Monster MotorsportSky Insurance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 43
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Hill Assist / Hill Hold Assist

  1. #1
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    557

    Hill Assist / Hill Hold Assist

    I thought I'd clarify this to help anyone thinking of adding the option to their order. I couldn't get much sense from my local Audi dealer when I placed my order.

    I believe all A3s come with Hill Assist which holds the car for a few seconds to avoid roll back when moving off from standstill.

    Hill Hold Assist is an optional extra and indefinitely holds the car when you come to a standstill. When active (there's a button next to the parking brake switch), every time you stop and firmly press the brake pedal it activates and shows a green handbrake light on the dash. This works particularly well in stop-start traffic, exiting busy motorway slip roads or approaching roundabouts. Just like the parking brake, it auto-releases when you move off again. A light touch of the brake pedal doesn't activate it, meaning you can creep out of junctions etc. if necessary.

    It also automatically applies the full parking brake when you remove your seatbelt or switch off the ignition, with a red handbrake indicator lamp on the dash. In fact, it removes the need to use the parking brake switch entirely as it automates the whole process.

    When you re-start your car, it remembers the last setting meaning you don't have to re-activate it every time you drive off (if only stop-start would do the same!)

    I hope this helps people make an informed decision.
    2013 A3 Sportback 2.0TDi 150 S-Line - Daytona Grey, B&O, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, SD Nav, Hill Hold Assist.
    2010 A4 2.0TDi 170 S Line | 2008 Golf GT Sport 140 | 2008 S3 | 2005 A3 2.0TDi 140 S Line | 2003 TT 225 | 1998 A4 2.8 Quattro


  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Belfast
    Posts
    230
    Was wondering about this the other day actually because I noticed, as you said, that my normal 8v was holding for me on hill starts anyway.

  4. #3
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Brighton
    Posts
    8
    I too have hold assist and apart from releasing the handbrake initially I find I don't have to touch it at any other time.

    Finding it really useful.

    Cheers.
    Ordered: Audi A3 Sportback S-Line 2.0TDi, Daytona grey, panoramic sunroof, aluminium roof rails, tech pack, comfort pack, alcantara, hold assist, Audi sound system, interior light package, deselect Sport suspension - Delivery APRIL 2013

  5. #4
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    557
    I'm loving it more and more. I haven't touched the parking brake switch in a week. It releases seamlessly off my driveway, holds at every junction then as soon as I take off my seatbelt the main parking brake comes on.

    Genius!

    I'm still at the stage where I double/triple check that the red light is on though before jumping out.
    2013 A3 Sportback 2.0TDi 150 S-Line - Daytona Grey, B&O, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, SD Nav, Hill Hold Assist.
    2010 A4 2.0TDi 170 S Line | 2008 Golf GT Sport 140 | 2008 S3 | 2005 A3 2.0TDi 140 S Line | 2003 TT 225 | 1998 A4 2.8 Quattro


  6. #5
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    57
    all sounding good. thanks.

  7. #6
    mjc
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    28
    Nice post hittchy

    If Audi UK had used your description in the price list, I would of probably added this to my vehicle. The price list makes it sound like you have to activate it by button on every journey which made me think 'I might as well not bother, I'll just use the elec parking brake', whereas you explain it remembers the last setting and automatically applies the elec parking brake when switching off the ignition – nice. I did consider it at the time of ordering, I even asked a Salesman for clarification and he seemed clueless, so I left it off.

    I wonder if this could be retrofitted?
    hittchy likes this.

  8. #7
    Snake Pliskin's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    591
    Thanks for this post, it is an option I am considering.

    Just one thing though, every day two or three times I reverse into some spaces which means I take my seat belt off, open my door just to edge back the last few feet ... by the sounds of things this will cause the mechanism to put the brake on, which would actually be the last thing I want.

    In this situation it would be a pain to me, have I understood this correctly ?

    Otherwise, I really like the sound of it but just not sure it would suit me and where i park on a daily basis.
    2013 Audi S5 coupe estoril blue black edition

  9. #8
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    31
    Having the hill asist and the obvious park brake already, I don't find necessary this hill hold asist extra. I don't find it worth to pay for.

    Btw a good explanation of this extra, hittchy. Thanks for sharing
    hittchy likes this.
    Ordered: A3 SB Sport 1.4 tfsi / Amalfi white with chesnut brown seats / 17" 5-arm kinetic alloy wheels / Xenon light pack / Tech pack / B&O / Inlays mistral / Driver assistance pack

  10. #9
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    557
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Pliskin View Post
    Thanks for this post, it is an option I am considering.

