Sky InsuranceBadger5
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Sportback Boot Liner

2nd Gear

Status

Sportback Boot Liner

Does anyone know if you can get a boot liner for the SB?

I've heard that the one for the 3dr doesn't fit with the boot floor on the lower level, can anyone confirm?

Cheers
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-Line 150ps, Daytona Grey, Comfort Pack, Privacy Glass, SD Sat Nav, Through Load, Aluminium Pedals.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    I have the boot mat in my 3dr. You're right, with the boot floor lowered, it doesn't fit properly as the hinges at the bottom of the rear seats get in the way. it still goes in mind you, just doesn't lie totally flat is all.
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

2nd Gear

Status
    Thanks. Might have to get one ordered.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-Line 150ps, Daytona Grey, Comfort Pack, Privacy Glass, SD Sat Nav, Through Load, Aluminium Pedals.

Neutral

Status
    For me the reversible boot mat is almost useless. I got it as I often have dogs in the back and wanted to protect the rear bumper from scratches, using the fold out flap that it comes with. So you fold the flap out, then load the boot, then you can't fold the flap back in as the boot is now loaded. Just seems like a bad design. Didn't quite know what to expect when I ordered it,but it doesn't work for me.

My mate has the rigid boot liner in a Golf mk6, which contains all the mud and stuff, (although it does not protect the bumper), but this is not yet available for the 8v I don't think.
    A3 Sportback 1.8TFSI S-Line S-Tronic, Daytona Grey, Alum Roof Rails, Tech pack, Comfort pack, Adaptive cruise, Int light pack, Audi sound, DAB, Folding mirrors, Reversable luggage mat, 5yr warranty.

6th Gear

Status
    I find it useful for stopping stuff sliding around in the boot quite so much plus when I have the back seats down and taking loads of crap to the tip or something, it just adds a layer of protection.
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

1st Gear

Status
    Vertigo, do you have the one that covers the folded seats? If so, where did you get it from?

1st Gear

Status

Sportback Boot Liner

Buy a cheap off cut of black or grey carpet (corded type perhaps) from your local carpet shop and cut it carefully to the correct size - use a cardboard template if necessary. Cheap, scrubbable and the chances are you'll have enough to replace it if you need to.

Today's top tip was brought to you by Bootcarpets 'R Us. Suppliers to value hunting prestige car owners up and down the land since 1994 (when I bought my first car.......)
    2013 A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI S-Line
    Phantom Black Pearl | Heated Nappa Leather | B&O | Technology Pack | Comfort Pack | Interior Lighting Pack | Parking System Plus | DAB | Alu Roof rails | Elec folding mirrors | Mono.pur | Rear Side Airbags | Elec lumbar
    |

SOLD 2007 A6 Avant 2.7 TDI Le Mans quattro
    Daytona Grey | Leather | MMI High | Bluetooth | Adaptive Xenons | BOSE | DAB | Heated F&R | AMI | Parking F&R | Storage Pack | Visibility Pack | Interior Light Pack |

2nd Gear

Status
    Good thinking. I'm going to try and squeeze the one from my Golf in there.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff777LUFC View Post
    For me the reversible boot mat is almost useless. I got it as I often have dogs in the back and wanted to protect the rear bumper from scratches, using the fold out flap that it comes with. So you fold the flap out, then load the boot, then you can't fold the flap back in as the boot is now loaded. Just seems like a bad design. Didn't quite know what to expect when I ordered it,but it doesn't work for me.

My mate has the rigid boot liner in a Golf mk6, which contains all the mud and stuff, (although it does not protect the bumper), but this is not yet available for the 8v I don't think.
    Just an update on this....

I have now lifted the floor to the higher level so the mat lays flat. I have turned it so it is rubber side out. And when the dogs are in I roll up the fold out flap so it sits back in the boot.

This does make the boot fairly small, but its good now that the flap is doing its job of protecting the bumper from scratches etc.

Thought you'd all like to know
    A3 Sportback 1.8TFSI S-Line S-Tronic, Daytona Grey, Alum Roof Rails, Tech pack, Comfort pack, Adaptive cruise, Int light pack, Audi sound, DAB, Folding mirrors, Reversable luggage mat, 5yr warranty.

1st Gear

Status
    Can you confirm the part number to order please
    thanks
    Chester

3rd Gear

Status
    I ordered the reversible load liner with my car. To be honest, I'm finding it pretty useless. As has been said, it doesn't fit properly on the lower load setting and isn't likely to protect much at all. It's just a very expensive carpet mat.

