2014 Audi S3 Sedan: This Is It

J.R.

"Started From The Bottom"
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
S3_009_0-sm.jpg

You'd naturally assume that the 2015 Audi S3 is a scorching hatch, but it doesn't have to be. Meet the newest Audi sedans, the A3 and S3. Audi touts its newest A-segment offerings by cranking up the hyperbolic platitudes, calling the A3 a car that "breaks the boundaries and raises the bar" for entry-level luxury sedans.
S3_010_0-sm.jpg

Apparently, "raising the bar" means "looking like a smaller version of your other sedans," because the A3 and S3 do just that. It's not bad, and the A3 sedan is nearly a dimensional dead ringer for the first A4 we all fell hard for back in the '90s. That comparison has no actual bearing on the A3 being great, or failing spectacularly, but at least you know how much space to clear in your garage.
Every car company claims to set the standard for everyone else, but the A3 will carry the family nose into this space, plus an interior that's like a Manhattan walk-up taste of the A8's mansion of awesome. Audi touts standard leather, the latest LED bedazzling, and tech like the latest-generation of MMI with a 7" screen driven by an NVIDIA Tegra graphics processor, apparently a big deal if you're into cars that are like tablets. Audi has made much of its WiFi and app integration, so the car really is like a German iPad with a very elaborate car-shaped carrying case.
S3_012_0-sm.jpg

You'd expect an Audi to stick to the ground without being stuck to the ground. A new platform pushes the front wheels out by an inch and a half, and those wheels are directed by an electromechanical steering system. Fuel is consumed by four engine choices. A3s get a 170hp 1.8 liter TFSI four, or you can play eco-marauder with a 150hp 2.0 TDI. The top A3 engine is a 2.0TFSI, and going for the S3 is a high-output 2.0 TFSI affair. Horsepower for the 2.0s will be released later, so all we have right now are vague promises.
S3_005-sm.jpg

After all that, if you haven't looked at the pictures and been completely smitten with the chisel-sharp good looks and yearned to be alone with the quilted leather seats, there's something wrong with you.
0302014audis3.jpg

Last edited:
Me too ....I'm loving the alloy wheels and the rear :wub:

wow.... Love it.... many thanks for posting. Very 3 series IMHO

Looks perfect to me.....there is a video on Audimedia.tv as well.

Glad they are doing the S3.......now lets hope they do the RS3 as well..!!

Coupe version please... (Like before my car goes to build).

I'm in :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
Only thing I don't like is the huge wheel/wheelarch gap on the car in the video......drop it another 20mm and it would look and sit sooooooo much better .

I like it, it's gorgeous however I don't like the way Audi are going with the front grilles not being complete because of that front end camera, just looks idiotic to me.

oh no no no ... that reminds me of a Vauxhall Tigra.

Does not suit a coupe shape ... that will remain the TT's domain.

Hatch or Saloon ... both those look cool !

each to their own, I'd love a car that looked something like that. Really not seeing the Tigra comparison - Tigra is based on a Corsa. I don't think the A1 would work as a coupe as, like the tigra, it would be too short and small.

BMW 1 series looked best in its 2 door guise and I'm sure the 2 series will look better than the current 1 series.

Does not suit a coupe shape ... that will remain the TT's domain.

Ah, but the TT is entirely impractical when you have kids. The A3 would be a full 4 seat coupe. The A3 Convertible seemed to be a resounding success even though the TT Roadster was well established.

I don't like the TT so I would never be a TT buyer. I would be convinced to shell out a bit more dosh for an A3 coupe though.

I don't like the TT so I would never be a TT buyer. I would be convinced to shell out a bit more dosh for an A3 coupe though.

I'd buy one too. Done the TT thing years back before kids. If they can produce a mini A5, count me in.

I think with the raked rear roof line of an A3 coupe it would be mega tight in the back.
Rear seats in an A5 are not exactly roomy so a smaller car would worsen the issue.
Nice idea for those that like the sound of an A3 coupe but just can't see the proportions working.
As great as the TT is, totally agree it is not a family friendly car, even if the coupe does have rear seats.

It would have the same room in the back as the new cabriolet will have. Not room enough for a 6ft adult but fine for a few kids.

What am I even on about... I don't have kids. Bring on the coupe!!!

1 series coupe isn't particularly bad in the back and Audi don't yet have a direct competitor to it. I can see some mileage in it if it does make it to production.

judging by the amount I see on the road, I imagine the 1-series coupe is a decent seller.

Gotta remember a lot of people who buy the A3 are business users or young professionals. Many won't care about the practicalities as they won't have kids or have another car for the kids. They might not want or be able to afford a decent TT either.

I suppose it boils down to how many variants Audi are prepared to sell.

Wonder if we will see an A3 estate :)

ha! That'll be the day.

They have an advantage in that they have other VAG brands to branch out with. BMW and Mercedes don't really have that luxury. The only model they don't have something to compete with is the 1 series coupe (or soon to be released 2 series).

It is good that Audi are giving is such a wide range of cars and variants.
It is a brand you can move on with and find a car to suit your needs.
I've been with Audi since 2008 and haven't looked back, it's a fantastic brand.

And to think I nearly ordered a new A class last week, think I'm in love with tht S3

Now that looks awsome!!

I hope they do the next RS3 in the Saloon version.

Anyone else think those seats are ......

Frickin' amazing !!!!!

Can anyone do some photoshops of sepang blue sprint blue and white