Dynamic Light Assist - release date for UK?

bobwilson

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Dynamic Light Assist is available in the UK on Audi or even any other brand of car

and if not why not?

A friend of mine in Norway has it on his new golf mk7 and says its fantastic, as does another friend in germany have it on his A3

Don't think its been approved yet, as cant see it in the brochure.

Do you mean variable headlight range control the brochure states: -

"Upgrades the functionality of the Adaptive lights with the aid of a camera which detects other road users or light sources and allows infinitely variable adaptation of the headlight range between main and dipped beam. Only in combination with Audi active lane assist (PCB) or Audi active lane assist and Audi side assist (7Y5) or driver assistance package (PCE), Adaptive headlights with Xenon Plus headlights (PXA) or Xenon light package (WB6) and Auto-dimming rear-view mirror with light and rain sensor package (PU7) or Comfort package (WBI)"

I have ordered this on my new 1.6TDI Sline Sportsback, however it costs a packet as you need to buy several other options.

No, afaik the dynamic system actually cuts of the field of the beam to a degree, if the internet read ups & videos are to be believed.

No, afaik the dynamic system actually cuts of the field of the beam to a degree, if the internet read ups & videos are to be believed.

no, it's better than that, it masks the small area of the beam that other road users are in. You keep your headlights permanently on full beam without dazzling other road users.