Badger5Chris Nott
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hittchy

Thread: New Golf MK7 GTD Prices announced - not bad !

Neutral

Status

New Golf MK7 GTD Prices announced - not bad !

Hi guys, I know this is a Audi forum, but thought a few of you might be interested in the new Golf 7 GTD who's price list has just been uploaded.

It has all the kit the GT model has apparently with the following (main bits) of kit built into the price

18" x 7.5" Nogaro Alloy Wheels
    GTD Sports Suspension lowered by 15mm
    Bi Xenon Headlights with LED daytime running lights
    GTD Body kit
    LED Smoked rear lights
    Front Fog lights incorporating LED technology
    Illuminated door sill protectors
    Stainless Steel Pedal Sets
    2 Zone full Climate Control
    Progressive Steering

And don't forget, a 184bhp Engine !

The only thing that appears to be missing from the GT model is the Navigation is dropped (presumably to pay for some of the other options), and reverts back to a non navigation version.

Standard list for a 5 Door Manual - £25,940.00

and with DSG - £27,355.00

I just specced one (for fun with the following)

GTD 5 Door DSG
    Metallic Paint
    Winter Pack (GTD)
    Discover Navigation Pro
    Dynaudio Sound package
    Colour DIS display

Total OTR - £30,585.00

Not too bad considering the A3 S-Line 2.0 TDI I've been negotiating on is nearly £33K
    Last edited by Sootchucker; 26th March 2013 at 15:18.

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    As much as I really like the Golf..... it's just a Golf.

When I had a GT Sport a few years back, I loved the car but it certainly never turned any heads. If badge and status aren't important, it's a lovely car.

Strange about the lack of standard navigation though.
    2013 A3 Sportback 2.0TDi 150 S-Line - Daytona Grey, B&O, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, SD Nav, Hill Hold Assist.
    2010 A4 2.0TDi 170 S Line | 2008 Golf GT Sport 140 | 2008 S3 | 2005 A3 2.0TDi 140 S Line | 2003 TT 225 | 1998 A4 2.8 Quattro

Neutral

Status
    Nice!

I think the GTD looks really smart, lower front bumper particularly.

Where'd you get this info from? I'd be interested to have a look.

3rd Gear

Status
    If similar discounts are available on the GTD as on other Golf models, you could be in the driving seat for around £23k. That's seriously good value as they tend to have good residuals as well.
    2013 A3 Sportback 2.0TDi 150 S-Line - Daytona Grey, B&O, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, SD Nav, Hill Hold Assist.
    2010 A4 2.0TDi 170 S Line | 2008 Golf GT Sport 140 | 2008 S3 | 2005 A3 2.0TDi 140 S Line | 2003 TT 225 | 1998 A4 2.8 Quattro

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Clewsy View Post

Where'd you get this info from? I'd be interested to have a look.
    a guy on one of the Golf forums grabbed the new price list (effective from today) when VW I think accidentally put it up today.

heres the link I downloaded it from

Wikisend: free file sharing service

2nd Gear

Status
    Got to say I think the GTD looks great....sorry for swearing! Ha ha
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-Line 150ps, Daytona Grey, Comfort Pack, Privacy Glass, SD Sat Nav, Through Load, Aluminium Pedals.

1st Gear

Status
    I notice on that price list that with any of the sat nav options they come with free map updates for three years...
    2013 Audi TT 2.0 TFSI S Line Black Edition. Misano Red.
    Amplified Black Package. Comfort Package. Technology Package. Heated Seats.

http://s1308.photobucket.com/user/xxxcorps/media/photo1_zps1e5c9a3f.jpg.html

Neutral

Status
    I've heard you don't get the Xenons or the 18" wheels in the UK (basic 17" instead).

Not quite so great if this is the case.

Neutral

Status
    Guys, just check out the online configurator! Sat nav is standard, as are 18s. I think the Xenons were too, but it's a few days since I looked.

I know I spec'd one to the same level as my (on order) Sportback S-line and it was about the same price of £27.5k, but the Golf had 184bhp plays 150bhp.

I'd say it's really good value.
    On order, due late April
    2013 A3 Sportback S-Line 2.0 TDI, Misano red, aluminium roof rials privacy glass, interior lighting pack, SD nav, B&O, comfort pack

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Clewsy View Post
    Guys, just check out the online configurator! Sat nav is standard, as are 18s. I think the Xenons were too, but it's a few days since I looked.

