COD now on configurator

paul8852

Reaction score
Just putting in final touches to my 1.4 Tfsi S Line this morning only to find that the 140bhp has appeared, it's priced at £23,405 as opposed to standard 1.4 S Line at £22,555 but it made me wonder to lose a few options & step up to this!!

Excellent. Anyone know when the S-Tronic Version of the COD will be available to order in the UK ?

Strange that the A1 has both the manual and S-Tronic versions available together straight away, and yet the A3 only gets the manual version only ?

I think the choice between the two is a no brainer. Work out the price difference over 3 years and factor in the saving in fuel and tax... 140ps is the sweet spot for that size of car I reckon. Plus £20 a year tax anyone?

Anyone had issues with this engine in the past on other VAG vehicles? Just wondered if there are any Golf drivers out there who can enlighten us with their thoughts on it, very tempted to jump ship, would need to lose the Tech pack for standard SD Nav but pleased it flagged up today...about to order tomorrow!

I've driven the 140 golf gt act, same engine as audi 1.4 cod and a3 122. I thought the performance difference felt like much more than just 18 hp. I really liked the 140, disappointed with 122.

Cod engine has more torque to and I think that adds so much to the driving pleasure. I currently have golf 6 160 and the new 140 has more torque than my 160. I did not mis the 20 HP.

I will be placing order for 1.4 cod when the time is right.

I would have been tempted by the COD engine as my company pays for all of my fuel. Unfortunately it wasn't available when I ordered and its being built next week. I think I'd miss the torque on the motorway though.

I tried the new Golf 1.4 Tsi COD DSG, and was quite dissapointed with the gearbox. Apparently, the 7-speed gearbox is nowhere as good as the 6 speed one.

Reading a couple of reviews of the ACT engine in the Golf & Seat some reports suggest that although its a cracking engine there is a little stutter on take off, not the lagging issues experienced by others with the S-tronic, more of a micro stutter which is just a little fly in the ointment, aside from that its a big temptation to go for it, its faster, more economical and cheaper to tax!

I went for a test drive in the Golf GT 1.4 ACT DSG. I have to say that I didn't feel any hesitation or stutter from the engine. The only time I knew it was in 2 cylinder was when the dash light indicated. It's a fast little engine and will really suit the A3.

Well, I've been out for a test drive this afternoon. I drove both the 1.4 manual and then the 1.8 stronic. Yes there was a slight delay in the 1.8 but not enough that it would put me off. It certainly makes the A3 a quick car. I was also impressed with the1.4 although I have to admit the 1.4 ACT DSG gave me a bigger smile. I am looking to make my A3 choice....I would love to be torn between a 1.8 manual and a 1.4 COD stronic

come on Audi put these into the mix..

It would take a very good salesman to convince me to stick with my original plan of the 1.4 122bhp as opposed to the 1.4 140bhp, all the reviewers are raving about in its various forms via VW & Seat, I know there's a £855 premium for it but everything considered as a previous poster suggested...its a no brainer! :) Looking forward to my test drive tomorrow, anyone out there located an S Line to drive, dealers around me are all pushing the 1.4 Tfsi Sport, its the only derivative they have to drive :-(

Like you really looking forward to trying the 1.4 cda/cod engine out, my local dealer has a 1.8 s line 3 dr in auto looks very tidy.

Unless I can get a test drive in the new golf or polo gt then I will have wait till this model arrives in the dealers for a drive.

Anyone got a rough idea when this might be? Also do you think the golf in particular will be very similar to drive as the A3? Hoping to have the dsg/stronic box next time.

Hi Paul,

I have just done this, we decided to shed a few options and went for the cod engine, better economy and speed.

ordered it on Sunday gone, estimated September delivery... canny wait :)

decisions decisions so good luck! :)

Hi Paul,

I have just done this, we decided to shed a few options and went for the cod engine, better economy and speed.

ordered it on Sunday gone, estimated September delivery... canny wait :)

decisions decisions so good luck! :)

Hi Cussycod I was about to do the same thing yesterday, then my wife dropped the bombshell on me that not only does she want Glacier White, which is not a bad call but still £525 to tag on & but then said she preferred the full leather trim which is an additional £795!! Which leaves me with a real dilemma, the only way within my budget I can achieve this is to go back to the 1.4 122bhp..so frustrating, trying to convince her the half leather trim is the way to go...I may need that luck :)

I just got back from the dealer, changed my order to the 1.4 COD. Not sure how that will affect delivery date yet, was "July ish" before.

I just got back from the dealer, changed my order to the 1.4 COD. Not sure how that will affect delivery date yet, was "July ish" before.

And did you also ask if you will now get the free DAB by changing your order as it should now be an MY14 model?

I didn't, and on the configurator website it's still a £300 option.

My original order went in as a MY14 order, as the MY13 order book was full, and they didn't mention it then.

Personally, I'd be happy with no radio, I don't use it in my current car at all. I use my phone for podcasts or iplayer streaming

Julyish sounds great, I know different dealers have assigned build slots as mine is quoting around September :-( As it is a MY14 build the one consolation will be that DAB is standard so that is a £350 saving :) Have had to opt for Brilliant Black to get the COD, think its a fair trade off!

Have you done the deed Paul? :)

Will ours be a my14 and dab as std , only ordered last sunday ?

Carlos

Have you done the deed Paul? :)

Will ours be a my14 and dab as std , only ordered last sunday ?

Carlos
Very close Carlos, the family wanted me to buy the Glacier White, however, to get the COD I have to make £850
of adjustments, alas. the Glacier White & Roof rails had to go, had a look at the S Line in Brilliant Black with Privacy Glass this morning,
despite the weather it looked great, so roll o. September :)

Sounds a great compromise Paul!
Sacrifice sacrifice :)
Im gonna email our dealer and ask about the dab n my14.

Sounds a great compromise Paul!
Sacrifice sacrifice :)
Im gonna email our dealer and ask about the dab n my14.
Hopefully its is, the reviews are so good for its stable mates out there with the same engine, particularly the Golf GT, as I had to concede on my original colour choice of Daytona it isn't too much to lose...and a lot to gain :) I think most dealers will make some kind of concessions on the DAB even if they are MY13 builds as its a bit strong charging £350 for this option that will be included at the start of April...This is how my car will look only it will be a Tfsi and not TDI as shown IMG 1263IMG 1266IMG 1264

Last edited:
Reactions: Pganders