    Just one thing though, every day two or three times I reverse into some spaces which means I take my seat belt off, open my door just to edge back the last few feet ... by the sounds of things this will cause the mechanism to put the brake on, which would actually be the last thing I want.

    In this situation it would be a pain to me, have I understood this correctly ?

    Otherwise, I really like the sound of it but just not sure it would suit me and where i park on a daily basis.
    Actually, I haven't checked that. I think it would activate if the hill hold assist was on. I'll try and check it our later.

    EDIT: It does activate parking brake as soon as the car is on stop and seat belt is off or door is open. You'd have to switch it off to reverse without seatbelt on.
    Last edited by hittchy; 18th April 2013 at 18:44.
    2013 A3 Sportback 2.0TDi 150 S-Line - Daytona Grey, B&O, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, SD Nav, Hill Hold Assist.
    2010 A4 2.0TDi 170 S Line | 2008 Golf GT Sport 140 | 2008 S3 | 2005 A3 2.0TDi 140 S Line | 2003 TT 225 | 1998 A4 2.8 Quattro


  11. #10
    mjc
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    28
    Snake Pliskin

    Sounds like the Reversing Camera would be a good option, had one on my Golf Mk6, useful in tight spaces.

  12. #11
    pluves1's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    222
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Pliskin View Post
    Thanks for this post, it is an option I am considering.

    Just one thing though, every day two or three times I reverse into some spaces which means I take my seat belt off, open my door just to edge back the last few feet ... by the sounds of things this will cause the mechanism to put the brake on, which would actually be the last thing I want.

    In this situation it would be a pain to me, have I understood this correctly ?

    Otherwise, I really like the sound of it but just not sure it would suit me and where i park on a daily basis.
    Can't believe people still do this. Get yourself parking sensors and learn to use your wing mirrors. Do you also put your arm round the passenger seat when reversing?
    Now

    MY10 BMW 335d Touring (Sapphire Black)


    MY10 S3 Sportback (Sprint Blue)



    Previously
    06 BMW 330d M Sport Touring Le Mans Blue with Black leather, Phone Prep

  13. #12
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    33
    have you noticed if the engine's start/stop system works while the hold assist is activated?

  14. #13
    Snake Pliskin's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    591
    Quote Originally Posted by pluves1 View Post
    Can't believe people still do this. Get yourself parking sensors and learn to use your wing mirrors. Do you also put your arm round the passenger seat when reversing?

    Wing mirrors nothing to do with it - they are for alignment in parking space (not gap behind the car) and no issue there.

    Park sensors do not have any effect when parking up to a kerb with a path behind it, which I like to be aligned to also ... does my head in when I see cars with their entire nose or rear end over the path and wheels butted up to the kerb
    Last edited by Snake Pliskin; 23rd April 2013 at 16:59.
    2013 Audi S5 coupe estoril blue black edition

  15. #14
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    557
    Quote Originally Posted by drtav13 View Post
    have you noticed if the engine's start/stop system works while the hold assist is activated?
    Yes - it works as normal. Pressing the brake engages auto hold, disengaging gear and releasing clutch engages start stop. Then sit back with feet off both pedals without having to switch anything.

    The A3 also seems much quicker to get moving again from hold assist / stop start than my A4 is.
    2013 A3 Sportback 2.0TDi 150 S-Line - Daytona Grey, B&O, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, SD Nav, Hill Hold Assist.
    2010 A4 2.0TDi 170 S Line | 2008 Golf GT Sport 140 | 2008 S3 | 2005 A3 2.0TDi 140 S Line | 2003 TT 225 | 1998 A4 2.8 Quattro


  16. #15
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by hittchy View Post
    I thought I'd clarify this to help anyone thinking of adding the option to their order. I couldn't get much sense from my local Audi dealer when I placed my order.

    I believe all A3s come with Hill Assist which holds the car for a few seconds to avoid roll back when moving off from standstill.

    Hill Hold Assist is an optional extra and indefinitely holds the car when you come to a standstill. When active (there's a button next to the parking brake switch), every time you stop and firmly press the brake pedal it activates and shows a green handbrake light on the dash. This works particularly well in stop-start traffic, exiting busy motorway slip roads or approaching roundabouts. Just like the parking brake, it auto-releases when you move off again. A light touch of the brake pedal doesn't activate it, meaning you can creep out of junctions etc. if necessary.

