EM TuningMonster Motorsport
    Third Gear

Status

Just ordered Sportback

Very happy Just ordered a A3 Sportback 20TDI S-Line in Daytona grey.

Spec as follows :-

SD sat nav
    Full Nappa leather
    Privacy glass
    Cruise control
    Aluminium roof rails
    Heated seats
    Folding mirrors
    Non smoke pack

Had a drive in a 3door 20tdi sport due to diesel sportback not being available, very impressed with the performance and ride and felt at home in the car immediately. Car probably not going to arrive until September so long wait ahead,will get an update and build slot in a week or two.
    Can anyone tell me what the standard stereos are like, was going to upgrade but salesman said standard one was ok, any thoughts ?

Mark
    07 S3 Sprint Blue Now Sold
    12 Range Rover Evoque Dynamic Now sold
    A3 20 TDI S-Line Sportback in Daytona Grey with Aluminium Roof Rails, Fine Nappa Leather, Sat Nav, Comfort pack,Audi Sound System, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Privacy Glass, Interior Light Pack, Non Smoke Pack.

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    Congrats, I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Ouch about the wait though! I'm hoping to collect mine in a couple of weeks.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-Line 150ps, Daytona Grey, Comfort Pack, Privacy Glass, SD Sat Nav, Through Load, Aluminium Pedals.

Third Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by squiretolley View Post
    Congrats, I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Ouch about the wait though! I'm hoping to collect mine in a couple of weeks.
    the wait was the only downside,but never mind. I look forward to your comments when you take delivery of yours

Mark
    A3 20 TDI S-Line Sportback in Daytona Grey with Aluminium Roof Rails, Fine Nappa Leather, Sat Nav, Comfort pack,Audi Sound System, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Privacy Glass, Interior Light Pack, Non Smoke Pack.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by markwiggy View Post
    Can anyone tell me what the standard stereos are like, was going to upgrade but salesman said standard one was ok, any thoughts ?

Mark
    Are you coming from the S3?

The standard stereo is OK and probably on par with the standard 8P offering. I had Bose in my S3 which was superb.

There is a middle ground option in terms of the Audi Sound System for about £250 - I've got this on my current A4 and it sounds far better than standard. However, the big regret I had after ordering my A4 is not ticking the B&O option as the Audi system was definitely a come down from Bose.
    2013 A3 Sportback 2.0TDi 150 S-Line - Daytona Grey, B&O, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, SD Nav, Hill Hold Assist.
    2010 A4 2.0TDi 170 S Line | 2008 Golf GT Sport 140 | 2008 S3 | 2005 A3 2.0TDi 140 S Line | 2003 TT 225 | 1998 A4 2.8 Quattro

Third Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by hittchy View Post
    Are you coming from the S3?

The standard stereo is OK and probably on par with the standard 8P offering. I had Bose in my S3 which was superb.

There is a middle ground option in terms of the Audi Sound System for about £250 - I've got this on my current A4 and it sounds far better than standard. However, the big regret I had after ordering my A4 is not ticking the B&O option as the Audi system was definitely a come down from Bose.
    S3 long gone mate, been in BMW 123 D M-Sport, Scirroco 170DSG and currently Range Rover Evoque Dynamic 2.2 diesel, do miss the S3 though awesome car, In fact just miss the Audi brand felt instantly at home in the new A3 sport.
    I was very tempted by the B&O ,but thought a bit pricey, still not sure though so will have to give it some thought. I also had the Bose in my S3
    Thanks for your advice, my heart says B&O, my pocket says Audi Sound System, order say's standard. Mmmm decisions.

Mark

5th Gear

Status
    The standard is good enough........ The b&o is brilliant though. I've stuck with standard because I had a budget and maturity told me to stick with it , but being 23 I did want the B&O ! If you can afford it, go for it.

