Monster MotorsportChris Nott

Thread: A3 MMI System

A3 MMI System

As Audi do not make the Owners Manual available online, would it be possible for someone who already owns a new A3 to scan the section of the manual that deals with the MMI and make it available. Thanks a lot.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Could do, although on Tech Pack equipped cars (not sure about those without), it's actually a separate manual, as it was with the RNS-E in the 8P.
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

1st Gear

Status
    Why surely you should want golf details not the new a3?
    1.4 TFSI 122ps A3 SportBack. Comfort pack, Audi sound system, Daytona grey, SD Sat Nav, S line trim. Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by viperfire View Post
    Why surely you should want golf details not the new a3?
    I have already got access to the Owners Manual for the Golf but not to the one for the A3. I do still like the idea of my ninth A3 but I need to be convinced that I could cope with the MMI system. Knowing how the system worked in deatil could be very informative. I still basically prefer the idea of a touch screen but......
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

3rd Gear

Status
    Those without tech pack also have a separate manual.

If you have a good relationship with your dealer, why not just borrow one from their demonstrator?
    2013 A3 Sportback 2.0TDi 150 S-Line - Daytona Grey, B&O, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, SD Nav, Hill Hold Assist.
    2010 A4 2.0TDi 170 S Line | 2008 Golf GT Sport 140 | 2008 S3 | 2005 A3 2.0TDi 140 S Line | 2003 TT 225 | 1998 A4 2.8 Quattro

5th Gear

Status
    I did look at scanning this in, but there are a lot of pages and it would take a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by hittchy View Post
    Those without tech pack also have a separate manual.

If you have a good relationship with your dealer, why not just borrow one from their demonstrator?
    Yes I'll give my contact another ring. Last time I rang they did not have a new A3 available.

What I would like to drive is a 2.0TDI Sportback with an s-tronic . I've had a short drive Golf VII with the same spec and it would be interesting to compare both against my existing A3. I did receive an invitation to a Sportback launch event, but when I phoned they did not have any s-tronic's to try.
    Dave R (h5djr)

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by h5djr View Post
    Yes I'll give my contact another ring. Last time I rang they did not have a new A3 available.

What I would like to drive is a 2.0TDI Sportback with an s-tronic . I've had a short drive Golf VII with the same spec and it would be interesting to compare both against my existing A3. I did receive an invitation to a Sportback launch event, but when I phoned they did not have any s-tronic's to try.
    For some strange reason, S-tronics appear to be thin on the ground in Audi dealerships. You'd think at least one fairly local dealer would have ordered one in as a demo. There are some differences in software between Golf and A3 for both engine and gearbox ECU so it's worth you driving both.
    2013 A3 Sportback 2.0TDi 150 S-Line - Daytona Grey, B&O, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, SD Nav, Hill Hold Assist.
    2010 A4 2.0TDi 170 S Line | 2008 Golf GT Sport 140 | 2008 S3 | 2005 A3 2.0TDi 140 S Line | 2003 TT 225 | 1998 A4 2.8 Quattro

1st Gear

Status
    I haven't had to look at the manual once. Its all very straightforward and intuitive.