    It also automatically applies the full parking brake when you remove your seatbelt or switch off the ignition, with a red handbrake indicator lamp on the dash. In fact, it removes the need to use the parking brake switch entirely as it automates the whole process.

    When you re-start your car, it remembers the last setting meaning you don't have to re-activate it every time you drive off (if only stop-start would do the same!)

    I hope this helps people make an informed decision.
    Hi, i have the hill hold assist function in my 8V 6 speed, which works well if i stopped for lights and stop/start. But it seems that every time i switch off ignition and switch on again(by turning the key), i need to press the parking brake to release the car rather than just drive off as normal. Do you observe the same?

  17. #16
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    557
    Quote Originally Posted by yangdennis View Post
    Hi, i have the hill hold assist function in my 8V 6 speed, which works well if i stopped for lights and stop/start. But it seems that every time i switch off ignition and switch on again(by turning the key), i need to press the parking brake to release the car rather than just drive off as normal. Do you observe the same?
    No, I just drive off. As long as the door is closed and seat belt is on it works seamlessly every time for me.
    2013 A3 Sportback 2.0TDi 150 S-Line - Daytona Grey, B&O, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, SD Nav, Hill Hold Assist.
    2010 A4 2.0TDi 170 S Line | 2008 Golf GT Sport 140 | 2008 S3 | 2005 A3 2.0TDi 140 S Line | 2003 TT 225 | 1998 A4 2.8 Quattro


  18. #17
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by hittchy View Post
    No, I just drive off. As long as the door is closed and seat belt is on it works seamlessly every time for me.
    Thanks for reply, when you drive off, on the indicator panel, is the park symbol P in red or green? Does it work for reverse as well?

  19. #18
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    557
    Quote Originally Posted by yangdennis View Post
    Thanks for reply, when you drive off, on the indicator panel, is the park symbol P in red or green? Does it work for reverse as well?
    Yes - works in any gear, even pulling off driveway in second gear. I haven't used the parking brake since taking delivery!

    It's red when pulling off, green when I stop at junctions etc. but will turn red if I turn off ignition, take off seatbelt or open door.
    2013 A3 Sportback 2.0TDi 150 S-Line - Daytona Grey, B&O, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, SD Nav, Hill Hold Assist.
    2010 A4 2.0TDi 170 S Line | 2008 Golf GT Sport 140 | 2008 S3 | 2005 A3 2.0TDi 140 S Line | 2003 TT 225 | 1998 A4 2.8 Quattro


  20. #19
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by hittchy View Post
    Yes - works in any gear, even pulling off driveway in second gear. I haven't used the parking brake since taking delivery!

    It's red when pulling off, green when I stop at junctions etc. but will turn red if I turn off ignition, take off seatbelt or open door.
    Thanks for replying. hmmm, interesting, yesterday, when i try to reverse, it stalled rather than let go. Do you need to put foot on break, or just clutch and gas?

  21. #20
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    557
    Quote Originally Posted by yangdennis View Post
    Thanks for replying. hmmm, interesting, yesterday, when i try to reverse, it stalled rather than let go. Do you need to put foot on break, or just clutch and gas?
    Just light gas and ease out clutch - it should release. If you haven't put seat belt on it'll refuse to release though.
    2013 A3 Sportback 2.0TDi 150 S-Line - Daytona Grey, B&O, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, SD Nav, Hill Hold Assist.
    2010 A4 2.0TDi 170 S Line | 2008 Golf GT Sport 140 | 2008 S3 | 2005 A3 2.0TDi 140 S Line | 2003 TT 225 | 1998 A4 2.8 Quattro


  22. #21
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by hittchy View Post
    Just light gas and ease out clutch - it should release. If you haven't put seat belt on it'll refuse to release though.
    Seat belt is definitely on. Maybe i will try again tomorrow. Is the release as smooth as, say, when you drive off from waiting for a light? It felt very reluctant yesterday when I try to drive off and then it stalled.

  23. #22
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    557
    Yes. It's completely smooth.

    If your problem continues, may be worth asking the dealer to take a look at it.
    2013 A3 Sportback 2.0TDi 150 S-Line - Daytona Grey, B&O, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, SD Nav, Hill Hold Assist.
    2010 A4 2.0TDi 170 S Line | 2008 Golf GT Sport 140 | 2008 S3 | 2005 A3 2.0TDi 140 S Line | 2003 TT 225 | 1998 A4 2.8 Quattro


  24. #23
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    22
    How does the Hold Assist technically work? Does it use the same brake pads that the "foot brake" uses? Or does it use the separate brake pads of the parking brake?

