Monster MotorsportChris Nott
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Daveotto

Thread: If I am unable to choose Daytona what colour is next best.

Neutral

Status

If I am unable to choose Daytona what colour is next best.

All set to finally order my A3 Sportback S Line this weekend, once I've test driven the 1.4 Tfsi Sport that the dealer has ready for me. Had finally decided on the Daytona Grey only for my wife to say she really disliked it. I had previously considered Glacier White, although as mentioned in a previous post there are many White cars in my home town presently or stick with what I have presently on my A6, namely Brilliant Black, not sure it transfers so well to the Sportback, any ideas would help.

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by paul8852 View Post
    All set to finally order my A3 Sportback S Line this weekend, once I've test driven the 1.4 Tfsi Sport that the dealer has ready for me. Had finally decided on the Daytona Grey only for my wife to say she really disliked it. I had previously considered Glacier White, although as mentioned in a previous post there are many White cars in my home town presently or stick with what I have presently on my A6, namely Brilliant Black, not sure it transfers so well to the Sportback, any ideas would help.
    Divorce the wife and go for Daytona, alternatively go for phantom black
    paul8852 likes this.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-line, - Daytona Grey, comfort pack, interior light pack , aluminium roof rails, Audi speakers, folding door mirrors, hill hold, sport suspension, no smoking pack.

2nd Gear

Status
    Glacier white but then I would say that lol !! Looks the dogs dangles , yes you are correct about there being many other white cars, but its the same for any colour really, but you'd have the best looking white car in town ! Lol

Have you thought about getting the sunroof? One of the bonuses of having is it really breaks the colour up on the car lovely!
    Audi A3 8v 2.0TDi S-Line, glacier white.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveotto View Post
    Divorce the wife and go for Daytona, alternatively go for phantom black
    Thanks Dave sound advice :-) Seriously though is Phantom Black worth the £525 extra over the Brilliant Black? When would it flag up its 'metallicness' not sure thats the word I'm looking for hopefully you get my gist.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by number3 View Post
    Glacier white but then I would say that lol !! Looks the dogs dangles , yes you are correct about there being many other white cars, but its the same for any colour really, but you'd have the best looking white car in town ! Lol

Have you thought about getting the sunroof? One of the bonuses of having is it really breaks the colour up on the car lovely!
    Thought about it, but my budget restricts it...already semi loaded with £5000 of extras including Tech & Comfort packs, DAB & Audi Sound, Interior light pack, keyless entry et al...was on a Euro forum last evening that showed a smaller (probably more affordable sunroof) that I would certainly go for if it was available here...its seems our European neighbours seem to have a much larger choice of options to pick from :-(

1st Gear

Status
    Misano Red. Or if you begrudge paying for the metallic go for Brilliant Red and buy £525 worth of extras. If you must have black then Phantom Black all the way; avoid Brilliant Black.
    Check out the official videos on YouTube of the Misano Red Sportback, that colour really pops!! Have had several red cars over the years and the A3 is one that absolutely suits the colour...
    2013 Audi TT 2.0 TFSI S Line Black Edition. Misano Red.
    Amplified Black Package. Comfort Package. Technology Package. Heated Seats.

http://s1308.photobucket.com/user/xxxcorps/media/photo1_zps1e5c9a3f.jpg.html

BahnStormer

Status

Re: If I am unable to choose Daytona what colour is next best.

Quartz, it just looks that bit sharper and meaner than Daytona grey.
    LostBok/BahnStormer77
    A6 (C7) Avant 3.0TFSI, DSG, rain and light sensor pack, LED headlight pack, MMI touch, SDS high, AMI, 360deg sensors + auto-park, Dunlop SP Winter Sports / Pirelli P Zero's.

1st Gear

Status

Gone for monsoon grey myself but if my didnt like it would have been tempted with the pearlescent red colour (name escapes me just now)
    A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI Sport in Monsoon Grey with added extras - 5 arm 'kinetic' design wheels, comfort pack, audi sound system, storage and luggage pack, SD Satnav and Interior Light Pack.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PjDali View Post
    Gone for monsoon grey myself but if my didnt like it would have been tempted with the pearlescent red colour (name escapes me just now)
    Misano Red...
    2013 Audi TT 2.0 TFSI S Line Black Edition. Misano Red.
    Amplified Black Package. Comfort Package. Technology Package. Heated Seats.

http://s1308.photobucket.com/user/xxxcorps/media/photo1_zps1e5c9a3f.jpg.html

Reverse Gear

Status

If you want black go for the brilliant black I've had it on my last a3 and current a1 and if you regularly clean it (once a month) it looks top quality and you save £500 quid or go white like me when I eventually get my new a3

5th Gear

Status
    Thanks Dave sound advice :-) Seriously though is Phantom Black worth the £525 extra over the Brilliant Black? When would it flag up its 'metallicness' not sure thats the word I'm looking for hopefully you get my gist.
    I have phantom black on my current A3 sport back and think its worth it, shows up the lines of the car so much better especially on an s line. Would have gone for it myself but wanted a change.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-line, - Daytona Grey, comfort pack, interior light pack , aluminium roof rails, Audi speakers, folding door mirrors, hill hold, sport suspension, no smoking pack.

2nd Gear

Status
    +1 on the misano red , would have been my next choice

2nd Gear

Status

Love my scuba blue 8p.

Don't see many about either
    Work: A3 Sportback Black Edition 2.0TDI Home: A4 Avant 2.0 TDI Quattro S-Line

2nd Gear

Status
    Thought about it, but my budget restricts it...already semi loaded with £5000 of extras including Tech & Comfort packs, DAB & Audi Sound, Interior light pack, keyless entry et al...was on a Euro forum last evening that showed a smaller (probably more affordable sunroof) that I would certainly go for if it was available here...its seems our European neighbours seem to have a much larger choice of options to pick from :-(
    you'll love the tech pack!! Did you spec the privacy glass in the end ?

also I see your from East Sussex , you buying from tonbridge Audi ?

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by number3 View Post
    you'll love the tech pack!! Did you spec the privacy glass in the end ?

also I see your from East Sussex , you buying from tonbridge Audi ?
    Looking forward to the tech pack, have the SD Nav on my A6 presently which works really well, the graphics however look so much sharper on the tech screen, privacy glass is back in, keeping things open until my test drive, these Sportbacks do look so different in the flesh, its a toss up between Glacier White or Phantom Black, do like the look of your sunroof...I guess you haven't as yet had much use out of it, would you recommend it as an option, any sound issues? Looking to purchase in Eastbourne presently but bought my current A6 through the same group you mentioned but at their Crawley branch

2nd Gear

Status
    Looking forward to the tech pack, have the SD Nav on my A6 presently which works really well, the graphics however look so much sharper on the tech screen, privacy glass is back in, keeping things open until my test drive, these Sportbacks do look so different in the flesh, its a toss up between Glacier White or Phantom Black, do like the look of your sunroof...I guess you haven't as yet had much use out of it, would you recommend it as an option, any sound issues? Looking to purchase in Eastbourne presently but bought my current A6 through the same group you mentioned but at their Crawley branch
    would def' recommend, at the moment it's purely for looks lol and have only opened it once, though when the kids are in the car they want it open 24/7 !!!

no noise issues of note ,other than I took it back to get the rubber greased as it was creaking a bit!

mark.

Reverse Gear

Status
    What colour is best? - The one that you like of course, nothing to do with us.

Neutral

Status
    Finally had a drive in the A3 Sportback 2-0 Tdi Sport in Glacier White today (despite the weather) my wife loved the colour, I loved the engine, had 18" alloys on it, there is a discernible difference between this and the SE I test drove a few weeks ago, but in a good way.. definitely feels sportier, however, you are more aware of the road surface, tried to convince my wife along with the salesman that Daytona Grey is the way to go, especially with the alu rails..she won't be convinced..so now its a straight toss up between Glacier White (not Amalfi) & Brilliant Black.

2nd Gear

Status
    I was tempted by Amalfi and Glacier but ended up going for Daytona. I've always wanted a dark grey and decided to take the plunge. It should also be the most exclusive colour as its only available on the s-line. Glacier is gorgeous though. Amalfi looks a bit cream in my opinion.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-Line 150ps, Daytona Grey, Comfort Pack, Privacy Glass, SD Sat Nav, Through Load, Aluminium Pedals.