In all my previous Audis, I've had a flexible load liner which is constructed from waterproof foam with a ridge all around the perimeter (about an inch high). My worst nightmare in any car is a leaking carton of milk which this would adequately protect. These aren't yet available to my knowledge, but I'll be ordering one as soon as they're released. The last one cost about £40.
    2013 A3 Sportback 2.0TDi 150 S-Line - Daytona Grey, B&O, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, SD Nav, Hill Hold Assist.
    2010 A4 2.0TDi 170 S Line | 2008 Golf GT Sport 140 | 2008 S3 | 2005 A3 2.0TDi 140 S Line | 2003 TT 225 | 1998 A4 2.8 Quattro

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by hittchy View Post
    My worst nightmare in any car is a leaking carton of milk which this would adequately protect.
    Not if you corner like I do :D

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo1 View Post
    Not if you corner like I do :D
    Ha ha. I tend to take it easy with any groceries or takeaways in the boot. My A4 has some fantastic hooks which drop down from the parcel shelf to hold bags which could keep almost anything upright. I was a little disappointed with the A3 ones in comparison.

I remember one occasion forgetting about the takeaway and getting really carried away. The end result was chicken curry all over the boot floor. The foam tray saved the day, but I went through a boxful of bounty kitchen towel cleaning up and it was MY curry that got spilled.

Needless to say I tend to remember now if there's stuff at risk of spilling!
    2013 A3 Sportback 2.0TDi 150 S-Line - Daytona Grey, B&O, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, SD Nav, Hill Hold Assist.
    2010 A4 2.0TDi 170 S Line | 2008 Golf GT Sport 140 | 2008 S3 | 2005 A3 2.0TDi 140 S Line | 2003 TT 225 | 1998 A4 2.8 Quattro

3rd Gear

Status
    This is the liner I'm waiting for. Just need them to release it for 8V Sportback now.

Audi Accessories < Owners area < Audi UK

3rd Gear

Status
    Seems the foam boot liner is out for the hatch but not sportback yet.

Audi A3 Flexible Load Liner - 8V3061160

3rd Gear

Status
    Still waiting for this.

Looks like there's a semi-rigid one available now, but £90 is a bit rich.
    Audi A3 8V Boot Liner - Semi Rigid Sportback 5 Door

Reverse Gear

Status
    The part no for the A3 8V Sportback is 8V4061180, see https://shops.audi.com/de_DE/web/zub...rticleId=53304.

There is a German seller on e-bay who has it for a bit more, NEU Audi A3 Sportback 8V Kofferraummatte Einlage Wanne Origi. A3 8V Gepäckmatte | eBay, but still way less than £90.

1st Gear

Status
    Carpet and scissors.......all you need.....
    Phantom Black Pearl | Heated Nappa Leather | B&O | Technology Pack | Comfort Pack | Interior Lighting Pack | Parking System Plus | DAB | Alu Roof rails | Elec folding mirrors | Mono.pur | Rear Side Airbags | Elec lumbar
    |

Daytona Grey | Leather | MMI High | Bluetooth | Adaptive Xenons | BOSE | DAB | Heated F&R | AMI | Parking F&R | Storage Pack | Visibility Pack | Interior Light Pack |

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by daveb99 View Post
    Carpet and scissors.......all you need.....
    Been there...

Unfortunately it does nothing for spillages of fresh milk or curry! The foam liner for £40ish protects against that.

3rd Gear

Status
    I called my local dealer this morning and they are available now. Part number is 8V4061180 and the price quoted was £66.67 plus VAT (£80) which I'm not too pleased with! I'm assuming it's this one: Audi A3 8V Boot Liner - Semi Rigid Sportback 5 Door

Apparently it's now rubber and better quality, but the foam ones I've had in the last four cars were fine. The A4 one is £44 with a boot twice as big, as well as the 8V 3 door having the foam option at £40. This is exactly what I want, but in Sportback fitment. Audi A3 Flexible Load Liner - 8V3061160

How hard can it be? Grrr.

/Rant Over

Neutral

Status
    It also looks like it won't fit so well with the floor panel in the lower position, and the boot space seems quite limited in the raised position.

Reverse Gear

Status
    I had a rubber boot liner thrown in by my dealer. Collected it last week after being on order. It only fits with floor panel in raised position flush to the lip of the boot.

Not had a chance to fiddle with it yet as been overseas.

