AH FabricationsEM Tuning

Thread: DPF Error today

Neutral

Status

DPF Error today

Car has 1300 miles and is a 1.6tdi just over a month old. Over the past week the fan has been on when turning the car off and had a hot smell to it. Managed to clear the message by taking it for a good run. Ill admit I've been doing short journeys but quite surprised by this. Anybody else had this issue?

Oh and also the passenger seat lifter rattles. Its not broken but i can hear it rattle on rough roads.Can I take it back to get it fixed?

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    When you say 'short journeys', how short are we talking?

And yes, if you've identified a rattle take it back to be fixed under warranty. Garages are well used to this on new cars so it won't seem picky.
    2013 8V Glacier White A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI S-line Mnaual
    SE Suspension, Tech Pack, B&O, Comfort Pack, Electric folding mirrors, Park Assist, TPMS, Interior Light Pack

Neutral

Status
    Ive had the same scenario with my A6 MY12 2.0 TDI especially after short journeys, spoke to my local car dealer about it and they said its nothing to get concerned about, its just the way they operate, I have to admit at first it was a little disconcerting...rang other Audi dealers for verification but they came back with the same message, I would suggest giving your dealer a call...never had this issue with previous BMWs, hope this may help.

Neutral

Status
    A bit of an explanation here if it helps.

DPF Technology < Owners area < Audi UK

Neutral

Status
    I've had this on my VW before. The manual says drive in 4th gear for 15 mins at 2000 revs and that clears it. It's just a build up of crap in the DPF which needs blowing out. A pain but nothing else, and yes, I also do short journeys, sometimes a few miles and less.

mjc
    Neutral

Status
    I have a 2.0 litre 150 PS TDI A3 Sport with similar mileage to yours, I occasionally hear the fans run on along with the hot smell you describe when parking up on the drive and always put it down to the DPF 'regenerating', my previous Golf Mk6 2.0 litre TDI would also do the same. The first time it happens you do tend to think there's a problem, but in my experience the process normally stops within a few minutes.

I do a fair amount of small journey's (school run etc.) between the occasional longer journeys, never had the DPF warning light on though.

Neutral

Status
    Thanks for the replies

Some days I only do 12 miles a day to and from work. After I posted this question I read this on the AA website http://i.imgur.com/KJXJeXg.gif

The rattle is tiny but bugging me so will book it in

Cheers

5th Gear

Status
    Just paste the **** out of your car for a bit ( spirited driving I mean ) :-)

most my family and friends live within 3 miles of me, so I do a lot of short journeys in my cars and I've never had any DPF problems on the 7 diesel cars I've had.

Sean
    Current: 2013 Audi A3 2.0 tdi s line 8V in black SD nav+ extras, E46 BMW M3, 1971 Volvo p1800, 2014 Ford transit sport 155ps ;-)

Previous : Focus st 225 stage 1 (265 bhp and too much torque), 2002 audi s3 bam engine completely OEM, 2001 Audi a3 1.8 TQS 221bhp and about 20 other cars, majority civics ek4/ek9 and Bmw / Audi soot chucker's!