AH FabricationsVolks Autos
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By squiretolley

Thread: A3 S-Line Tyres

2nd Gear

Status

A3 S-Line Tyres

Just wondered what tyres are being fitted to the 18" wheels on the s-line?

Are they Conti? What does everyone make of their performance?
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-Line 150ps, Daytona Grey, Comfort Pack, Privacy Glass, SD Sat Nav, Through Load, Aluminium Pedals.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Continental were always my favourite; that is until I fitted Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymetrics to my current car; will be very very sad to see these go with my trade in...

And yes every new S Line A3 I've seen has had Continental Sport Contact 5s installed.
    2013 Audi TT 2.0 TFSI S Line Black Edition. Misano Red.
    Amplified Black Package. Comfort Package. Technology Package. Heated Seats.

http://s1308.photobucket.com/user/xxxcorps/media/photo1_zps1e5c9a3f.jpg.html

2nd Gear

Status
    Cheers. I've been quite impressed with the Hankooks V12's fitted to my Golf.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-Line 150ps, Daytona Grey, Comfort Pack, Privacy Glass, SD Sat Nav, Through Load, Aluminium Pedals.

6th Gear

Status
    The manufacturers usually have two or three tyre suppliers they use, to avoid problems due to shortages from one supplier, and it's a lottery which make you get. My first A3 had Dunlops, the second and third had Bridgestones.

The current one came with Continental SportContact 5s, which I was happy about as they're a highly regarded tyre. I think quite a few people have had Contis on their but I'm not sure if they're all fitted with them or whether there are some other makes out there.
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

1st Gear

Status
    The SB I spotted in Edin Audi which had 18" wheels also had Continental SportContact 5s.

On the subject of tyres I'd a look at my own car and noticed it's been delivered with Pirelli Cinturato P7 ecoimpact tyres on 17" wheels......fairly happy with that based upon tyre reviews online.
    A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI Sport in Monsoon Grey with added extras - 5 arm 'kinetic' design wheels, comfort pack, audi sound system, storage and luggage pack, SD Satnav and Interior Light Pack.

1st Gear

Status
    x1 on Contis. That's what mine came with.

Neutral

Status
    My own fault but in an effort to protect my wheel whilst in a bit of a tight parking spot today i managed to slip the wheel down a curb. Luckily the alloy only has the smallest of scuffs on the edge of the rim but the tyre has a shallow cut on the wall of the tyre. Just going to get a new tyre and looking at blackcircles as they seem cheap. Its an 8V S Line so 225/40 R18 Y but on the website the two options for Conti Sport Contact 5's have different ratings for efficiency and grip. Any idea which one the original that currently fitted would be?

IMG_0354.jpg

IMG_0355.jpg

IMG_0356.jpg

Neutral

Status
    Conti's on mine...... As did the one I test drove.
    Glacier White 1.8TFSI A3 S-Line 3-door S-Tronic, Nuff said....

Reverse Gear

Status
    Continental here too.
    Audi A3 S Line SB 2.0 TDI Daytona Grey | Fine Nappa Leather, Extended Interior Finish, Comfort Pack, f/h Door Mirrors, Black Roof Rails, Tyre Pressure Sensor, Electric & Heated Seat with Lumbar Support, Technology Pack.

Neutral

Status
    Sorry i should of explained. If you had to pick from the two options available in the attached pic from the blackcircles website which do you think would be the closet match to those Conti's I currently have fitted?

Thanks.

1st Gear

Status
    Pirelli Cinturatos on mine (Sport with 17in wheels though)
    A3 1.4 Sport, S-tronic, Monsoon Grey, Comfort Pack, DAB radio, Interior lighting pack, Front Rubber Mats, Model / Engine badge deletion, Service

5th Gear

Status
    I found the same issue when trying to figure out the cost of tyres on mine (just for future reference as I don't need any at the moment... Touch wood!).

The only difference I could see in those tyres is one seemed to have a Mercedes logo in the description. I assumed they were stating they were Mercedes OEM tyres. I don't think there is any physical difference.
    2013 8V Glacier White A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI S-line Mnaual
    SE Suspension, Tech Pack, B&O, Comfort Pack, Electric folding mirrors, Park Assist, TPMS, Interior Light Pack

Neutral

Status
    Yes thats exactly what it means, think thats the one i will order. Thanks

3rd Gear

Status
    I asked a similar question on a different thread and was advised the different ratings are possibly due to the compound used. Personally I'd go for the non merc one.

