2008 Golf GT Sport 140 | 2008 S3 | 2005 A3 2.0TDi 140 S Line | 2003 TT 225 | 1998 A4 2.8 Quattro

Third Gear

Status
    Glad your enjoying the car, I toyed with Scuba, Misano and Daytona but went for Daytona in the end.

look forward to the pics.

Mark
    07 S3 Sprint Blue Now Sold
    12 Range Rover Evoque Dynamic Now sold
    A3 20 TDI S-Line Sportback in Daytona Grey with Aluminium Roof Rails, Fine Nappa Leather, Sat Nav, Comfort pack,Audi Sound System, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Privacy Glass, Interior Light Pack, Non Smoke Pack.

1st Gear

Status

48hrs of ownership

Sounds great.......can't wait to see the photos. Scuba Blue was a colour I considered too at one stage - I like it because it's different to all the greys, whites, blacks etc.
    2013 A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI S-Line
    Phantom Black Pearl | Heated Nappa Leather | B&O | Technology Pack | Comfort Pack | Interior Lighting Pack | Parking System Plus | DAB | Alu Roof rails | Elec folding mirrors | Mono.pur | Rear Side Airbags | Elec lumbar
    |

SOLD 2007 A6 Avant 2.7 TDI Le Mans quattro
    Daytona Grey | Leather | MMI High | Bluetooth | Adaptive Xenons | BOSE | DAB | Heated F&R | AMI | Parking F&R | Storage Pack | Visibility Pack | Interior Light Pack |

Reverse Gear

Status
    Grats! Stronic or MT?

4th Gear

Status
    Defo need to see pics of scuba blue.
    2013 (63) Audi S5 coupe estoril blue black edition

Neutral

Status
    Photos as promised sorry they are not fantastic just some very quick external ones

Flickr: rob sparks2010's Photostream

I find the standard MMI resolution fine no problem at all as nice as the upgraded MMI would of been I dont think I could of justified the cost and the standard one is just fine everyone loves it.

Its manual as the wife dont like anything auto at all that is why I went for the TDI not the 1.8 TFSI

Hope you all like

1st Gear

Status
    Nice photos of a nice car - that blue certainly does look good.

2nd Gear

Status
    I'm so excited about getting mine this weekend....hopefully!
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-Line 150ps, Daytona Grey, Comfort Pack, Privacy Glass, SD Sat Nav, Through Load, Aluminium Pedals.

4th Gear

Status
    Car looks stunning in scuba blue !
    2013 (63) Audi S5 coupe estoril blue black edition

Neutral

Status
    Bugger, I think I may have ordered the wrong colour ( Glacier White) , Scuba Blue looks stunning :-)

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ChriSTi View Post
    Bugger, I think I may have ordered the wrong colour ( Glacier White) , Scuba Blue looks stunning :-)
    I have yet to see an A3 SB in a colour which doesn't look great!

Don't worry!
    Audi A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI 150ps S Line
    Glacier White, Perforated Alcantara leather seats, Aluminium Roof Rails, Advanced Key, Audi Sound System, Hill-hold Assist, Comfort Package, Electric Lumbar Support - Front Seats, Interior Light Package, Open Sky Panoramic Sunroof, Sat Nav SD Card Based, Dab Digital Radio, Through Load Facility, Debadged.

Changed from A4 Avant S Line executive pack, Ibis white on 28.3.13

Neutral

Status
    Hey Trebor, any chance of some interior pics, I'm still not convinced I'm getting a flat bottom steering wheel lol, ( ordered S line) , and some close up pics inside and out of the Pan roof open/closed ???? Pretty please

Chris

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ChriSTi:1834157
    Hey Trebor, any chance of some interior pics, I'm still not convinced I'm getting a flat bottom steering wheel lol, ( ordered S line) , and some close up pics inside and out of the Pan roof open/closed ???? Pretty please

Chris
    If you've ordered a UK spec S-line you will definitely get a flat bottomed steering wheel. I did!
    2013 8V Glacier White A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI S-line Mnaual
    SE Suspension, Tech Pack, B&O, Comfort Pack, Electric folding mirrors, Park Assist, TPMS, Interior Light Pack

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ChriSTi View Post

Chris
    Number3 at post 16 at this thread in this area of the forum has posted photos of the sunroof...
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/new-a3-...f-options.html

The flat bottomed wheel is standard on the UK S Line spec
    Audi A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI 150ps S Line
    Glacier White, Perforated Alcantara leather seats, Aluminium Roof Rails, Advanced Key, Audi Sound System, Hill-hold Assist, Comfort Package, Electric Lumbar Support - Front Seats, Interior Light Package, Open Sky Panoramic Sunroof, Sat Nav SD Card Based, Dab Digital Radio, Through Load Facility, Debadged.

Changed from A4 Avant S Line executive pack, Ibis white on 28.3.13

2nd Gear

Status
    Congratulations on a beautiful car mate, look fantastic in Scuba Blue with the S-Line kit.
    MY10 S3 Sportback - 6Sp Manual - Sprint Blue
    REVO Stage 2+ /
    Forge Twintake / 3" Miltek Hybrid DP/​ Autotech HPFP
    Bilstein PSS10
    / H&R 10/12mm Spacers / BFI Dog Bone /EBC Yellowstuff

BUILD THREAD

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TreborA4 View Post
    Number3 at post 16 at this thread in this area of the forum has posted photos of the sunroof...
    Just a quick techie note about something I discovered recently - if you click on the number of the post (at the top right corner in the red bar, in case anyone is looking for it) the URL in your address bar will change to reflect the exact position on the page, and you can then copy & paste a very specific link

Neutral

Status
    Hey Rob, I really like how your cars looks like. That scuba blue suits perfect in the A3. Do you think that it could combine well with brown-chestnut seats? I ordered these seats in combination of amalfi white. Your pics made me doubt what color would combine better with the seats, amalfi white or scuba blue. I would like to know your opinion as you saw the blue in flesh. Thanks,
    Ordered: A3 SB Sport 1.4 tfsi / Amalfi white with chesnut brown seats / 17" 5-arm kinetic alloy wheels / Xenon light pack / Tech pack / B&O / Inlays mistral / Driver assistance pack

Third Gear

Status
    That's lovely mate, nice colour.

Mark
    07 S3 Sprint Blue Now Sold
    12 Range Rover Evoque Dynamic Now sold
    A3 20 TDI S-Line Sportback in Daytona Grey with Aluminium Roof Rails, Fine Nappa Leather, Sat Nav, Comfort pack,Audi Sound System, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Privacy Glass, Interior Light Pack, Non Smoke Pack.

4th Gear

Status
    Great pics of your car. The scuba blue looks great, I hav just ordered one of the same colour. What do think of the SD satnav? I am keen to get one.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by miketrix View Post
    Hey Rob, I really like how your cars looks like. That scuba blue suits perfect in the A3. Do you think that it could combine well with brown-chestnut seats? I ordered these seats in combination of amalfi white. Your pics made me doubt what color would combine better with the seats, amalfi white or scuba blue. I would like to know your opinion as you saw the blue in flesh. Thanks,
    Thanks I wouldnt like to say it looks great with the grey carpet and the black seats with the black windows so I wouldnt like to say for sure if the chesnut seats would look right, I must say they look great in the brosure I would see what You dealer has to say as they see all sorts of colour combo's.

Thanks Rob

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A3sportbackMark View Post
    Great pics of your car. The scuba blue looks great, I hav just ordered one of the same colour. What do think of the SD satnav? I am keen to get one.
    Thanks Mark good choice of colour The SD nav is great had a trip from kent to Derby this week and the M1 was closed and no problem or delay the nav re routed me up the A1 M and didnt really take any longer at all very impressed with the SD nav.

When is yours due?

Neutral

Status
    I'm a bit confused with the scuba blue. I saw these photos http://www.caranddriver.com/photo-ga...st-ride-review and in comparison of A3sportbackrob's photos, the blue tone is different. The review's page photos shows a more electric blue than rob's. Is it just a matter of light or are they different colors?
    Ordered: A3 SB Sport 1.4 tfsi / Amalfi white with chesnut brown seats / 17" 5-arm kinetic alloy wheels / Xenon light pack / Tech pack / B&O / Inlays mistral / Driver assistance pack

Neutral

Status
    I'm a bit confused with the scuba blue. I saw these photos 2013 Audi A3 Quattro - Photo Gallery of First Ride from Car and Driver - Car Images and in comparison of A3sportbackrob's photos, the blue tone is different. The review's page photos shows a more electric blue than rob's. Is it just a matter of light or are they different colors?

Neutral

Status
    It does look very different in different lights. It looks quite light in the sun and darker when out of the sun.

1st Gear

Status
    *edit* Oops - wrong thread. Too many windows open!

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by miketrix View Post
    I'm a bit confused with the scuba blue. I saw these photos 2013 Audi A3 Quattro - Photo Gallery of First Ride from Car and Driver - Car Images and in comparison of A3sportbackrob's photos, the blue tone is different. The review's page photos shows a more electric blue than rob's. Is it just a matter of light or are they different colors?
    That looks far too light for Scuba Blue to me. I'd say different colours. Looks more like Sprint or Kingfisher (both exclusive paint option on the A3 in this country).
    2013 A3 Sportback 2.0TDi 150 S-Line - Daytona Grey, B&O, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, SD Nav, Hill Hold Assist.
    2010 A4 2.0TDi 170 S Line | 2008 Golf GT Sport 140 | 2008 S3 | 2005 A3 2.0TDi 140 S Line | 2003 TT 225 | 1998 A4 2.8 Quattro

4th Gear

Status
    I ordered mine 2 weeks ago so don't have a build date yet, it's amazing how much you think about it and wishing you had it! I've looked at the build date form and it seems to take about 4 weeks from ordering to even get a build date, it this correct?
    Well congrats to all those who are now driving their new audi

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A3sportbackrob View Post
    Thanks Mark good choice of colour The SD nav is great had a trip from kent to Derby this week and the M1 was closed and no problem or delay the nav re routed me up the A1 M and didnt really take any longer at all very impressed with the SD nav.

When is yours due?
    Thanks for this info Rob. I presume I can order the SD nav post delivery and have it fitted retrospectively. Or maybe I'll have a chat with the delear and see what the option are.
    I only ordered mine 2 weeks ago so don't have a build date yet, I guess I need to be patient. I don't have many options, it's a Sportback 1.6 SE TDI scuba blue with folding mirrors.

MiT
    Work Hard, Play harder!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A3sportbackMark View Post
    Thanks for this info Rob. I presume I can order the SD nav post delivery and have it fitted retrospectively. Or maybe I'll have a chat with the delear and see what the option are.
    I only ordered mine 2 weeks ago so don't have a build date yet, I guess I need to be patient. I don't have many options, it's a Sportback 1.6 SE TDI scuba blue with folding mirrors.
    If i am correct Audi have now pre built in the SD interface, so it makes it easier to have it as a post option.
    A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI S-Line
    Amalfi White || Comfort Pack || Audi Sound System 10 Speakers || Interior Light Pack || Elec Lumber Support || Sat Nav || Non Smoking pack