Sean
    Current: 2013 Audi A3 2.0 tdi s line 8V in black SD nav+ extras, E46 BMW M3, 1971 Volvo p1800, 2014 Ford transit sport 155ps ;-)

Previous : Focus st 225 stage 1 (265 bhp and too much torque), 2002 audi s3 bam engine completely OEM, 2001 Audi a3 1.8 TQS 221bhp and about 20 other cars, majority civics ek4/ek9 and Bmw / Audi soot chucker's!

Third Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s33nyboy12 View Post
    The standard is good enough........ The b&o is brilliant though. I've stuck with standard because I had a budget and maturity told me to stick with it , but being 23 I did want the B&O ! If you can afford it, go for it.

Sean
    thanks Sean, your B&O comment just doesn't help really,lol, but may just cost me £750. I can afford it as I was advised against the tech pack and also managed to negotiate a discount so did make a good saving on my original spec.

Mark

5th Gear

Status
    You could try and bargain a little harder with the salesmen, feed him some b.s about your looking for a new car for your wife in a few months and would definatly come back to him if he chucked in the stereo upgrade too! Lol worth a try.......

Sean
    Current: 2013 Audi A3 2.0 tdi s line 8V in black SD nav+ extras, E46 BMW M3, 1971 Volvo p1800, 2014 Ford transit sport 155ps ;-)

Previous : Focus st 225 stage 1 (265 bhp and too much torque), 2002 audi s3 bam engine completely OEM, 2001 Audi a3 1.8 TQS 221bhp and about 20 other cars, majority civics ek4/ek9 and Bmw / Audi soot chucker's!

Third Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s33nyboy12 View Post
    You could try and bargain a little harder with the salesmen, feed him some b.s about your looking for a new car for your wife in a few months and would definatly come back to him if he chucked in the stereo upgrade too! Lol worth a try.......

Sean
    I like that Sean, will give that some thought mate, cheers.

Mark

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by markwiggy View Post
    Very happy Just ordered a A3 Sportback 20TDI S-Line in Daytona grey.

Had a drive in a 3door 20tdi sport due to diesel sportback not being available, very impressed with the performance and ride and felt at home in the car immediately. Car probably not going to arrive until September so long wait ahead,will get an update and build slot in a week or two.

Mark

welcome to the long wait club. No build date on mine yet but think I might not get it until September on a 63 plate, but fingers crossed for early July
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-line, - Daytona Grey, comfort pack, interior light pack , aluminium roof rails, Audi speakers, folding door mirrors, hill hold, sport suspension, no smoking pack.

Third Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveotto View Post
    welcome to the long wait club. No build date on mine yet but think I might not get it until September on a 63 plate, but fingers crossed for early July
    Thanks, really looking forward to getting back into a Audi, really missed it if I'm honest, funny really as I felt instantly at home on my test drive. I wish you luck on early delivery, I really hope mine comes earlier. I look forward to your updates.

Mark

Third Gear

Status
    Just added Audi Sound system to my spec, had a listen to the B&O system and in my opinion it just wasn't worth £750 so took the mid option.

Mark

Third Gear

Status
    Really need to stop looking at the brochure, every time I look I want to add something else. Just added the interior light pack and was very close to adding 'advanced key' but managed to curb that urge. I do like the idea of the start button etc as my Evoque has a similar feature only it doesn't unlock the car automatically.(The Evoque goes tomorrow) So basically advance key seems a bit pricey just for a start button, as not sure I am keen on some of the other features it offers.

Note to self - must shread brochure.

Mark

2nd Gear

Status
    I know how you feel, I reckon I know that brochure word for word!!
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-Line 150ps, Daytona Grey, Comfort Pack, Privacy Glass, SD Sat Nav, Through Load, Aluminium Pedals.

Third Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by squiretolley View Post
    I know how you feel, I reckon I know that brochure word for word!!
    i think it's because we are sucked in by the pictures wanting to see our new cars, then you start reading, FATAL.

Mark