Sky InsuranceMonster Motorsport
Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By XXXCorps

Thread: Wet Luggage Compartment

Reverse Gear

Status

Wet Luggage Compartment

My 2009 8P SB suffers from a wet boot whenever you open the tailgate after a period of wet weather. On the 8V has this issue been resolved?

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Lion Man View Post
    My 2009 8P SB suffers from a wet boot whenever you open the tailgate after a period of wet weather. On the 8V has this issue been resolved?
    Never had that with either of the 8Ps I owned. Doesn't sound normal to me and I'd be furious if ny new 8V did it.
    2013 A3 Sportback 2.0TDi 150 S-Line - Daytona Grey, B&O, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, SD Nav, Hill Hold Assist.
    2010 A4 2.0TDi 170 S Line | 2008 Golf GT Sport 140 | 2008 S3 | 2005 A3 2.0TDi 140 S Line | 2003 TT 225 | 1998 A4 2.8 Quattro

1st Gear

Status
    Bobwilson'll know, or if he doesn't he'll disagree with someone that does...
    2013 Audi TT 2.0 TFSI S Line Black Edition. Misano Red.
    Amplified Black Package. Comfort Package. Technology Package. Heated Seats.

http://s1308.photobucket.com/user/xxxcorps/media/photo1_zps1e5c9a3f.jpg.html

1st Gear

Status
    Never had the problem with my 8p. Haven't noticed it with 8v.

MiT
    Work Hard, Play harder!!

Status
    i think i know what you mean, when i open my boot and its been raining, or just washed you can get drips of water falling from the outside of the boot lid into the boot. this is only when you open it, not when closed.
    A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI S-Line
    Amalfi White || Comfort Pack || Audi Sound System 10 Speakers || Interior Light Pack || Elec Lumber Support || Sat Nav || Non Smoking pack

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks MiT that's exactly the issue. This was a design fault with the 8P which always niggled me.

2nd Gear

Status
    Thanks MiT that's exactly the issue. This was a design fault with the 8P which always niggled me.
    had the car a few months and never had this problem. Know the fault your talking of , a friend who has a mondeo gets a boot full of water after its been raining and he opens the boot, it just streams in there, drives him nuts..........
    Audi A3 8v 2.0TDi S-Line, glacier white.

Quote Originally Posted by number3 View Post
    had the car a few months and never had this problem. Know the fault your talking of , a friend who has a mondeo gets a boot full of water after its been raining and he opens the boot, it just streams in there, drives him nuts..........
    It been the same with all the A3s - 8L, 8P and now 8V. I think it all stems from manufacturers removing the gutters that used to be part of any design to improve the aerodynamics. The same reason as you always get streams of water on the side windows whenever you are driving the the rain. Before aerodynamics became part of the design, gutters at the end of the windscreen used to catch the water and direct down and out away from the side windows.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

Reverse Gear

Status
    Just about every car I've ever driven has had this characteristic to a greater or lesser degree. Not really a fault as such in my opinion, just a fact of life. A big slug of snow fell off my wifes 8V tailgate into the boot the other day.

3rd Gear

Status
    On a similar note, have they stopped the water from the roof coming straight into the side window and onto the electric window switches if you open the window after it has been raining, or alternatively onto the seat if you open the door because that really is a stupid piece of design on the 8P ?

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    On a similar note, have they stopped the water from the roof coming straight into the side window and onto the electric window switches if you open the window after it has been raining, or alternatively onto the seat if you open the door because that really is a stupid piece of design on the 8P ?
    That's what you get for building the most aerodynamic designs they can; most if not all cars do this...
    2013 Audi TT 2.0 TFSI S Line Black Edition. Misano Red.
    Amplified Black Package. Comfort Package. Technology Package. Heated Seats.

http://s1308.photobucket.com/user/xxxcorps/media/photo1_zps1e5c9a3f.jpg.html