  25. #24
    Brodster's Avatar
    Shark Performance In Scotland

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Scottish Borders
    Posts
    3,209

    My Social Networking

    Follow Brodster On Twitter Add Brodster on Facebook
    It uses the normal braking system by applying slight pressure to the brake pistons. Once the HHA is activated if you put your foot on the brake pedal you will feel the pedal go real hard just like when the ignition is off.
    Angelwax/BBS/BCS/Bilstein/Cobra/CTS Turbo/H&R/K-Sport/KW/Loba/Milltek/Shark Performance/Oz Racing/VCDS/Wagner

  26. #25
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    SouthWest
    Posts
    54
    I got the demo car today and this feature work smoothly and remembers its enabled even after using the key. For £90 I'll be ordering it on mine.

  27. #26
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    11
    good news, got mine working today. Very pleased. Turns out that i need to add a notch or two more pressure on the gas pedal. All working fine now. Thanks for all the replies.

  28. #27
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Posts
    4
    Hi does anybody have this fitted to an A3 with an stronic / dsg box. Was curious to know what would happen when both are fitted as the start stop will kill the engine on depression of the brake with an stronic but will restart when the brake is released only now the hill hold should stop the car from moving. I can see the engine cycling through a series of starts as the brake is depressed and engine stopped then released to let the HHA do its job. Was going to get the stronic with HHA but don't I don't what the engine stopping for the half second whilst I engage the HHA

  29. #28
    Sandra's Avatar
    MODERATOR

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    14,332
    Quote Originally Posted by stathej View Post
    Hi does anybody have this fitted to an A3 with an stronic / dsg box. Was curious to know what would happen when both are fitted as the start stop will kill the engine on depression of the brake with an stronic but will restart when the brake is released only now the hill hold should stop the car from moving. I can see the engine cycling through a series of starts as the brake is depressed and engine stopped then released to let the HHA do its job. Was going to get the stronic with HHA but don't I don't what the engine stopping for the half second whilst I engage the HHA
    Welcome to audi-sport.net. Any pics of your car? For local meets with members in your area, click the link below. Enjoy the forum. x

    Yorkshire & Humberside
    Smaller (Local) Events
    Audi-Sport.net online magazine.
    Audi-sport.net Lanyards & Stickers
    To find Audi-Sport-Net members with VCDS check out the MAP.





  30. #29
    97catalunya's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Southend-on-sea
    Posts
    538
    Quote Originally Posted by stathej View Post
    Hi does anybody have this fitted to an A3 with an stronic / dsg box. Was curious to know what would happen when both are fitted as the start stop will kill the engine on depression of the brake with an stronic but will restart when the brake is released only now the hill hold should stop the car from moving. I can see the engine cycling through a series of starts as the brake is depressed and engine stopped then released to let the HHA do its job. Was going to get the stronic with HHA but don't I don't what the engine stopping for the half second whilst I engage the HHA
    I was wondering about HHA with S-Tronic?
    I currently have an old school auto and never use the handbrake, I just put it in drive or park. With S-Tronic will I have to put the handbrake on and will I roll back on hills when going from the foot brake to the throttle?
    A3 S-Line 1.8TFSI S-Tronic Daytona Grey, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Parking System Plus with reversing cam, HHA, Folding Mirrors, Interior Lighting Pack, Advanced Key

  31. #30
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,805
    Presumably the engine restarts when you hit the accelerator instead of releasing the brake or something like that? Could imagine that causing a bit of lag though...
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

  32. #31
    97catalunya's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Southend-on-sea
    Posts
    538
    Quote Originally Posted by cemerson View Post
    Presumably the engine restarts when you hit the accelerator instead of releasing the brake or something like that? Could imagine that causing a bit of lag though...
    On the car I test drove the engine restarted as you start to lift your foot from the brake and is running before my foot had touched the accelerator, quite smooth actually.
    A3 S-Line 1.8TFSI S-Tronic Daytona Grey, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Parking System Plus with reversing cam, HHA, Folding Mirrors, Interior Lighting Pack, Advanced Key

  33. #32
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,805
    Yeh, I drove a Q3 with the same thing once, but it's a good point about the hill hold and how it would work
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

  34. #33
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    5
    On the VW Golf Mk7 with DSG, the hill hold assist comes on once the vehicle comes to a stop. If your foot is still on the brake, the engine also stops. You can then take your foot off the brake and the hold assist remains on. When you're ready to go a gentle squeeze of the throttle restarts the engine and, as the vehicle starts to move off, the hold assist releases. It's magic, and very easy to get used to.

