Listers Sportback launch day

Vertigo1

Reaction score
I've just had an email through from my dealer to let me know they're having a Sportback launch/open day this Sunday. Doesn't look like any registration is required - just a turn up if you're interested type thing. Not of any interest to me but thought I'd mention it here if anyone in the vicinity is interested in going along to have a look.

The dealer is Audi Birmingham. Not sure if all the Listers dealers around the midlands are doing it or just them.

Thanks Vertigo. That's where I've ordered mine from actually and apparently it will be there for the launch day but I'm on holiday at the moment so I won't be able to pick it up till 20 March.

Do you know what they have planned for the launch? Pity I won't be able to make it.

Not sure what they have planned exactly - probably just an opportunity to snoop round the cars and ask questions etc.

I'd make sure yours won't be used as a showroom model for people to sit in lol!

I've just had an email through from my dealer to let me know they're having a Sportback launch/open day this Sunday. Doesn't look like any registration is required - just a turn up if you're interested type thing. Not of any interest to me but thought I'd mention it here if anyone in the vicinity is interested in going along to have a look.

The dealer is Audi Birmingham. Not sure if all the Listers dealers around the midlands are doing it or just them.

I just had an email from Listers as well and it seems that it is at all four of their Audi dealerships - Birmingham, Coventry, Stratford and Worcester. My email says Saturday 9:00 till 6:00 and Sunday 10:00 till 4:00 They also have the comment "While here, you can experience the A3 Sportback for yourself and arrange a test drive. We’ll also have an in-Centre activity to demonstrate the additional boot space that’s been integrated into the car". Perhaps it's a 'How many can your get in a mini' type of think' Also seems like you can book a test drive in advance by phoning them. I wonder if they will have an s-tronic avalable?

I wonder if they will have an s-tronic avalable?

Just phoned the Coventry Listers and was told none of their launch cars will be s-tronic. The one they will have will be a 2.0 TDI-150 SE model in black.

Just spoke to the dealer as I was in there. He said it's primarily the Saturday and they'll have two Sportbacks at the Birmingham dealer.

Seems to be a National thing as Belfast are having their open day on Saturday too.

We probably know more about the A3 and Sportback than the dealers

Tell me about it...

Dealer kept my car overnight today so had to pop in on the way home to grab some bits from it that I needed. Lady took me out to where it was parked and she was holding my keys so she unlocked it as I approached. As she did so I heard the windows shift very slightly downward. I said to her "I think you've opened the windows a tad". She looked surprised and said "have I, how did I do that then?" so I told her about the long button press on the fob opening the windows, then took the key and used it to close them again.

How on earth does someone who works for Audi not know about such a basic feature which has been on every model for years?!