Monster MotorsportAH Fabrications
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    6

    PCP Guaranteed Residual Values

    Hello All

    I am looking to buy an Audi A3 Sportback 1.4 COD and like the thread title says am purchasing it on a PCP.

    I got a couple of finance quotes from the dealer and was surprised that the GRV of the car after three years and 30,000 miles was the same for both the car with no options and with loads ticked. This is different to BMW as almost all options increase the GRV and therefore reduce your monthly repayments.

    Can anyone let me know if this is something they have noticed or in fact what their GRV is?

    Also, I assume that everyone is getting 6.6% APR?
    Last edited by Langer; 24th March 2013 at 23:12.

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Belfast
    Posts
    230
    I wouldn't worry about the end value. Its basically the lowest your car could potentially be worth. In the real world your car will be worth anything up to 2 or 3 grand more than the final value. I couldn't even tell you what mine is. All I'm concerned about is getting a good 'trade-in' in a couple of years time rather than paying the final value.

  4. #3
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    381
    Mine is a lease car, and I noticed that the extras didn't increase the monthly payment as much as similarly priced extras on the Golf (my second choice). I rightly or wrongly assumed it wes because the extras increased the residual more in the Audi
    Loving my
    Audi A3 Sportback, S line in Amalfi White
    comfort Pack, high beam assist, hill hold assist, folding door mirrors, interior light pack, heated front seats, sat nav -sd card based, non smoking pack, privacy glass, parking system plus.

  5. #4
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Belfast
    Posts
    230
    My A3 cost more than the similarly specced golf I looked at but the monthly price was actually cheaper. I'm assuming that was to do with the GRV but I'm really not sure.

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by deci View Post
    My A3 cost more than the similarly specced golf I looked at but the monthly price was actually cheaper. I'm assuming that was to do with the GRV but I'm really not sure.
    My wife recently purchased an Audi A1 using a PCP and the overall and monthly cost worked out cheaper than a similarly spec'd Polo. Again the dealer said it was because the A1 held is price better than a Polo.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

  7. #6
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Belfast
    Posts
    230
    Yeah I guess that makes sense. The Golf was nearly £700 cheaper on paper if memory serves but the payments worked out more. Can't recall the actual GRV though.

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by deci View Post
    Yeah I guess that makes sense. The Golf was nearly £700 cheaper on paper if memory serves but the payments worked out more. Can't recall the actual GRV though.
    Depends on the model. The same as I have at the moment - A3 2.0TDI DSG SE Sportback would be a basic cost of £23,605 and Golf
    5-door 2.0TDI DSG SE would be £23,430. One £175 pounds difference. But to bring them both up to the same spec as my existing car the A3 would required £5,759 worth of options whereas the Golf would only need £3,704, because the Golf has items as standard and some of the same options are cheaper on the Golf.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

  9. #8
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    157
    Quote Originally Posted by h5djr View Post
    Depends on the model. The same as I have at the moment - A3 2.0TDI DSG SE Sportback would be a basic cost of £23,605 and Golf
    5-door 2.0TDI DSG SE would be £23,430. One £175 pounds difference. But to bring them both up to the same spec as my existing car the A3 would required £5,759 worth of options whereas the Golf would only need £3,704, because the Golf has items as standard and some of the same options are cheaper on the Golf.
    And what were the respective PCP monthly payments of the two?

  10. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazzz View Post
    And what were the respective PCP monthly payments of the two?
    Don't know because I've not asked. The price compare was just that. As my existing A3 is only just over a year old I will not be changing for at least another couple of years. Two more years of driving an A3 that I like!
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. RS3 residual value example.......
    By robbiemac in forum RS3 Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 22nd November 2012, 14:16
  2. RS6 Resale value
    By FatBoy in forum A6/S6/Allroad forum (C5 Chassis)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 25th January 2012, 11:46
  3. Auto residual value and reliability?
    By relentless in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 17th September 2011, 11:00
  4. MY 2000 S3 Value
    By gdwood in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 27th October 2008, 21:09
  5. Diverter Values/ Dump Valves
    By Banwell in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 13th January 2003, 23:50

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO