Volks AutosEM Tuning
    Reverse Gear

Status

Finally settled?

Okay so, I've been jumping around a lot of cars when deciding what I will be getting in September. Started with the A5, jcw mini, 1 series and a3 SB but after viewing an A3 hatch I may have finally settled!

I'm stuck between the 1.8tfsi and 2.0 tdi...I don't want to get the less powerful car and regret it but I really can't seem to justify the extra price, worse fuel consumption and the apparent lag problems of the petrol. Any thoughts?

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    What sort of mileage will you be doing?
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-Line 150ps, Daytona Grey, Comfort Pack, Privacy Glass, SD Sat Nav, Through Load, Aluminium Pedals.

Reverse Gear

Status

Finally settled?

Only 10k ish a year but does mileage matter that much if the diesel is cheaper than the petrol?

1st Gear

Status
    Go diesel all the way, people will say you dont do the mileage to justify the diesel engine but just work out the costs yourself and you will buy the diesel. The power of the 2 litre is brilliant far better than my A4 was, my Q5 is 2 litre diesel also, the A3 is full SLine spec and suspension (3door) as my wife is usually driving herself now or only 1 passenger hence we still have the Q for more people and weather in Aberdeenshire also.

I hope this helps you decide what you want, spec of A3 in signature.

A3, 2.0 TDI, S-Line, 6 speed manual, Scuba Blue, S-Line suspension, heated/folding mirrors, privacy glass, fine nappa leather, heated seats, light/rain sensor pack, flat tyre indicator, Purchased and supplied by Aberdeen Audi

Reverse Gear

Status

Finally settled?

Not convinced its worth getting diesel in my opinion as You aren't doing the mileage and that's what a Diesel engine is for? Also petrol sounds better and performs better. And I know these are new engines but I'm not sure how good it is for a diesel to be doing lots of short journeys as it is an engine that runs efficiently when warmed up? Might be wrong tho just my thoughts

1st Gear

Status
    How is the diesels torque compared to the 1.8 petrol?
    1.4 TFSI 122ps A3 SportBack. Comfort pack, Audi sound system, Daytona grey, SD Sat Nav, S line trim. Love it!

Neutral

Status
    I went for the 1.4tfsi manual coming from a 1.6 tdi A1 and I'm really happy I changed from diesel to petrol.

I test drove a 2.0tdi A3 and it is a really nice engine.

I would say get a decent length test drive in each and work out the difference in running costs etc. Then decide if the increased cost of running the petrol is worth it, only you can decide that
    A3 S-Line 1.4 tfsi | Daytona Grey | Heated Seats

2nd Gear

Status
    How about the new 1.4 COD engine? It's about £1k cheaper than the 2.0tdi, similar economy and marginally quicker. I'd avoid the 1.8tfsi from the posts on here about the s tronic box.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-Line 150ps, Daytona Grey, Comfort Pack, Privacy Glass, SD Sat Nav, Through Load, Aluminium Pedals.