Does your current tyre state 'A0' at all? That's the Audi specific version which not all places sell
    S3 Sportback

Neutral

Status
    Hi yes it does state A0 on it, unsure which one of the that would be.

3rd Gear

Status
    It's the conti sport 5 Audi version. Some places have it. May be worth called black circles to see if they do. The eu ratings differ again on A0 ones so may be worth changing to that. Just my thoughts but the difference may not be noticeable.
    S3 Sportback

3rd Gear

Status
    Audi AO tyres whats the difference?
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthr...87#post1886387
    S3 Sportback

1st Gear

Status
    Conti sport 5,s on mine. Awesome tyre and i love the continental logo. Just looks classy !
    1.4 TFSI 122ps A3 SportBack. Comfort pack, Audi sound system, Daytona grey, SD Sat Nav, S line trim. Love it!

Neutral

Status
    Thanks for the replies. Blackcircles confirmed as above that its simply an Audi original. Just asked if they had any more info on the AO, if it simply a marking on the bulk tyres sent to Audi or if the AO has a few tweaks. Audi will fit an new AO for about £30 more than the blackcircles generic price. Opinions on what you would go for are welcome?!

3rd Gear

Status
    Personally as they have a different EU rating, I'd go for A0. May be able to find it cheaper online. I forget where I found it.
    S3 Sportback

Neutral

Status
    Ok decided to buy one online at mytyres.co.uk. Continental Sport Contact 5 225/40 R18Y AO. £122. Thanks for the help.

5th Gear

Status
    I think the best tyres I've ever had we're toss up between Bridgestone potenza re050a , or Goodyear eagle f1 assym 2's ........ The new continentals on my a3 seem to induce wheel spin rather too easily in the damp.

Sean
    Current: 2013 Audi A3 2.0 tdi s line 8V in black SD nav+ extras, E46 BMW M3, 1971 Volvo p1800, 2014 Ford transit sport 155ps ;-)

Previous : Focus st 225 stage 1 (265 bhp and too much torque), 2002 audi s3 bam engine completely OEM, 2001 Audi a3 1.8 TQS 221bhp and about 20 other cars, majority civics ek4/ek9 and Bmw / Audi soot chucker's!

2nd Gear

Status
    Thumbs up for the Bridgestones!
    Daveotto likes this.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by squiretolley View Post
    Thumbs up for the Bridgestones!
    Second that, always had Bridgestone Potenza's on my current 8P, and with the latest ones which are 2db lower than previous set I am sure I can notice the difference in road noise
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-line, - Daytona Grey, comfort pack, interior light pack , aluminium roof rails, Audi speakers, folding door mirrors, hill hold, sport suspension, no smoking pack.

3rd Gear

Status
    I find the Contis poor on road noise. I'd forgotten how much of a difference tyres make.
    2013 A3 Sportback 2.0TDi 150 S-Line - Daytona Grey, B&O, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, SD Nav, Hill Hold Assist.
    2010 A4 2.0TDi 170 S Line | 2008 Golf GT Sport 140 | 2008 S3 | 2005 A3 2.0TDi 140 S Line | 2003 TT 225 | 1998 A4 2.8 Quattro

Third Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s33nyboy12 View Post
    I think the best tyres I've ever had we're toss up between Bridgestone potenza re050a , or Goodyear eagle f1 assym 2's ........ The new continentals on my a3 seem to induce wheel spin rather too easily in the damp.

Sean
    not sure what tyres my new A3 will have, probably Contis but as soon as they are worn I will be fitting Good Year eagle F1 Assymetrics. Quite simply amazing tyres, had them on my S3.

Mark
    07 S3 Sprint Blue Now Sold
    12 Range Rover Evoque Dynamic Now sold
    A3 20 TDI S-Line Sportback in Daytona Grey with Aluminium Roof Rails, Fine Nappa Leather, Sat Nav, Comfort pack,Audi Sound System, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Privacy Glass, Interior Light Pack, Non Smoke Pack.