EM TuningSky Insurance
    Reverse Gear

Status

S-Line: Standard Sport v S-Line Suspension

Hi,

Not sure weather to go with the standard sports suspension or the S-Line suspension. Interested to hear the views of anyone who's driven the latter. Also, if anyone has any photos of a 3-door S-Line with either the sports or s-line suspension then I can compare the two. Appreciate any recommendations, comments etc.

Thanks,

Barm

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    I'm coming from a Lotus Elise to the A3, and even the dealer suggested I don't go for the S-Line suspension. The consensus of the threads I've read on here recently seem to suggest the SE suspension is great for smoothing out our pot-hole-riddled roads.

I've gone for the sport suspension on my 3dr S-Line.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
    I'm coming from a Lotus Elise to the A3, and even the dealer suggested I don't go for the S-Line suspension. The consensus of the threads I've read on here recently seem to suggest the SE suspension is great for smoothing out our pot-hole-riddled roads.

I've gone for the sport suspension on my 3dr S-Line.
    Thanks Trebuchet. This car is primarily for my wife and given the type of driving she'll be doing I'm leaning towards sport. My one minor concern is the ride height. I've seen photos were people have said its S-Line suspension but I've struggled to find any for the sport (that have been confirmed anyway).

1st Gear

Status
    This is my SB with standard 17" wheels and sport suspension . I find the suspension fine just come from a Mazda 6 Sport with 18" wheels . I think the SB might ride a bit smoother than the 3dr model however
    Attached Images Attached Images

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Chester Draws View Post
    This is my SB with standard 17" wheels and sport suspension . I find the suspension fine just come from a Mazda 6 Sport with 18" wheels . I think the SB might ride a bit smoother than the 3dr model however
    Thanks for the pic. Very nice. My wife wants it in white too.

2nd Gear

Status
    I love the ride of mine, with the S-line suspension, in 3-door though.

But I like a firm ride in my cars, which is what you get with this set up!! , had an 8p SB before this with the sport suspension and was perfect all round great ride, but after trying the 8v with s-line suspension just fell in love with it, love to feel the road, even the lumps and bumps lol , and as for corners, they might as well not be there lol .

S-Line for general use if your not a fan of that type of ride, I'd say you'd get pissed off with it very quickly!

Mark.
    Audi A3 8v 2.0TDi S-Line, glacier white.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by number3 View Post
    I love the ride of mine, with the S-line suspension, in 3-door though.

But I like a firm ride in my cars, which is what you get with this set up!! , had an 8p SB before this with the sport suspension and was perfect all round great ride, but after trying the 8v with s-line suspension just fell in love with it, love to feel the road, even the lumps and bumps lol , and as for corners, they might as well not be there lol .

S-Line for general use if your not a fan of that type of ride, I'd say you'd get pissed off with it very quickly!

Mark.
    Thanks Mark. Just seen a picture of your car in another thread. Very nice. Hopefully someone can post a picture of one wih sport suspension for comparison.

1st Gear

Status
    I have the full S Line suspension on my A3 3 door and love the set up and ride quality. I would not choose anything else the driving pleasure is good and if the surface of the road is bad you will be at lower speeds anyway as with anyother vehicle.

A3, 2.0 TDI, S-Line, 6 speed manual, Scuba Blue, S-Line suspension, heated/folding mirrors, privacy glass, fine nappa leather, heated seats, light/rain sensor pack, flat tyre indicator, Purchased and supplied by Aberdeen Audi

1st Gear

Status
    I have an s-line on sports suspension. TBH, you wouldn't know the difference to look at it. If anything i reckon I could've gotten away with standard suspension. The 8V with 18" and sport suspension is less bumpy than my old sportback with 17s and sport suspension.

Neutral

Status
    I have a white s-line with the full 25mm lowered suspension. The ride is fine and looks awesome.

Neutral

Status

S-Line: Standard Sport v S-Line Suspension

Any pictures lads?

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks for the comments. Everyone seems to be happy with what they have. Think we will stick with the standard sports suspension.