Chris NottSky Insurance
    Neutral

Status

Help me spend money

I have a Sportback on order in Sport trim.
    I have added kinetic wheels, alcantara seats, folding mirrors, reverse parking sensors, interior lighting pack, and sd sat nav.

I'm thinking about adding some more and with a budget of 1k am torn between upgrading to the tech pack or adding front parking sensors, heated seats and DAB radio

Any thoughts?

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by noidea View Post
    I have added kinetic wheels, alcantara seats, folding mirrors, reverse parking sensors, interior lighting pack, and sd sat nav.

I'm thinking about adding some more and with a budget of 1k am torn between upgrading to the tech pack or adding front parking sensors, heated seats and DAB radio

Any thoughts?
    I take it no wife then. If I said that in my house it'd be gone before the end of the day!

It depends on how much you'd use the sat nav. I'd use it very little (probably less than a dozen times a year) so couldn't justify. B&O if you enjoy your music? Black headlining. I'd also be tempted with special paint and order Suzuka Grey or Sprint Blue (mind you that may be a little over the £1000).
    Last edited by hittchy; 12th March 2013 at 19:57.
    2013 A3 Sportback 2.0TDi 150 S-Line - Daytona Grey, B&O, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, SD Nav, Hill Hold Assist.
    2010 A4 2.0TDi 170 S Line | 2008 Golf GT Sport 140 | 2008 S3 | 2005 A3 2.0TDi 140 S Line | 2003 TT 225 | 1998 A4 2.8 Quattro

1st Gear

Status
    For me it'd be B&O speakers and Cruise Control; you'll even have enough left for a good meal out with that special person in your life...
    2013 Audi TT 2.0 TFSI S Line Black Edition. Misano Red.
    Amplified Black Package. Comfort Package. Technology Package. Heated Seats.

http://s1308.photobucket.com/user/xxxcorps/media/photo1_zps1e5c9a3f.jpg.html

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow ruffrida On Twitter Visit ruffrida's Youtube Channel
    DAB all the way
    B6 1.9tdi Quattro Avant Sport,
    Full zenon bulb kit, Plug and Play chip @165bhp, EGR Delete pipe, Chrome Mirrors, Chrome side repeaters, wind deflectors, Front center arm rest, LED number plate bulbs (when they work), Rear tints, De-Badge Rear, 19" BBS LM's,De-Wiper
    Coming soon -35mm Springs, De-cat pipe.
    Wish List; FMIC, BV43 turbo, Bigger Remap, Fat Clutch, Stereo upgrade, Full Stainless with twin exit !
    Chuck it in & pin it out, nothing better than doing it in the dirt !!

1st Gear

Status
    I had about the same went for B&O but then changed to pano sunroof it looks beautiful!!!!
    I am now the very very proud owner of an A3 Sportback S-line 2.0 TDI Glacier white - panoramic sunroof and privacy glass!

See ya Polo!!!!!!!!!!

1st Gear

Status
    I went for the tech pack and although I won't use the satnav too much you could look at the screen all the time and with that you get the better resolution screen which is also bigger .

or why not the Audi sound system , DAB and the heated seats

3rd Gear

Status
    Just a thought.... why don't you upgrade to S-Line. It'll cost £2000 to upgrade but you'd get 18" wheels anyway so saving £500 on the kinetics. The residual value will also be stronger and you'll gain all the s-line goodies.
    2013 A3 Sportback 2.0TDi 150 S-Line - Daytona Grey, B&O, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, SD Nav, Hill Hold Assist.
    2010 A4 2.0TDi 170 S Line | 2008 Golf GT Sport 140 | 2008 S3 | 2005 A3 2.0TDi 140 S Line | 2003 TT 225 | 1998 A4 2.8 Quattro

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by hittchy View Post
    Just a thought.... why don't you upgrade to S-Line. It'll cost £2000 to upgrade but you'd get 18" wheels anyway so saving £500 on the kinetics. The residual value will also be stronger and you'll gain all the s-line goodies.

Neutral

Status
    Thanks all
    I did consider the S Line trim but didn't like the seats

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks all
    I'd seriously reconsider; you're getting a much better looking car...

Neutral

Status
    Xenon pack is essential, great for safety and completes the look

also means you dont have to spec interior light pack as its included, also then you can remove rear sensors and add the comfort pack with front parking sensors meaning you get a lot of other goodies too (auto mirror, cruise control etc).

Thats comes to about £800 net, so with the £200 left i reckon heated seats, sod the DAB!

1st Gear

Status

Help me spend money

Must admit if you were going S-Line not sure I could see past Daytona Grey.

On options...I never thought I'd spend dosh on the interior light pack but a few you tube vids I spotted changed my mind as it adds that bit of class to an already crackin cabin.
    A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI Sport in Monsoon Grey with added extras - 5 arm 'kinetic' design wheels, comfort pack, audi sound system, storage and luggage pack, SD Satnav and Interior Light Pack.

Neutral

Status
    I've also ordered an SB in Sport trim, details in sig. If I'd had a little extra I'd have gone for the Xenons, it's the only thing I have a tinge of regret on.
    2013 A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI Sport Phantom Black

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by hittchy View Post
    Kinetics are £250 on a Sport. I agree with the principle though!
    2013 A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI Sport Phantom Black

1st Gear

Status

Help me spend money

Quote Originally Posted by si8s View Post
    I've also ordered an SB in Sport trim, details in sig. If I'd had a little extra I'd have gone for the Xenons, it's the only thing I have a tinge of regret on.
    Likewise but I could not justify paying for Xenons my wife would literally have thrown a serious wobbly :-)
    A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI Sport in Monsoon Grey with added extras - 5 arm 'kinetic' design wheels, comfort pack, audi sound system, storage and luggage pack, SD Satnav and Interior Light Pack.

6th Gear

Status
    Thanks all
    But you've specced the Alcantara seats on the Sport - with an S-Line you could get the perforated Alcantara ones for £300 less.
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

Neutral

Status
    yes but with S Line they have to be black..
    I think the main advantages of the S Line are external look which I agree looks better, but I'm more interested in the interior (the wheels were me getting carried away and seemd quite a low cost upgrade)

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by si8s View Post
    Kinetics are £250 on a Sport. I agree with the principle though!
    Sorry - you are correct. I always get kinetic and dynamic wheels confused.

3rd Gear

Status
    (the wheels were me getting carried away and seemd quite a low cost upgrade)
    In that case, why not go for the Dynamics... assuming you like them, of course. They were on the (sport) demo I had and I'd have had them on my S-Line if I could. Wheels definitely make a car.

Reverse Gear

Status

Help me spend money

Quote Originally Posted by PjDali View Post
    Likewise but I could not justify paying for Xenons my wife would literally have thrown a serious wobbly :-)
    I er, emm 'adjusted' my order to include the xenons! Haven't told the wife yet, she thinks I just added the through load (kids liked the rear centre armrest in my previous Audis)so by the sounds of some you here, I'm in trouble! :lol: I guess I have until June to earn enough to make up the difference.
    Also having driven with xenons I'd find it hard to go back to candle powered lighting again, it's bad enough I couldn't afford an s line this time round!
    I've a Sport model ordered too, and added the comfort pack, I'd definitely recommend it. I'd like to have added the better speaker system but I'd imagine an aftermarket job of better speakers(behind existing grills)could be done if the standard one sounds pants.

4th Gear

Status

Any thoughts?
    Never really seen the value in front parking sensors but would consider going for comfort pack which upgrades your rear parking sensors and adds cruise control, auto lights and wipers and acoustic glass. I have also gone for upgraded audi speakers
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-line, - Daytona Grey, comfort pack, interior light pack , aluminium roof rails, Audi speakers, folding door mirrors, hill hold, sport suspension, no smoking pack.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveotto View Post
    Never really seen the value in front parking sensors but would consider going for comfort pack which upgrades your rear parking sensors and adds cruise control, auto lights and wipers and acoustic glass. I have also gone for upgraded audi speakers
    don't forget the auto dim rear view mirror, worth the comfort pack all on its own lol
    Audi A3 8v 2.0TDi S-Line, glacier white.

Reverse Gear

Status

Help me spend money

This is my first post on the forum and thought I'd let my view known, I had the front and rear sensors on my previous a3 and its ok for the first month or so but I never used them for the three years after that it was completely useless in my opinion, have rear ones they are always a life saver when parking in tough spaces but I wouldn't recommend the front as I never used them.