I know I spec'd one to the same level as my (on order) Sportback S-line and it was about the same price of £27.5k, but the Golf had 184bhp plays 150bhp.

I'd say it's really good value.
    On topic and off topic at same time......just back from gadget show in Birmingham and sat in the new fully specced up Citroen DS5, interior is loud and like watching Las Vegas illuminations,. Specs are very similar to the GTD and A3 SB 2.0TDI s-line with price range from £28 -£34k........sales dolly bird gave me all the spiel especially trying to make out they are trying to compete with BMW M series and top off the range Audi's and Mercs.............why anyone would ever buy one when they can get the GTD or A3 SB 2.0TDI s-line and still have change for a holiday beats me
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-line, - Daytona Grey, comfort pack, interior light pack , aluminium roof rails, Audi speakers, folding door mirrors, hill hold, sport suspension, no smoking pack.

Neutral

Status
    OK here's the final low down....

18" alloys and Xenons with LED DRL's ARE standard.

Sat Nav is not standard.

Give me Xenons over Sat Nav any day!

Why would anyone buy a GT when a faster, better specced and better to drive GTD is only a tad more?

Neutral

Status
    Sorry dstev, was sure I'd read nav was standard, but have double checked and you're right! I shan't be so lazy next time...!
    On order, due late April
    2013 A3 Sportback S-Line 2.0 TDI, Misano red, aluminium roof rials privacy glass, interior lighting pack, SD nav, B&O, comfort pack

Third Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by hittchy View Post
    Does it sound like golf !
    07 S3 Sprint Blue Now Sold
    12 Range Rover Evoque Dynamic Now sold
    A3 20 TDI S-Line Sportback in Daytona Grey with Aluminium Roof Rails, Fine Nappa Leather, Sat Nav, Comfort pack,Audi Sound System, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Privacy Glass, Interior Light Pack, Non Smoke Pack.

5th Gear

Status
    Chavs and drug dealers buy new golfs lol ! I'm just joking dont hurl abuse at me!

this is an Audi forum though, and I picked an Audi for my personal preference , you can get a better specd seat or vw cheaper than most similar variants audi models but for me it's the brand audi I am buying.

Sean
    Current: 2013 Audi A3 2.0 tdi s line 8V in black SD nav+ extras, E46 BMW M3, 1971 Volvo p1800, 2014 Ford transit sport 155ps ;-)

Previous : Focus st 225 stage 1 (265 bhp and too much torque), 2002 audi s3 bam engine completely OEM, 2001 Audi a3 1.8 TQS 221bhp and about 20 other cars, majority civics ek4/ek9 and Bmw / Audi soot chucker's!

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by hittchy View Post
    I'm no badge snob but this really is the Golf's biggest problem in my opinion. It's up there with the Focus and Astra in terms of ubiquity - they're simply everywhere and all the recent models looks basically the same.
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo1 View Post
    I'm no badge snob but this really is the Golf's biggest problem in my opinion. It's up there with the Focus and Astra in terms of ubiquity - they're simply everywhere and all the recent models looks basically the same.

That last part of your statement also applies to the Audi A3!

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dstev View Post
    [/I]That last part of your statement also applies to the Audi A3!
    Sorry but not a chance. The 8V looks significantly different to the 8P, despite what some people claim. The Mk7 Golf OTOH looks almost identical to the Mk6 and Mk5
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

5th Gear

Status
    This is so true! I went in to our VW dealer early Feb to ask if they had any MK7's in to take a look at, to which they replied "you're standing right next to one sir"..... refused to believe them up until I opened the door and realised that the dash was different. I can usually tell subtle differences between most model years of cars, but the Golf has always stumped me - they're such subtle changes. The new A3 (particularly with the Xenons) turns heads as your drive it down the road, I'm not sure i've ever driven a Golf that's done that.
    2013 8V Glacier White A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI S-line Mnaual
    SE Suspension, Tech Pack, B&O, Comfort Pack, Electric folding mirrors, Park Assist, TPMS, Interior Light Pack

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo1 View Post
    Sorry but not a chance. The 8V looks significantly different to the 8P, despite what some people claim. The Mk7 Golf OTOH looks almost identical to the Mk6 and Mk5
    Personally I love Golfs; always have. But I definitely would not have this one; I think it's one of the ugliest cars that VW has ever produced.
    The more MkVIIs I see on the road the more I'm convinced of this.
    2013 Audi TT 2.0 TFSI S Line Black Edition. Misano Red.
    Amplified Black Package. Comfort Package. Technology Package. Heated Seats.

http://s1308.photobucket.com/user/xxxcorps/media/photo1_zps1e5c9a3f.jpg.html

Neutral

Status
    Lol that's because Audi have only released one car since the 2003 model was launched. If you count the mk4 Golf which was still being built in 2003 then there have been 4 versions of the Golf, and the mk7 is certainly very different to the mk4. The only reason you don't think there is much of change is because VW update it so often.

5th Gear

Status
    True, 8L to 8P was probably deemed subtle to anyone that didn't own an A3. But I think 8P to 8V is more dramatic than the MK6 to MK7. But as you say, the interval between the Audi's is longer than the VWs so you would almost expect that.
    2013 8V Glacier White A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI S-line Mnaual
    SE Suspension, Tech Pack, B&O, Comfort Pack, Electric folding mirrors, Park Assist, TPMS, Interior Light Pack

3rd Gear

Status
    Lol that's because Audi have only released one car since the 2003 model was launched. If you count the mk4 Golf which was still being built in 2003 then there have been 4 versions of the Golf, and the mk7 is certainly very different to the mk4. The only reason you don't think there is much of change is because VW update it so often.
    Ah, but there haven't.

The MK6 was just a facelifted MK5 to save VW cash. Just because they tried to 'fob off' their customers by trying to pass it off as a new model doesn't make it such. Other than that, over the last 10 years or so replacement cycles have been fairly similar.

1996/7 - A3 8L and Golf 4
    2003/4 - A3 8P1 and Golf 5
    2008/9 - A3 8P2 and Golf 6 (facelift)
    2012/13 - A3 8V and Golf 7
    TDI-line likes this.

Neutral

Status
    So the same could be said for the 8p1 and 8p2 then?

Look I'm not against Audi's in any way whatsoever but go and have a look and drive of an mk7, then you'll see the real differences.

3rd Gear

Status
    So the same could be said for the 8p1 and 8p2 then?

Look I'm not against Audi's in any way whatsoever but go and have a look and drive of an mk7, then you'll see the real differences.
    Exactly. That's what I was getting at. Both 8P1 and 8P2 were facelifts as we're the MK5 and MK6. The lifecycles are nigh on identical for both cars.

I've driven three different versions of the MK7 (1.4 SE, 1.4 GT COD & 2.0TDi) but only had to drive one A3 8V to convince me which was the better car (IMO).

6th Gear

Status
    You can hardly count the Mk4 as the Mk5 was released at pretty much the same time as the A3 8P. Just because the A3 predated the Mk5 slightly doesn't mean the Mk4 can be compared as a "same generation" car.

As hitchy says, the A3 was facelifted and at least they had the decency to call it that and not try to call it a new model, which is the cynical rubbish VW tried with the Mk6. Now we have the Mk7 which looks like just another facelift with minimal styling changes, whereas the A3 8V looks totally different to the 8P, both inside and out.

Neutral

Status
    Lol I'll quit now, considering I'm on an Audi forum.

Just to put another question into the mixer, do you actually get anything with an Audi apart from the wheels and seats? I've just looked at an S Line sport back and some very basic features like cruise control, rear parking sensors and electric heated and folding mirrors are on the options list!

3rd Gear

Status
    I think most Audi drivers are happy to configure their cars with the options they want. My experience of VW is that most buyers take 'stock cars' rather than wait for factory orders. I'd put money on it that the average Audi sale has a much higher option ticket than the average VW.

There's far more choice on the Audi option list - colour choices, upgraded sound etc.

The S-Line has 18" wheels, half leather, flat bottom steering wheel, xenon headlights, different body styling. The heated mirrors are standard, but auto-folding is an option.

Chugger

Status
    I wouldn't spend that kind of money on a 8V or mk7 personally. When did hatchbacks get so pricey?!

But if I had to choose, it would be mk7. Haven't seen a nice 8V yet... But I might change my mind when the next uglier platform comes out
    57 A3 2.0 TDI Sportback (140)