Beats the sports cap or coffee cup I could have chosen though I quite fancied the golf umbrella ....
    Ordered: Audi A3 Sportback S-Line 2.0TDi, Daytona grey, panoramic sunroof, aluminium roof rails, tech pack, comfort pack, alcantara, hold assist, Audi sound system, interior light package, deselect Sport suspension - Delivery APRIL 2013

1st Gear

Status
    Sheesh.....£95 and it STILL won't fit properly with the boot floor at its lowest setting due to the protruding corners. I'll get my scissors out and hunt down some kind of thin rubber or equivalent on a roll I think.

Seriously, £95 for a boot mat that isn't fully fit for purpose. Extortion. Shame on you Audi !
    hittchy likes this.
    |

Slowly moving forward!

Status
    Hi guys,

Just thought I would share this with you. Found a SB bootliner that fits, is good quality (IMO) and doesn't cost nearly £100!

Got it from The Roof Box Company (Car Roof Boxes | Bike Racks | Roof Bars - The Roof Box Company) for the cost of £40.45 inc. delivery.

Seems very similar to the Audi one but for a fraction of the cost. I've attached some photos, I hope this helps.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    mjcourtney, SJW, AJB and 4 others like this.
    2013 A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI S Line in Daytona Grey. Alloy roof bars, Fine nappa interior, heated seats, extended mono pur, tech pack, comfort pack, B&O, privacy glass, interior light pack, elec. folding mirrors, advanced key, DAB, sports suspension.

1st Gear

Status
    Thats a good price

2nd Gear

Status
    Which level is the boot floor set at in the photos? Mine's on the lowest level and apparently that's when the liner snags in the back corners.

Slowly moving forward!

Status
    That's at the high level, I haven't noticed it snagging when I fitted it to the lower level? Seems to fit really well at either level.
    2013 A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI S Line in Daytona Grey. Alloy roof bars, Fine nappa interior, heated seats, extended mono pur, tech pack, comfort pack, B&O, privacy glass, interior light pack, elec. folding mirrors, advanced key, DAB, sports suspension.

3rd Gear

Status
    It looks good and very similar to the Audi one.

Is it foam, rubber or plastic?

Product details say it's plastic but looks more like rubber in the image.

Slowly moving forward!

Status
    It's plastic but with a good non-slip rubber coating, I haven't seen the Audi one in the flesh but I agree it looks very similar to it. Got to admit I'm really impressed with it. Only took 24hrs to get here with the std delivery. Great service.
    hittchy likes this.

6th Gear

Status
    May have to get one of them myself when my car arrives!
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

3rd Gear

Status
    Cheers for this chappers. I think I'm pretty convinced and will probably order one rather than wait for Audi to get their act together.

Any chance of a photo on the lower setting of the boot floor if you get a chance?

1st Gear

Status
    Would like to get one but the price of delivery to NI makes it cost as much as Audi's own...

Slowly moving forward!

Status
    Sorry for the delay Hittchy, photo as requested. I hope it's useful.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    hittchy likes this.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Chappers View Post
    Sorry for the delay Hittchy, photo as requested. I hope it's useful.
    Brilliant. Thanks chappers. Looks like it fits perfectly.

I'm sold - order going in.

5th Gear

Status
    Having seen the photos and the price i've just ordered one of these too
    2013 8V Glacier White A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI S-line Mnaual
    SE Suspension, Tech Pack, B&O, Comfort Pack, Electric folding mirrors, Park Assist, TPMS, Interior Light Pack

Reverse Gear

Status
    Nice one chappers, ordered mine today ready for my delivery on 10/6/13 2.0tdi Daytona Grey, heated seats , comfort pack, sat nav s- line cannot wait now!

5th Gear

Status
    My boot liner arrived today (they had been out of stock), excellent fit! Very pleased with it
    Last edited by mjcourtney; 11th June 2013 at 23:43.
    SE Suspension, Tech Pack, B&O, Comfort Pack, Electric folding mirrors, Park Assist, TPMS, Interior Light Pack

Reverse Gear

Status
    Just received a Rhino boot liner which fits brilliantly. They're made to measure to the extent that you can choose upper or lower floor position, high/low back, rear seats folded or up. £74. Can't speak highly enough.DSC00268.jpg DSC00269.jpgwww.rhinouk.co.uk

5th Gear

Status
    Blimey, that's a substantial boot liner! Looks good for the price considering that's how much Audi wanted for the basic boot floor liner.

I will stick with the liner mentioned earlier, but its good to know there are more options available.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mjcourtney View Post
    My boot liner arrived today (they had been out of stock), excellent fit! Very pleased with it
    Ordered the same bootliner for my SB on Tues & was delivered today

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast