AH FabricationsSky Insurance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ok, BST...

6th Gear

Status

Ok, BST...

So, with BST here I was interested to see how the clock reacted in the A3. Have it set to use GPS for the clock so was kind of hoping/expecting it would adjust itself automatically.

Nope.

The clock is still on GMT so an hour behind. I've checked the manual and it says there should be settings for auto or manual daylight savings but neither of these options is anywhere to be seen in my MMI interface.

Anyone else have the same or different or had a play with settings? I'm going to pop to the dealer in the next day or two and point out what a joke it is having a GPS synchronised clock which can't even switch to BST! Not impressed.
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    Yeah mine did the same. Using the GPS clock doesn't adjust for BST. There is a seperate setting underneath this option that says 'manual adjust for BST', this was set to 'no' - so I assumed this meant it should do it automatically. However, I just changed this to yes and low and behold it corrected itself forward one hour.

Seems slightly counter intuitive.
    2013 8V Glacier White A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI S-line Mnaual
    SE Suspension, Tech Pack, B&O, Comfort Pack, Electric folding mirrors, Park Assist, TPMS, Interior Light Pack

6th Gear

Status
    Whereabouts do you mean? In the option to use the GPS, all I get is GPS or manual, there's no option anywhere that I could see that referred to BST or daylight savings time.
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

5th Gear

Status
    In mine its directly beneath the GPS time option. I will try and take a photo later on.
    SE Suspension, Tech Pack, B&O, Comfort Pack, Electric folding mirrors, Park Assist, TPMS, Interior Light Pack

1st Gear

Status
    Not sure what my clock is at, since I've not been out in the A3 today! Will check tomorrow...!
    A3 2.0 TDI S Line Daytona Grey with Comfort Pack and SD Sat Nav. LOVE IT !!!!!

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo1 View Post
    Whereabouts do you mean? In the option to use the GPS, all I get is GPS or manual, there's no option anywhere that I could see that referred to BST or daylight savings time.
    Menu -> Time (Top Left Softkey) and it's half way down, just below GPS or manual named man.sum.time.
    2013 A3 Sportback 2.0TDi 150 S-Line - Daytona Grey, B&O, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, SD Nav, Hill Hold Assist.
    2010 A4 2.0TDi 170 S Line | 2008 Golf GT Sport 140 | 2008 S3 | 2005 A3 2.0TDi 140 S Line | 2003 TT 225 | 1998 A4 2.8 Quattro

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mjcourtney View Post
    Yeah mine did the same. Using the GPS clock doesn't adjust for BST. There is a seperate setting underneath this option that says 'manual adjust for BST', this was set to 'no' - so I assumed this meant it should do it automatically. However, I just changed this to yes and low and behold it corrected itself forward one hour.

Seems slightly counter intuitive.

just checked the time in the car and followed your note and time now showing as it should
    A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI Sport in Monsoon Grey with added extras - 5 arm 'kinetic' design wheels, comfort pack, audi sound system, storage and luggage pack, SD Satnav and Interior Light Pack.

6th Gear

Status
    Ok, welcome to the Twilight Zone - this is all I get:

3rd Gear

Status
    The option is definitely missing. On mine, it's the fourth one down.

Have you tried switching to manual and then back? Possibly MMI reset to see if it cures?
    2013 A3 Sportback 2.0TDi 150 S-Line - Daytona Grey, B&O, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, SD Nav, Hill Hold Assist.
    2010 A4 2.0TDi 170 S Line | 2008 Golf GT Sport 140 | 2008 S3 | 2005 A3 2.0TDi 140 S Line | 2003 TT 225 | 1998 A4 2.8 Quattro

1st Gear

Status
    Vertigo, what options do you have in time zone?

6th Gear

Status
    I'll go try resetting it now and flicking it to manual and back. Will check time zone settings but sure there wasn't anything in there about BST.

6th Gear

Status
    Still no joy. There are no summer time settings anywhere. Changing to manual and back to GPS had no effect nor changed the options. Resetting the MMI did nothing either.

Thing is, I'm sure I've seen this option before cause I was messing with it when I first got the car in the last week of BST in 2012 to try to solve the DAB programme issue.

I'll be dropping into the dealer to ask what on earth is going on and why this option is missing.

1st Gear

Status
    Does it make any difference if the engine is running... Did you just have the ignition on?

I think some options are not available if the car is moving?

3rd Gear

Status
    I wonder if anyone with Tech Pack could check their software version number to compare to yours. Could it be related to the software update you had recently?

6th Gear

Status
    Just started the ignition, engine wasn't running. Know you need the ignition on for some stuff but whether the engine is running shouldn't matter I don't think. The options were same earlier when I tried it and the engine was running then so...

5th Gear

Status
    Hmmm, does seem odd its not on yours. Maybe you did need that update after all!

1st Gear

Status
    Just checked my vehicle. The Man. sum. time setting was set to off, but as soon as I switched it on, it went to the correct time!

Photo:

5th Gear

Status
    Yep that's the same screen on mine. Vertigo, i'd take that screen shot to the dealer and ask them to find your missing options!

1st Gear

Status
    Dealer response will probably be its just "a feature" of the Tech pack... unless its an older software version!!?

Notice also how my bluetooth symbol and strength indicator is beside the time in the middle of the display, whereas in Vertigo's photo they are over at the right hand side... hmmmm

Reverse Gear

Status
    I had the same problem last Autumn as I bought mine a few days before the clocks went back. I eventually figured out how to do it. I'm ill in bed with a bug, but will have a look tomorrow and see if I can help.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordo77 View Post
    Dealer response will probably be its just "a feature" of the Tech pack... unless its an older software version!!?
    mjcourtney has the Tech Pack and he has the option though.

Frankly they can try to come up with any excuse they like - the fact remains that I need the option in order to use GPS but have the correct time, unless I cheat by setting the time zone to one an hour ahead, which isn't acceptable to me.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhugh View Post
    I had the same problem last Autumn as I bought mine a few days before the clocks went back. I eventually figured out how to do it. I'm ill in bed with a bug, but will have a look tomorrow and see if I can help.
    If you could that'd be great thanks

1st Gear

Status
    How can we check the software version?

6th Gear

Status
    It's in the same menu as the Time settings - top right soft button is Setup MMI and there's an option in there for software version.

1st Gear

Status
    It's in the same menu as the Time settings - top right soft button is Setup MMI and there's an option in there for software version.
    This is the version I'm currently on...

3rd Gear

Status
    This is the version I'm currently on...

Is yours Tech Pack or SD Nav though? I think the software versions are different.

1st Gear

Status
    SD Sat Nav, yes.

6th Gear

Status
    Yeah thanks for that but, as hitchy says, the numbers are all totally different on the Tech Pack.

1st Gear

Status
    Vertigo ,

I have the tech pack and my clock was not set to BST . I went into the time menu and set the manual summer time and correct time was shown on screen and on DIS

photos attached , mine is the SB though

chester
    Attached Images Attached Images

Neutral

Status
    Mine also the same as Chesters, but the right way up

I guess in 6 months time we will have to go back in and change Manual Summer Time back to off. I see in the manual some vehicles have another option for Auto Summertime. I imagine this is for Audi connect maybe.
    A3 Sportback 1.8TFSI S-Line S-Tronic, Daytona Grey, Alum Roof Rails, Tech pack, Comfort pack, Adaptive cruise, Int light pack, Audi sound, DAB, Folding mirrors, Reversable luggage mat, 5yr warranty.

5th Gear

Status
    Yeah my tech pack screen and MMI software version are the same as Chester's too.

6th Gear

Status
    Yep, same version numbers here, I just don't have the summer time option - it's totally missing.

Going to pop into the dealers tomorrow and ask them to set summer time on my car. They'll think "oh bless him what a noob, I'll go show him where the option is". I'll then laugh at them as they try to find an option that isn't there

1st Gear

Status
    Hmmm the same software version...? Anything to do with regional/language settings...? This seems very strange.

Neutral

Status

Going to pop into the dealers tomorrow and ask them to set summer time on my car. They'll think "oh bless him what a noob, I'll go show him where the option is". I'll then laugh at them as they try to find an option that isn't there
    And that's just the moment that the option amazingly reappears
    A3 Sportback 1.8TFSI S-Line S-Tronic, Daytona Grey, Alum Roof Rails, Tech pack, Comfort pack, Adaptive cruise, Int light pack, Audi sound, DAB, Folding mirrors, Reversable luggage mat, 5yr warranty.

5th Gear

Status
    Make sure they don't just change your time zone

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mjcourtney View Post
    Make sure they don't just change your time zone
    I actually expect them to try to fob me off by changing the time zone to somewhere in Europe that's an hour ahead. I will absolutely NOT accept that as a solution and will tell them to call Audi to work out why the dedicated option isn't there.

1st Gear

Status
    They are more likely to just advance the hour!

6th Gear

Status
    They are more likely to just advance the hour!
    Well they can't do that without switching it from GPS to manual time which is also obviously unnacceptable.

Reverse Gear

Status
    I'm not sure if its related, but my dealer rang me this week and told me there was an MMI recall update pending and booked it in for next week. I'll ask when it's dropped off whether its connected to this BST issue (which incidentally mine also failed to change even when the 'manual option' was set to no.)

1st Gear

Status

Ok, BST...

Toby - I reckon it's a software update thing. The Sportbacks have clearly been built much more recently so have the latest software. Your 3 door probably needs an update to add the option back in (thoug that doesn't explain howit disappeared in the first place, if you reckon it was there previously!).

My money is on them upgrading your MMI - let's hope it doesn't screw up anything else - still early days for the 8V I guess!
    2013 A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI S-Line
    Phantom Black Pearl | Heated Nappa Leather | B&O | Technology Pack | Comfort Pack | Interior Lighting Pack | Parking System Plus | DAB | Alu Roof rails | Elec folding mirrors | Mono.pur | Rear Side Airbags | Elec lumbar
    |

SOLD 2007 A6 Avant 2.7 TDI Le Mans quattro
    Daytona Grey | Leather | MMI High | Bluetooth | Adaptive Xenons | BOSE | DAB | Heated F&R | AMI | Parking F&R | Storage Pack | Visibility Pack | Interior Light Pack |

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast