My orders been pushed back :(

Nick1989

Reaction score
So I ordered my A3 at the beginning of feb after the salesman explaining that there system is better now and they can change cars already ordered so the wait time is pretty short. We signed on an estimated delivery time for end of march beginning of April, I've just had a phone call and he says its been put back to June/mid June. As you can imagine I'm not that happy about it as I was under the impression it would be 2-3 weeks not months. Just wandering if anyone else has had any issues with set backs on delivery dates? I ordered a glacier white A3 SLine with comfort pack, DAB radio and folding mirrors I think that was all

My order is almost the same as yours, Glacier white 3dr A3 S-Line with confort pack, audi sound system and privacy glass.

I understand there are a few factors that are contributing to delays; shortage of Xenon lights, how many build slots your dealer has, etc. I think your dealer was very over-optimistic with delivery date from what others say - I ordered 1st Feb and they estimated end of May at the latest. 6 weeks later I don't even have a build week yet, so you are not alone. The wait is painful!

The dealer should of never said the car would be ready for March or April if ordered in Feb. Factory orders take 12-16 weeks from placement of order, and that is normally a few days from when you sign. I would of said May/June was about right for a new build model....

The original poster said it was supposed to be a modified order they'd already placed, so the timings were probably correct. The thing is, I'm pretty sure I read a while back that audi were on to that trick, and on a regular basis would go around cancelling any order that wasn't allocated to a customer... maybe that's what happened here, so they've now had to put it in as a new order? Pretty poor to only spring that on you now though!

Yea the guy originally said about modifying an order previously placed so it takes less time but by the sounds of it that couldn't be done so I guess I'm going to have to wait it out :/ I'm so impatient! At least I'm not alone...

I did the same - modified an order that already had a build date. One of the modifications was to add Xenons but they had to be deleted because of supply problems. Car was built on the scheduled date of 6th February but only left the factory yesterday so delivery to me has slipped by about 3 weeks.

I think it's because you've modified the order. My dealer warned against it as invariably it means you build date will go back. I didn't amend my original order and its taken 6 weeks from order to being built.

I think it's because you've modified the order. My dealer warned against it as invariably it means you build date will go back. I didn't amend my original order and its taken 6 weeks from order to being built.

Your quite lucky then as i ordered my car back in october and i have a build week 12 so wont see it untill some time next month :(

I ordered my 1.6TDI Sline SB at the beginning of February and was given a estimated delivery date of the end of June. Six weeks have now passed and I still do not know my build week. I can't understand how some forum members are getting their cars in 6-12 weeks?

Same here.....Dealer had car in slot ready, with build date, said we can ammend the spec....Ammended, then Next thing the build slot was lost and we have no idea when to expect the car! Really feel like cancelling the order, as one of the reasons we signed was that it had a build date, and therfore we roughly knew when to expect the car! Stealers for you!!!:motz: ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.

When you change an order it is taken out of the build queue, it will then spend a few days (maybe up to a few weeks) with Audi whilst they allocate a new build slot based on your new selection of equipment and options. In some cases the new build week you're allocated won't be much different to your original date, but in other it may slip - particularly if high demand items, such as xenons, are ordered.

After this there is still a chance the build dates will be bought forward to reflect changes to the factory demand / delays, so it's quite possible you won't be waiting as long as feared. Regardless of this, your dealer should have made you aware of the risk of delay by changing the order. I would give it a week or two and see if anything has changed.

You should be so lucky! Either that or I'm unlucky....... I ordered mine on 4/1/13 and I don't get mine until last week in April or first week in may.

Thats almost 16 weeks from order to delivery! And I made no ammendments to any orders, made my mind up went to dealer ordered and that's was it. They did tell me march 1st originally , then April 1st and now looking like first week in may.

Sean

It seems very random how Audi allocate build dates / slots. I ordered a S-Line with quite a few extras on 12th Jan & took delivery on 6th March. Build week was even bought forward a week to week 8.

A colleague ordered hers (also S-Line, but with fewer extras) in mid-December & has got build week 14, with delivery a few weeks later. Like many on here, she is not happy with the delay.

I ordered from a Sytner Group Audi Centre - they have 13 Audi Centres in the UK, so must shift a lot of cars & therefore get more build slots / have the ability to swap allocations between Audi Centres. Colleague ordered from a different Audi Centre that is not part of a large group, so they in theory have less buying power / build slots with Audi.

Hold in there - the car is definately worth the wait.

I've ordered with the sytner group and my date keeps moving! First I was told end of April beginning of may! Then end of July then August and now beginning if July! Just want the car!!!!! :lmfao:

I have to say readin all these posts and many others im very lucky with my car.

I ordered my SB end of January and im collecting it Monday. :)

Well I'm hoping they don't keep moving mine... Unless its sooner of course. But I've been trying to think of a benefit to picking it up in June and I guess the only thing I can think of is the better weather means fingers crossed it'll stay clean for longer and it'll be right next to my birthday haha