    Hope this is helpful - may be similar on the Audi.

  35. #34
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Posts
    4
    Handydave I hope the sequence of events you describe is correct as I have just ordered an A3 Saloon with HAA and the 1.4 cod engine. With no manual box options other than the diesel I hope the car stays shut down until the throttle is pressed.

    Quizzing the salesman was next to pointless as he and all the other salesmen had no experience of the two in the same car despite the fact that it must be quite a popular option.

  36. #35
    MT3
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    27
    Test drove the 1.8 A3 on tuesday with the s-tronic and it behaved exactly as Handydave has explained above, really easy to use and a real bonus whilst driving through slow moving traffic in town.

  37. #36
    A3sportbackMark's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Berkshire uk
    Posts
    710
    Quote Originally Posted by Handydave View Post
    On the VW Golf Mk7 with DSG, the hill hold assist comes on once the vehicle comes to a stop. If your foot is still on the brake, the engine also stops. You can then take your foot off the brake and the hold assist remains on. When you're ready to go a gentle squeeze of the throttle restarts the engine and, as the vehicle starts to move off, the hold assist releases. It's magic, and very easy to get used to.

    Hope this is helpful - may be similar on the Audi.
    I also test drove a golf mk7 with hill assist and it behaved as described above - a dream to drive. Just after I drove the Audi ( foolishly expecting the same behaviour) and rolled back at the traffic lights after the engine stopped! I don't think the audi dealer was too impressed.I have ordered hill assist in the Audi.
    1st sept 2013 collection, proudly owning:
    A3 Sportback SE 1.6 TDI, scuba blue, folding mirrors, hill assist, SD sat nav, Xenon light package.

  38. #37
    97catalunya's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Southend-on-sea
    Posts
    538
    Quote Originally Posted by MT3 View Post
    Test drove the 1.8 A3 on tuesday with the s-tronic and it behaved exactly as Handydave has explained above, really easy to use and a real bonus whilst driving through slow moving traffic in town.
    How did you find the 1.8 S-Tronic? I have one on order but never got to test drive with that engine. I had to drive the 150ps 2.0 TDI and it just didn't feel nippy enough, does the extra 30ps in the 1.8 make the difference?


    Oh and by the way thanks to all your advise HHA now added to the order
    A3 S-Line 1.8TFSI S-Tronic Daytona Grey, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Parking System Plus with reversing cam, HHA, Folding Mirrors, Interior Lighting Pack, Advanced Key

  39. #38
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,805
    Quote Originally Posted by MT3 View Post
    Test drove the 1.8 A3 on tuesday with the s-tronic and it behaved exactly as Handydave has explained above, really easy to use and a real bonus whilst driving through slow moving traffic in town.
    Is this the cause of the lag on the s-tronic that everyone is complaining about on here?
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

  40. #39
    97catalunya's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Southend-on-sea
    Posts
    538
    Quote Originally Posted by cemerson View Post
    Is this the cause of the lag on the s-tronic that everyone is complaining about on here?
    I was wondering about this? If so easy cure if your negotiating roundabouts etc, either turn off stop start or hill hold.
    A3 S-Line 1.8TFSI S-Tronic Daytona Grey, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Parking System Plus with reversing cam, HHA, Folding Mirrors, Interior Lighting Pack, Advanced Key

  41. #40
    MT3
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by 97catalunya View Post
    How did you find the 1.8 S-Tronic? I have one on order but never got to test drive with that engine. I had to drive the 150ps 2.0 TDI and it just didn't feel nippy enough, does the extra 30ps in the 1.8 make the difference?


    Oh and by the way thanks to all your advise HHA now added to the order
    The 1.8 is a really good engine with lots of torque and a dream when paired up with the s-tronic box, i have only driven a 1.4 manual prior to this to be fair so the jump in power is definitely there.

    Yoy will not be disappointed i can assure you. Enjoy the car

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Hill Hold Assist VCDS Mod
    By Silky-S3 in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 93
    Last Post: 26th January 2014, 22:22
  2. Hill Hold Assist enabling with VCDS
    By digon in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 27th December 2012, 18:45
  3. Hold Assist
    By Jeff777LUFC in forum New A3/S3 (8V Chassis)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 14th December 2012, 07:20
  4. a5 hold assist.
    By johnmandy in forum A5/S5/RS5 Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 9th April 2012, 00:54
  5. Hill assist
    By johnmandy in forum Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 8th April 2012, 10:05

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO