Chris NottSky Insurance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Hill Assist / Hill Hold Assist

MT3
    Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cemerson View Post
    Is this the cause of the lag on the s-tronic that everyone is complaining about on here?
    The model i drove did not have hill hold as far as i know and yes i did notice a slight hesitation when pulling off from a standstill, mentioned this to the dealer and he said that by putting slight pressure on the accelerator pedal but not enough to make it move it reduces the lag when you do eventually move off, almost like preselecting/loading a gear before changing. Hope this helps and it would not put me off buying this engine/box combo IMHO.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Maybe the start/stop works on the accelerator rather than the brake for all s-tronic boxes whether it has hill hold or not?
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MT3 View Post
    The 1.8 is a really good engine with lots of torque and a dream when paired up with the s-tronic box, i have only driven a 1.4 manual prior to this to be fair so the jump in power is definitely there.

Yoy will not be disappointed i can assure you. Enjoy the car
    Perfect thank you always worry when no one else seems to go for the option. Having come from a Subaru Impreza and a 4.7ltr Jeep I wanted to combine the comfort and luxury of the Jeep with the sportiness of the Subaru, I know it won't be as quick still but it will be just as much fun, oh but without the 11mpg

When test driving I didn't notice at what point exactly the engine kicked back in, it was so quick as so seamless I presumed it was when lifting the brake. It apparently takes 0.2 seconds to fire up!
    A3 S-Line 1.8TFSI S-Tronic Daytona Grey, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Parking System Plus with reversing cam, HHA, Folding Mirrors, Interior Lighting Pack, Advanced Key

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12